PDA

View Full Version : <teal>Aw thatsashame.

cheeses_h_rice
09-02-2003, 03:03 PM
CHICAGO CUBS 9TH
-O Palmeiro in left field.
-M Matheny catching.
-Bottom of the 9th inning
-M Alou singled to left.
-K Lofton singled to left, M Alou thrown out at third.
-A Gonzalez walked, K Lofton to second.
-D Miller struck out swinging.
-K Lofton stole third.
-H Choi walked, A Gonzalez to second.
-R Martinez hit for J Borowski.
-R Martinez flied out to deep left center.

LMAO. Too bad Alou got thrown out trying to advance -- stupidly I might add -- on a no-out single.

FJA
09-02-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
CHICAGO CUBS 9TH
-O Palmeiro in left field.
-M Matheny catching.
-Bottom of the 9th inning
-M Alou singled to left.
-K Lofton singled to left, M Alou thrown out at third.
-A Gonzalez walked, K Lofton to second.
-D Miller struck out swinging.
-K Lofton stole third.
-H Choi walked, A Gonzalez to second.
-R Martinez hit for J Borowski.
-R Martinez flied out to deep left center.

LMAO. Too bad Alou got thrown out trying to advance -- stupidly I might add -- on a no-out single.

Don't know if you saw it, cheeses, but Palmeiro's catch to end the inning was something else.

cheeses_h_rice
09-02-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by FJA
Don't know if you saw it, cheeses, but Palmeiro's catch to end the inning was something else.

So I hear. I'm at work and am reliant on peoples' posts on the other MBs. Flub fans are pissed.

SoxFanDan
09-02-2003, 03:09 PM
that was a great catch, but cubs have the big MO.

bobj4400
09-02-2003, 03:11 PM
This game should have been over. Cards got screwed by the umps in the 5th, allowing the tying two unearned runs to score.

Once again the Flubs get lucky.

FJA
09-02-2003, 03:12 PM
So I hear. I'm at work and am reliant on peoples' posts on the other MBs. Flub fans are pissed.

I was actually surprised he went for it ... he jumped right into the wall, which most players will not do since it's not that padded. Luckily, he got his feet up there first, and just kind of bounced off that way.

Chimp was going nuts ... he was almost as excited about the catch as he would have been about a Sham-Me solo shot when the Flubs are down by 10.

cheeses_h_rice
09-02-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by bobj4400
This game should have been over. Cards got screwed by the umps in the 5th, allowing the tying two unearned runs to score.

Once again the Flubs get lucky.

What happened on the play(s)?

bobj4400
09-02-2003, 03:18 PM
What happened on the play(s)?

Pujols caught a routine Ramirez fly ball, then dropped it as he was taking it from his glove. The third base ump ruled he never caught it. Then with two out in the inning and Ramirez still on second, Simontacchi gave up back to back doubles to tie the score.

Santo and Hughes were going on an on about how lucky they were to get the break from the ump, and how it was a sign the Flubs were a great team, b/c only great teams 'take advantage of breaks' like this one.

cheeses_h_rice
09-02-2003, 04:03 PM
CHICAGO CUBS 12TH
-S Kline relieved J Isringhausen.
-Bottom of the 12th inning
-H Choi struck out swinging.
-A Ojeda flied out to deep left.
-T Womack singled to left.
-S Sosa grounded out to second.

I read that Sham-ME* swung at both balls 4 AND 5 during his at-bat this inning.

The Shaminator's really stepping up when it counts today. LMAO.

FJA
09-02-2003, 04:21 PM
If this game goes on too much longer, the Flubs are going to have a serious problem getting this crowd out and the next crowd in.

MarqSox
09-02-2003, 04:21 PM
The second game today should be amusing to watch ... these teams are gonna be dead.

cheeses_h_rice
09-02-2003, 04:25 PM
Ouch. 14 innings and counting.

(Tho' the Cards are threatening.)

MarqSox
09-02-2003, 04:26 PM
Ouch. 14 innings and counting.

(Tho' the Cards are threatening.)
I've actually stopped rooting for the Cards to win ... I'm now rooting for this game to keep going. I'd trade a Cubs win if it means decimating their bullpen.

FJA
09-02-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
The second game today should be amusing to watch ... these teams are gonna be dead.

Tomorrow should be even more amusing if they have to use the bullpens in the second game.

LuvSox
09-02-2003, 04:30 PM
Out of morbid curiosity, which loser sang today? The lead singer from Great White?

