PDA

View Full Version : Twins Meinkiewicz May Be Out For Season

Clarkdog
09-02-2003, 06:18 PM
Another Injury, Only Worse (http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/baseball/6670114.htm)

MetalliSox
09-02-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Clarkdog
Another Injury, Only Worse (http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/baseball/6670114.htm)

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

dllrbll7
09-02-2003, 06:34 PM
I'm Crying!! He's my favorite nonsox I dont know if i would be more happy if Sosa was out for the rest of the season

faneidde
09-02-2003, 07:04 PM
You can put him on the shelf....YES!

cheeses_h_rice
09-02-2003, 07:10 PM
Next thing you'll tell me, my good friend and decided non-jagoff AJ Pirereaudzifuclzclzkjckljzlvjzxclvj will be out for the season, too.

LASOXFAN
09-02-2003, 07:26 PM
I can't help but feel this is a team on the brink of imploding. Reed's unhappy, as are a lot of others. If they get swept by the Angels we could be in a position to put the bullet in the head when they show up at the Cell next week. That would be sweet.

fquaye149
09-02-2003, 07:48 PM
this helps the twins. dougie sucked. morneau's a masher.

Konerkoholic
09-02-2003, 07:56 PM
The Twins will miss his glove over at first. Whoever replaces him may not be able to dig low throws from Christian "Satan beard" Guzman. As much as I hate Mientkiewicz, he plays a damn good first base.

duke of dorwood
09-02-2003, 09:24 PM
I hate them all

RedPinStripes
09-02-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Next thing you'll tell me, my good friend and decided non-jagoff AJ Pirereaudzifuclzclzkjckljzlvjzxclvj will be out for the season, too.

:farmer
"AJ is a very nice guy from Kankakee Il. I say that every time i see him . When someone's a nice guy, you say he's a nice guy, because that's what you do. And i like to repeat everything i say while i have my head up my ass"

doublem23
09-03-2003, 12:00 AM
Poor Dougie.

Twins8791
09-03-2003, 06:00 AM
He wanted to play Wednesday, he is being held back until Friday. Thursday is an off day.

Mammoo
09-03-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
:farmer
"AJ is a very nice guy from Kankakee Il. I say that every time i see him . When someone's a nice guy, you say he's a nice guy, because that's what you do. And i like to repeat everything i say while i have my head up my ass"

He truly is an idiot!

Dan McNeil can blow him till the cows come home; he's boring useless and addlebrained!

ScottyTheSoxFan
09-03-2003, 04:08 PM
heres to a speedy recovery, doug :gulp:

RichH55
09-03-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by fquaye149
this helps the twins. dougie sucked. morneau's a masher.
I happen to agree here.....forcing the twins to get better isnt that great....and that stuff about D at first....wooow wee! Where does first base defense rank in the overall scheme of baseball things? 7,004 or 7,005? Whereas hitting is somewhere in that top 10.....Same crap I used to hear from Cubs fans in the 1990s when Grace would hit .300 and play "great" D so thus he was at least as good if not better than Thomas...blah blah

ma-gaga
09-03-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
Where does first base defense rank in the overall scheme of baseball things?

Hey, don't bother looking at this years stats. Just remember the first half of 2002. I'm sure that Mientkiewicz hasn't been any better than that.

This year he's hitting 0.300/0.390/0.457, and that ain't crap. I know he doesn't mash like Thomas/Giambi/Thome, but it's not like he's hitting like he did last year. Add the defense, the mouth, the leadership and the lucky spot, he's a 5 tool player ! Hey fine, hate him if he's not on your team, but he's not a sinkhole like you might think he is.

Morneau might be special. Every minor league expert says he is, but he needs to get broken in. Similar to what Crede went through the first half of this year. Screw it, this gives LeCroy at bats, and he can MASH!

RichH55
09-04-2003, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
Hey, don't bother looking at this years stats. Just remember the first half of 2002. I'm sure that Mientkiewicz hasn't been any better than that.

This year he's hitting 0.300/0.390/0.457, and that ain't crap. I know he doesn't mash like Thomas/Giambi/Thome, but it's not like he's hitting like he did last year. Add the defense, the mouth, the leadership and the lucky spot, he's a 5 tool player ! Hey fine, hate him if he's not on your team, but he's not a sinkhole like you might think he is.

Morneau might be special. Every minor league expert says he is, but he needs to get broken in. Similar to what Crede went through the first half of this year. Screw it, this gives LeCroy at bats, and he can MASH!

Those arent great numbers either....true he is up, but where else did he have to go? Still hes lucky to be middle of the pack in terms of hitting for his position, and I dont think 1B D makes up for all that much...this isnt SS we are talking....I dont think a great 1B saves that many runs over an average 1B....

And you get two skills for mouth and leadership? Geez....If he can walk and chew gum at the same time does that make him a 7 tool player?