Dadawg_77
09-02-2003, 02:55 PM
Baseball Prospectus Triple Play article on the White Sox
(it is a free article)

todayhttp://premium.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=2265

fledgedrallycap
09-02-2003, 03:13 PM
Listen,

If anyone misses DJ, then you obviously never saw one game he played for the Sox this season. He was a turkey on the base paths and had the range of a catcher at 2nd base - he can hit, I will give him that; but Robbie has brought intangables and intelligence to the Southside - which is what we needed.

They can crunch the numbers anyway they see fit, but I think it was a good move.

Iwritecode
09-02-2003, 03:18 PM
Maybe it's just me, but shouldn't he be compairing DJ's numbers with Jose's? DJ was, for the most part, a SS while with the Sox...

voodoochile
09-02-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Maybe it's just me, but shouldn't he be compairing DJ's numbers with Jose's? DJ was, for the most part, a SS while with the Sox...

What? Jimenez was the starting 2B all the time he was here. You thinking of Royce or someone else?

kempsted
09-02-2003, 03:28 PM
No. He played 2b almost exclusivly. He started one game at 3rd but the rest of his starts were at 2b.

kermittheefrog
09-02-2003, 03:41 PM

And people say statheads like me don't watch the games...

doublem23
09-02-2003, 03:51 PM
I don't care how much people think DJ sucked, I'd rather have him than Harris.

But this argument is moot... GO SOX! Two game lead in the last month of the year... Life is sweet.

Randar68
09-02-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
I don't care how much people think DJ sucked, I'd rather have him than Harris.

But this argument is moot... GO SOX! Two game lead in the last month of the year... Life is sweet.

I'd rather have Harris coming off the bench to play 2B or CF and be a competent PR.

fledgedrallycap
09-02-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
I'd rather have Harris coming off the bench to play 2B or CF and be a competent PR.

100% Agreed