PDA

View Full Version : Rotation for Twins series

Iwritecode
09-03-2003, 01:01 PM
I know someone brought this up at one point in the past few days but I decided to start another thread anyway. I just saw a couple of articles in the Cubune and Sun Times about having Wright pitch in the last game vs. the Jndjans so that they can have Colon, Burly, Garland, Loazia go in the four-game set against the Twins.

Unlike the NY/Cotts debacle, I think this actually makes sense. This time he's actually lining up a good pitcher to go against a good team and a worse pitcher to go against a bad team. Plus, with the off day on the 15th, the rotation will go right back to the way it was even if he hadn't pushed them back. The only thing I don't like is that either way, they'll need a fifth starter on the 20th and 25th. Both those games are against KC. Hey, maybe we'll get lucky and have clinched the division by then!

fquaye149
09-03-2003, 01:47 PM
since when is danny wright a good (starting) pitcher

Iwritecode
09-03-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by fquaye149
since when is danny wright a good (starting) pitcher

"This time he's actually lining up a good pitcher (Burly) to go against a good team and a worse pitcher (Wright) to go against a bad team."

fquaye149
09-03-2003, 04:17 PM
ah. me sorry

OurBitchinMinny
09-03-2003, 06:15 PM
Wright has had a bad injury plagued season, but I wouldnt give up on him yet. He was better than garland last year and he could develop still. But yes Id rather have him face the indians than the twins

dougs78
09-03-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
I know someone brought this up at one point in the past few days but I decided to start another thread anyway. I just saw a couple of articles in the Cubune and Sun Times about having Wright pitch in the last game vs. the Jndjans so that they can have Colon, Burly, Garland, Loazia go in the four-game set against the Twins.

Yes, I think this is a good idea. No one will argue that this twins series will go an awful long way toward deciding the division. I'm hoping we get the pitchers on the top of their game and dominate that series. The way our offense is going right now...we're going to need it. :(: