PDA

View Full Version : Those Great Flubfans

soxwon
09-02-2003, 10:24 PM
Last inning- Carrie Wood-Decked SL pitcher Matt Morris,The Cub announcers Laughed!!! Morris hadnt done anything to deserve this.
then in the bottom of 7 The cubs had the bags loaded, a ball was hit right on the chalk line but was immediately called a foul ball.
with the fans standing ALOU flew out to left.
during the half innings Alou said something to the umpire and was ejected. Lofton had to hold Alou back from bumping the umpire, the fans started throwing garbage on to the field, to add to the GARBAGE playing on the field- there own team LOL
and they say sox fans are bad.
the cards lead 2-0 in the 8th

chisoxt
09-02-2003, 10:32 PM
The realty is that the Cubs were handed Game 1 when the umps butchered a call that gave them the two tying runs

Viva Magglio
09-02-2003, 10:56 PM
So as they always do when a real controversial call goes against them, the Wrigley Bleacherites trash the field. Let's see how the media handles this, in comparison to incidents at our ballpark. While we have had isolated incidents of drillrods running on the field and drunken fights in the upper deck, which the media reminds of every hour on the hour, have our fans as a group acted improper and trashed the field? Hmmm?

Well, there was that one little incident on July 12, 1979. But most of those people were not baseball fans by any means.

Gee, the Cubs didn't seem too upset when the umps blew the call on Albert Pujols in the first game, did they! It seems that throughout this season, the Cubs have benefited from a lot of blown calls that go against the other team. The blown call on Pujols and the questionable call on Alou's drive are why we need instant replay. These umps don't know their arse from a hole in the ground, and don't give me this "human element" crap.

TornLabrum
09-02-2003, 10:58 PM
One huge difference between The Cell and Wrigley is that at the latter, it's the players who attack the umpires, not the fans.

ChiSox21
09-02-2003, 11:03 PM
Cub fans are the most annoying fans in the game of baseball. When i go to school i have to see at least 50 people wearing those pathetic clown like flub jerseys on. You couldn't convince a Cub fan that the Sox are in first right now.

Viva Magglio
09-02-2003, 11:13 PM
:julie
"These Cub fans are morons!!!"

:wills
"Julie, I think the term you want to use is 'drillrods.'"

DrCrawdad
09-02-2003, 11:40 PM
Yeah those Bleacherettes had the perfect angle for Alou's line drive.

cheeses_h_rice
09-02-2003, 11:41 PM
http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-cubs&msg=55752.1&ctx=0

Heh. Did Julie Swieca really tell a caller to shove it up his.......?

Viva Magglio
09-02-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-cubs&msg=55752.1&ctx=0

Heh. Did Julie Swieca really tell a caller to shove it up his.......?

:julie
"YES I DID!!!"

I think Julie was really angry that we lost tonight 2-1 and was not in the mood to deal with drillrod Cub fans.

Viva Magglio
09-02-2003, 11:56 PM
Now, she's going after Cub fans defending Alfonseca for bumping the umpire. SHE'S GONNA BLOW!!! As funny as this may be to listen to, Julie does not show great professionalism blowing up at callers who say things she disagrees with.

Konerkoholic
09-03-2003, 12:32 AM
The guy who Julie told off had it coming. He was getting on her about how he thought she knew something about sprts, how he used to have respect for a woman who knew sports, but not anymore. He made absolutely no sense and deserved to be cut off.

Konerkoholic
09-03-2003, 12:35 AM
BTW, Cub fans are such dorks. "You shouldn't say the A-word." GIve me a break, you fanny-pack wearing, visor-sporting losers.

cheeses_h_rice
09-03-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Konerkoholic
BTW, Cub fans are such dorks. "You shouldn't say the A-word." GIve me a break, you fanny-pack wearing, visor-sporting losers.

Ass? That hasn't been a "bad" word since "Soap" was on TV. Sheesh.

Somehow, I have this feeling that Alfonseca and Alou said much, much worse to the ump during the second game tonight.

