PDA

View Full Version : Sammy...not enough "juice" to play game 2...


oheeoh...magglio
09-02-2003, 11:17 PM
Out here, i am able to pick up fox sports chicago, as well as fox sports midwest. I watched the midwest (cardinals) broadcast of the cubs/cards game since i don't get wciu out here. Anyway, the cards announcers were saying that sammy wasn't playing game 2 tonight because "he asked to be taken out of the lineup because he was tired." This is pathetic, this guy, the cubs "star" asks out of game 2 of a doubleheader against the cards, who are right with them in the race, because he's TIRED?!?!?!? Too bad nobody will ever know about this bush-league move because the cubune will sweep it under the rug.

Viva Magglio
09-02-2003, 11:23 PM
Meanwhile, our right fielder plays in Detroit with a hyperextended left index finger and produced.

:maggs
"Sammy, you're a wuss!!!"

cheeses_h_rice
09-02-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by oheeoh...magglio
Out here, i am able to pick up fox sports chicago, as well as fox sports midwest. I watched the midwest (cardinals) broadcast of the cubs/cards game since i don't get wciu out here. Anyway, the cards announcers were saying that sammy wasn't playing game 2 tonight because "he asked to be taken out of the lineup because he was tired." This is pathetic, this guy, the cubs "star" asks out of game 2 of a doubleheader against the cards, who are right with them in the race, because he's TIRED?!?!?!? Too bad nobody will ever know about this bush-league move because the cubune will sweep it under the rug.

Hell, Sham-ME* got what he wanted out of today...a game-winning zinger. This concept of putting the 'best' team out there at all times, especially when you're battling the team ahead of you in the standings, doesn't mean **** to him.

And, fittingly, the Flubs lost and didn't score a single run.

oheeoh...magglio
09-02-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Hell, Sham-ME* got what he wanted out of today...a game-winning zinger. This concept of putting the 'best' team out there at all times, especially when you're battling the team ahead of you in the standings, doesn't mean **** to him.

And, fittingly, the Flubs lost and didn't score a single run.

That is all true, but you figure even Sham-Me* wouldn't be dumb enough or heartless enough to ask for game 2 off tonight because he's "tired?!?!?"

cheeses_h_rice
09-02-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by oheeoh...magglio
That is all true, but you figure even Sham-Me* wouldn't be dumb enough or heartless enough to ask for game 2 off tonight because he's "tired?!?!?"

Here's his quote:

"After you play 15 innings, I don't think you have any energy left. But that was a big one for the team. We played so hard to be where we are.''


Judge for yourself.

:)

oheeoh...magglio
09-02-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Here's his quote:



Judge for yourself.

:)

Simply amazing! Not that sammy said that, but that ramirez, lofton, alou, among others, had the "juice" to play both games, but sammy didn't! :)

faneidde
09-03-2003, 07:46 AM
Imagine how tired a white player would have gotten after playing 15 innings in the sun.

HURT35
09-03-2003, 08:30 AM
The "gladiator" couldn't drag his lazy ass out to play. That's OK, Governor Blago said "Sammy's done enough today". Typical Cub fan. Shouldnt that guy be in Springfield instead of at the Cub game every freakin time I turn it on. At least we have the RIGHT politician on our side in the mayor.

voodoochile
09-03-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by HURT35
The "gladiator" couldn't drag his lazy ass out to play. That's OK, Governor Blago said "Sammy's done enough today". Typical Cub fan. Shouldnt that guy be in Springfield instead of at the Cub game every freakin time I turn it on. At least we have the RIGHT politician on our side in the mayor.

They can have the puppet, we'll take the master...