PDA

View Full Version : "Moist-est Achoo"

Jerko
09-03-2003, 09:00 AM
Well, all the Alomar bashing from up North should stop since the Cubs have their very own spitter that actually WAS ON THE TEAM when he spat at an ump! Nice garbage throwing too from those 'classy' Cub fans, huh? Good thing they are so much better than us.

Rocky Soprano
09-03-2003, 09:25 AM
I was actually there at PissField yesterday and saw when Alou spit at the Ump and when the fans started throwing more garbage on the field than what was already on the field. 3 of us that went are Sox fans and we will all wearing our Cork shirts, as soon as this stuff happened we got up and said, "OH MY GOD, THIS NEVER HAPPENS HERE! THIS IS THE FRIENDLY CONFINES WHATS GOING ON?" No one said anything. :D:

CHISOXFAN13
09-03-2003, 10:26 AM
Why would Sox fans rather be at Wrigley than the Cell?

mandmandm
09-03-2003, 10:36 AM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-030902cubsgamer,1,5841031.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Funny how Sully neglected to mention the spitting.

Rocky Soprano
09-03-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
Why would Sox fans rather be at Wrigley than the Cell?

I was supposed to go and entertain some clients, clients could not go, they said go ahead and use them.

Trust me, I didnt want to go. Tried getting rid of them and couldnt so I took some friends.

Lip Man 1
09-03-2003, 11:39 AM
Something is very odd here....if Alou spit on the ump why hasn't the ump said anything about it?

Why hasn't any of the Cub beat writers said anything about it?

Why hasn't any statements come out of the MLB office saying they are looking into this?

I don't think Alou spit on the ump although when I saw the "highlight" it looked possible.

Either he didn't spit on the ump or there is a vast conspiracy to protect the Cubs and see that they get to the playoffs.

Lip

Rocky Soprano
09-03-2003, 11:59 AM
LOL, I cant believe this crap. Its almost as bad as Corky's excuse for a corked bat:

"Alfonseca wasn't even talking to the umpire," Baker said. "He was talking to Porky (Juan Lopez), our bullpen catcher. The guy threw him out. Then I talked to Al and he said he wasn't trying to bump the umpire. When the guy threw him out, he ran up to him and tried to stop and it was wet out there and he slid right into him. It wasn't intentional and he feels terrible about."

doublem23
09-03-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Either he didn't spit on the ump or there is a vast conspiracy to protect the Cubs and see that they get to the playoffs.

:tool
Cubs = money... Why else do you think we expanded the play-offs to allow double the teams? Even a blind squirrel finds a nut everynow and then.

FJA
09-03-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Something is very odd here....if Alou spit on the ump why hasn't the ump said anything about it?

Why hasn't any of the Cub beat writers said anything about it?

Why hasn't any statements come out of the MLB office saying they are looking into this?

I don't think Alou spit on the ump although when I saw the "highlight" it looked possible.

Lip

I thought it was pretty clear on the highlight that Alou spit on the ump's shoe.

Hangar18
09-03-2003, 12:40 PM
Amazing how the Media WONT report a Cub spitting on an Ump...
or how a certain teams fans were caught running around and attacking umpires....
Just like they covered up Jae Kuk killing a defenseless bird....
Just like they Ignored the fact the cubs drafted a guy who MAIMED another ball player in college...

Jerko
09-03-2003, 02:56 PM
Yeah but those guys weren't WITH the Cubs when that happened.

RichH55
09-03-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Amazing how the Media WONT report a Cub spitting on an Ump...
or how a certain teams fans were caught running around and attacking umpires....
Just like they covered up Jae Kuk killing a defenseless bird....
Just like they Ignored the fact the cubs drafted a guy who MAIMED another ball player in college...

Speaking of which...how is beanball Christensen's arm nowadays.....I think he had major surgery last I recalled....couldnt have happened to a nicer guy