Jerko
09-03-2003, 01:07 AM
I am not saying fair or foul, I'm not saying the Cubs were right, they DID get 2 gift runs in game 1 that nobody seems to remember up North. BUT, Julie Sweica is an *******; I don't care if she likes the Sox or not. Funny, when the Sox win in spite of Manuel and someone calls her up and mentions his name, she does not want to hear it cause the Sox won and she insults the caller and hangs up on him. Now tonight she is cutting people off and swearing at them cause she's in a bad mood the Sox lost? So it's ok for her, miss high and mighty, to be upset when the Sox lose but we can't be? I give her till the middle of October before she's out of that time slot and relegated back to Sunday updates where she belongs (if that). I guess the fans she disagreed with forgot to tell her how beautiful she was tonight or didn't call her Drew Barrymore since that seems to be how she bases her moods and conversations from what I've heard of her, and thankfully, it hasn't been much. Just because she is a bimbo who knows ballplayers' names (read: frustrated groupie) does not mean she is all knowing and all powerful. And no, I am not the guy she hung up on either. Real nice hanging up on your callers just cause you're in a bad mood. Well so are the callers, they use you to sound off too and you hang up on them and tell them to shove it up their asses? Real nice. I'm in a bad mood too, I think I'll call my boss and tell her to shove it up her ass right now too. Low class and uncalled for, even though it WAS to a Cub fan.

inta
09-03-2003, 03:31 AM
i am ecstatic about the behavior of alou and alfons tonight.
and also with dusty's comment that the umps "need to get it right". i look forward to seeing the cubs get absolutely no benefit of the doubt on calls for the rest of this season.

steff
09-03-2003, 08:51 AM
OMG.. I am LMAO @ that thread.

:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

Hangar18
09-03-2003, 09:08 AM
any cub fan that calls a show AND DOESNT make sense should shove it up their (insert word here) she DID THE RIGHT THING

soxtalker
09-03-2003, 09:21 AM
When I tuned into Julie Swieca's show, it must have been sometime after she cut the Cub fan off. She did seem to be more testy than I've ever heard her before. However, when she cut people off (and that's a bit strong -- she did let them have their say), they were Cub fans who wanted to tell her that she was biased bacause she was a White Sox fan. I don't think that she could have said much of anything to appease them.

I don't agree with Swieca on everything. She, like much of the media covering the Sox, like Manuel and can't seem to fathom the dislike that many of us fans have toward him. But I generally like her show.

Jerko
09-03-2003, 09:54 AM
She hung up on a SOX fan the other day for bashing JM, that alone should get her ass out of the post game time slot. I think she is getting too high of an opinion of herself since all her "boyfriends" call her show and tell her how great she is all the time. I GUARAN-DAMN-TEE, as the Rock used to say, if she were a MAN with the EXACT same thoughts, her listenership would be paltry at best. Also, I don't want to hear about Alomar the spitter anymore from the Cub fans, and their newest tool, "Moist-est Achoo". I guess that was a sneeze and he really didn't spit on that ump; a warm and fuzzy Cubbie would NEVER do that. So NOW, they have Corky, Sausage beater Simon, Moist-est Achoo, the bird killer in the minors, and we have to hear about Alomar all the time. Jerkoffs.

shane
09-03-2003, 11:24 AM
Well, there was that one little incident on July 12, 1979. But most of those people were not baseball fans by any means.

The same holds true for wrigley on any given night.

voodoochile
09-03-2003, 11:26 AM
So she hangs up on callers and rips on fans... Sounds like a shock jock to me. It brings in the ratings and you all listen because you hate her so much. You think the station cares why you listen?

Jerko
09-03-2003, 12:36 PM
I've listened to her 2 times; one was on a Sunday morning because my only other choice was Tom Hair (Schaer) CUB hour on AM1000, and once was after an Angels game in Anaheim because I thought J. Hood was still on in that time slot. Both times I had her on for less than 10 minutes and all I heard was her being a bitch to the callers and then right after she was a bitch, the next beatoff on hold would say something like, Oh jules, you were so RIGHT to hang up on that guy, and then he would hang up! What the hell did he call for!?! He wanted to say the same thing as the guy she hung up on but he didn't cause he knew he would be next if he actually voiced his own opinion, which is what I thought the post game show was for. I left it on on purpose that 2nd night because I predicted that right after she hung up on the SOX fan, that the next guy would just call to fawn all over her sorry ass and that's just what he did. Viola, he's caller of the show for saying "you were right to hang up on that guy". What a joke. I don't listen to her anymore, I just heard what she said last night through WSI!