PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Tuesdays game.

jabrch
09-03-2003, 09:52 AM
I was at the game, so I didn't see everything or hear Hawk's commentary...

1) Why did Ghandi pinch hit for Olivo with RIOS? The guy is just up from AAA, why not use Daubach - an ex red-sox...

2) How did we waste so many leadoff doubles?

3) Colon got hosed...bad luck that not one of those long balls could nick the poll.

4) Was it just me, or did that ump have a very very very low strikezone? It seemed Burkett kept throwing anklebiters at us...

5) Was Burkett that good? Was the strike zone that big? Or were we just that bad offensively yesterday?

Overall, despite the loss, I walked away encouraged by it. If Colon has that kind of stuff the rest of the way, he won't lose many games.

voodoochile
09-03-2003, 10:53 AM
I was sitting with PHG and we wondered the same thing. Why Rios? Yeah, he did his job by moving Crede to third, but it did look like it was a "Manuel Maneuver". He loves to play guys when given the chance in their first game up. Maybe he was holding Daubach for another PH opportunity, unfortunately the game ended with DB on-deck...

George and I were way down the line and couldn't tell why the strikezone was funky, but could tell that it WAS funky just from the reactions of the batters.

cheeses_h_rice
09-03-2003, 11:08 AM
1) Why did Ghandi pinch hit for Olivo with RIOS? The guy is just up from AAA, why not use Daubach - an ex red-sox...

Rios was in there to bunt, and that's about it.

4) Was it just me, or did that ump have a very very very low strikezone? It seemed Burkett kept throwing anklebiters at us...

I thought the strike zone was jumping around all night. A lot of Burkett's strikes were low, IMO, and then the ump raised the zone later in the game.

5) Was Burkett that good? Was the strike zone that big? Or were we just that bad offensively yesterday?

Little from column A, little from column B. Burkett was throwing a lot of junk, but the Sox were swinging at stuff way up in the zone and not swinging at good pitches (especially Konerko).