SoxFanDan
09-02-2003, 04:30 PM
14th inning stretch, how cheesy

FJA
09-02-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Out of morbid curiosity, which loser sang today? The lead singer from Great White?

Richard Marx in the 7th, Wayne Messmer in the 14th.

cheeses_h_rice
09-02-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by FJA

Richard Marx? You sure it isn't "Turn Back the Clock" Day at Wrigley Field?

FJA
09-02-2003, 04:35 PM
Richard Marx? You sure it isn't "Turn Back the Clock" Day at Wrigley Field?

Must be. Turn back the clock to glorious 1989.

cheeses_h_rice
09-02-2003, 04:38 PM
Choi K's...on to the 15th we go! LMAO.

voodoochile
09-02-2003, 04:38 PM
Bottom of the 14th and the game rolls on. What is hilarious is that the flubbies are playing two today and they are supposed to empty the park between games. That means probably at least 2 hours between games, so if this one keeps going, they are going to be starting the next one late or else they are going to be giving the second group of fans tickets to another game (yeah, right). They even started this game at 12:00 so they wouldn't have a problem with getting the crowd out and in. Somewhere some flubbie exec is sweating heavily at the moment.

If you had a ticket to this game and knew they were going to be pressed for time, wouldn't you try to hide and see if you could stay for the second game?

Unregistered
09-02-2003, 04:40 PM
Richard Marx? You sure it isn't "Turn Back the Clock" Day at Wrigley Field? Ha! Best part about that was the way ol' Rich was talking about himself...like he was still relevant in ANY way. Chip asks him when the next album is coming out (who knew he was even in the biz anymore?) and Marx is like ''We're looking at an October release. Everyone's excited. I'll name the album 'Let's Go Cubbies' if they win it all this year.'', etc. and then he goes on to say that he doesn't want to mention which suburb he lives in because he's afraid that people are going to find out where he lives and drop off demos and bother him. PLEASE.

cheeses_h_rice
09-02-2003, 04:41 PM
VC, what's funny is, imagine if a bunch of Cards fans from this game try to stick around...you could have 45,000+ jammed into the park for tonight's game, all liquored up and itching for some "action" in the stands.

Yes, somewhere at Clark & Addison, Mark McGuire or whoever is sweating bullets...

LuvSox
09-02-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by FJA

Richard Marx, too funny!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
09-02-2003, 04:46 PM
...and we go to the bottom of the 15th, tied at 2...

CubKiller
09-02-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
...Marx is like ''We're looking at an October release. Everyone's excited...and then he goes on to say that he doesn't want to mention which suburb he lives in because he's afraid that people are going to find out where he lives and drop off demos and bother him. PLEASE.

That is too funny. What a joke that whole thing has become.

Also funny when Eddie Vedder was on and Chip told him that the new album sounded great and that the guitar licks were tough, but he keeps working on em.

Seriously though, how much would you pay to be able to go to a club and see Chip play guitar...? What would you throw...? I'd fire a Sammy bobblehead right at his eyebrow.

THE_HOOTER
09-02-2003, 04:55 PM
Game over.

Sosa 2 run homer.

FJA
09-02-2003, 04:56 PM
Ugh ... I hate that I sat through the game to see that.

Hey Dusty, who was that doing the bounce after the game? Because it looked like they were wearing blue.

Unregistered
09-02-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by CubKiller
Seriously though, how much would you pay to be able to go to a club and see Chip play guitar...? How much could I pay to CLUB Chip with a guitar? (counts money...)
:chimp
"Hot Shot to my chin!"

bobj4400
09-02-2003, 05:00 PM
If the Flubs win tonight, we are going to have to deal with all of the Flubs in first place bs. It will be like we dont even exist again.

Vsahajpal
09-02-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
How much could I pay to CLUB Chip with a guitar? (counts money...)
:chimp
"Hot Shot to my chin!"

lmao!

Swung on, Belted! He was creaming his pants today when Palmeiro caught that ball in the 9th. He must be devastated with the Cardinals loss.

Foulke You
09-02-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by bobj4400
If the Flubs win tonight, we are going to have to deal with all of the Flubs in first place bs. It will be like we dont even exist again.

It won't matter, all you'll hear about is the Sosa homer regardless of what happens on either side of town tonight. Ugh, stupid Flubs fan at work had the game on and I had to endure hearing Chip Carey almost blow an O-Ring with excitement. Thank God I'll be at 35th and Shields tonite to cleanse me.

white sox bill
09-02-2003, 05:13 PM
Lets hope the Cards can come back and win the next 3 games. Go Cards!!