PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Jeremy Reed

SoxxoS
09-02-2003, 04:26 PM
#1 on BA's Prospect Hot Sheet finale. (http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/hotsheet.html)

Randar68
09-02-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
#1 on BA's Prospect Hot Sheet finale. (http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/hotsheet.html)

2nd time as #1 and has been in the top 3 for the past 4 weeks IIRC (maybe 4 of last 5 weeks)

MRKARNO
09-02-2003, 04:43 PM
Ahead of Harden and Cabrera? Wow. Harden was amazing down there, but Jeremy Reed was better I guess.

Does anyone know if we can purchase reed's contract and have him on the playoff roster like what Anaheim did with K-rod last year? Isnt it true that because of the stewart situation that we are able to do so if stewart remains on the DL(which he will)?

Randar68
09-02-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Ahead of Harden and Cabrera? Wow. Harden was amazing down there, but Jeremy Reed was better I guess.

Does anyone know if we can purchase reed's contract and have him on the playoff roster like what Anaheim did with K-rod last year? Isnt it true that because of the stewart situation that we are able to do so if stewart remains on the DL(which he will)?

The Prospect Hot Sheet is not a ranking of prospects, like a top 10 or top 100 list. It is just a list of the most productive/performing players for the previous week.

SoxxoS
09-02-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
The Prospect Hot Sheet is not a ranking of prospects, like a top 10 or top 100 list. It is just a list of the most productive/performing players for the previous week.

This one was for the season...goes to show you what Reed did to his stock.

Randar68
09-02-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
This one was for the season...goes to show you what Reed did to his stock.

Just re-read the first paragraph or 2. You're right. Basically for the season. Last PHS had Reed described as a Dark Horse POY candidate.

Daver
09-02-2003, 06:37 PM
Not bad for a converted infielder that was considered by many draft experts as a "mistake" of a second round pick.

Vsahajpal
09-02-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Daver
Not bad for a converted infielder that was considered by many draft experts as a "mistake" of a second round pick.

I was heavily criticized at this forum for pimping the 2002 draft, Ring, Reed, Ryan Rodriguez, and Micah Schnurstein are all players!

Daver
09-02-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
I was heavily criticized at this forum for pimping the 2002 draft, Ring, Reed, Ryan Rodriguez, and Micah Schnurstein are all players!

I'll still tell you Reed was a wasted first round pick Vic.

I'll give you props for Shnurstein though,I think Schaffer found a winner with that pick.

MarkEdward
09-02-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO

Why should he be placed on the playoff roster? He has no place on the Sox at this time. Aaron Rowand can do everything Reed can do right now(although I'm sure Reed will become the better player as time passes).

Lip Man 1
09-02-2003, 10:20 PM
Let's hope Reed doesn't turn out to be the everyday version of Scott Ruffcorn.

Lip

Daver
09-02-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Let's hope Reed doesn't turn out to be the everyday version of Scott Ruffcorn.

Lip

Comparing a corner outfielder to a starting pitcher is a bit of a stretch don't you think?

Lip Man 1
09-02-2003, 10:38 PM
Daver:

that's why I said "everyday." If he winds up like Ruffcorn he'll be a bigger bust. Ruffcorn could only underachieve once every five days.

Lip

doublem23
09-02-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Daver
Comparing a corner outfielder to a starting pitcher is a bit of a stretch don't you think?

Of course not! It's the Sox... They all stink in Lip's eyes.

RichH55
09-02-2003, 11:26 PM
Daver:

that's why I said "everyday." If he winds up like Ruffcorn he'll be a bigger bust. Ruffcorn could only underachieve once every five days.

Lip

The differences between pitchers and everydays players....even as prospects....Hence the phrase "There is no such thing as a pitching prospect"

Its apples and oranges

Randar68
09-02-2003, 11:51 PM
Daver:

Lip

Right on time

:chickenlittle