PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if should go here but its baseball LL style.

Dadawg_77
08-27-2001, 12:00 AM
If you saw LLWS today, what did you think of it? Japan had good fundamentals(SP?), some better then what the Sox use. Florida just couldn't get that key hit to put the game. A very good game by both teams, a fun game to watch. The booth was a little poor, some good baseball points but spent a 1/2 kissing up to Pres. Bush and little bit to much homerism for the FL team.

Also, if he doesn't hurt his arm, I wonder how good that pitcher on the Baby Bombers will be in 5-6 years, when he grads HS and is in the draft?

Hundley for Prez
08-27-2001, 10:52 AM
That Japan SS with the great last name (Ohno) is about the same player as Royce. That's funny since I say "Oh no!" every time I hear Royce's name in the lineup. The kid was class in the field. He won the game for the Japanese team with his defense.

Musburger was a homer for the US? I refuse to believe it. He's always been such a high quality announcer. Oh yeah, he's a North sider.

If anything was disappointing, it's that they didn't show the faces of the Florida team's mothers after they lost. They shoved shots of them down our throats when they were winning, why not a few agony shots in defeat? Maybe I'm just a horrible person, but I hate when they try to make a good game like that into a human interest story.

NUCatsFan
08-27-2001, 11:06 AM
Actually, the play of the game was the grounder between the FL 3B's legs. But you are right about the need for a solid defense.