PDA

View Full Version : OK, i have had it........

MaggPipes
08-26-2001, 08:42 PM
I personally don't think that Borchard is going to be a very good defensive CF......and you need a very good fielder, with atleast a ton of range TO HAVE CARLOS LEE PLAY LF!!!! I am sick of his little miss-haps in the field....and If we can get Pudge for him do it,.....becuase they are still talking like they are dealing Pudge after the season.....,..

MaggPipes
08-26-2001, 08:44 PM
yeah , yeah i know i said Pudge live with it.......I-Rod if some of you don't understand...

Paulwny
08-26-2001, 08:47 PM
I-Rod too expensive for JR, never happen.

KempersRS
08-26-2001, 08:49 PM
I-Rod too expensive for JR, never happen.

That pretty much sums up what I was going to say.

El Train
08-26-2001, 09:08 PM
Great Trade! Too bad it can only go as far as being talked about on a message board.

On a lighter note, I'm sure the Ranger's top priority is to get more offense.
offense offense offense :)

KVinc
08-28-2001, 12:50 PM
Joe Borchard may not be a good fielder but he will be just like Tori Hunter strong arm, may not field great but has speed to cover gaps. When Joe Borchard comes up you'll see this dude can actually run under a 4.40 unlike some people

:canseco
" Not me i could steal 40 bases"

:harold
"As I could hit .350 this year"

WindyCityHusker
08-28-2001, 01:38 PM
Lets pick up Det's CF/OF Roger Cedeno....good leadoff man, isn't he a UFA after this year?
http://bigleaguers.yahoo.com/mlb/players/5/5428/

Paulwny
08-28-2001, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by WindyCityHusker
Lets pick up Det's CF/OF Roger Cedeno....good leadoff man, isn't he a UFA after this year?
http://bigleaguers.yahoo.com/mlb/players/5/5428/

Real nice numbers plus JM will love the versatility in playing multiple positions. He'd fit right in.

Randar68
08-28-2001, 01:54 PM
Well, Detroit has been extremely disappointed in his ability to play CF. He is supposedly very lazy and lacadaisical out there....just telling ya' what I have heard.....

Dadawg_77
08-28-2001, 01:56 PM
I would like to see a little better obp for a leadoff man. .356 career is okay but would like a leadoff man with anywhere between .375 and above. His K/BB is low, very low for a leadoff man, has 72 right now and had 100 in 1999 with around the same amount of at bats. But he also had a obp of .396 in 1999 which is nice. One thing to look for is to see if he tries at end of the year. 99' was the only other year he played more the 120 games in a season.

Pete Ward
08-28-2001, 02:02 PM
I live in Dallas. I havent heard a word about I-Rod being traded since A-Rod was signed. Tom Hicks knows he has a potential HOFer and wont let him go.

Talk down here is that I-Rod has no interest what so ever in working with the pitching staff. Sele and Stottlemyre signed elsewhere reportedly due to this situation. Also has been reported that I-Rod refused to meet with the pitchers before games until new Mgr Narron forced him to.

But the Guy can hit!

Paulwny
08-28-2001, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Pete Ward

Talk down here is that I-Rod has no interest what so ever in working with the pitching staff. Sele and Stottlemyre signed elsewhere reportedly due to this situation. Also has been reported that I-Rod refused to meet with the pitchers before games until new Mgr Narron forced him to.

[/B]

I also heard that last year plus he'll only call for fast balls with runners on base . He doesn't care what the batter does only concerned with throwing out a base runner, because of this many of the pitchers dislike him. May be a reason for the high team era.

KVinc
08-28-2001, 02:53 PM
I would like to see a little better obp for a leadoff man. .356 career is okay but would like a leadoff man with anywhere between .375 and above. His K/BB is low, very low for a leadoff man, has 72 right now and had 100 in 1999 with around the same amount of at bats. But he also had a obp of .396 in 1999 which is nice. One thing to look for is to see if he tries at end of the year. 99' was the only other year he played more the 120 games in a season.

we will have that in aaron rowand he can be a potential 14 home run 88 plus r.b.i., .370 obp and a .278 to .300 avg.

The thing is we will have to decide is to whether keep Rowand or dump caballo,maggs,Borchard. Caballo can be a guy who will drive in 150 plus r.b.i.'s and hit 40 plus homers, Magglio reminds me alot of Hank Aaron he is not a loud player or doesnt ask for anything but he does everything with substance. Magglio will probably max out at .322 40 homers and 142 r.bi.s, Borchard if he can learn a little patience he can hit .300 plus, 50 plus homers, 143 r.b.i.'s and 100 plus walks(thats why its great that we have Big Frank, he can teach guys like Joe Borchard or heck if Harold becomes a coach he can help too). My idea is that we keep Rowand until 2004 when Borchard will be 25 and should have at least a year in AAa ball under his belt, so in spring training we should have a battle between Julio Ramirez, Joe Borchard and Rowand and the two that look the best, make the team. and whoever flounders minus Borhcard(even if he flounders it doesnt matter just send him down) trade and get value for them

Randar68
08-28-2001, 03:00 PM
Well, personally, I think Borchard will be our starting CF'er next season. Every indication from Sox managment will be that Crede and Borchard will have those jobs to lose. Rowand, I believe, will be traded...

KVinc
08-28-2001, 03:05 PM
too early for Borchard, and if we trade Rowand this spring that means Singleton will be our 4th cf, i dont want to see that.

:slowswing

"I'm the man"

Jerry_Manuel
08-28-2001, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by KVinc
too early for Borchard, and if we trade Rowand this spring that means Singleton will be our 4th cf, i dont want to see that.
:slowswing

"I'm the man"

I'd rather have Juilo as the 4th outfielder over Chris. Juilo cannot hit anything but man he can throw.

:gun
Notice my tag name is "gun".

Daver
08-28-2001, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I'd rather have Juilo as the 4th outfielder over Chris. Juilo cannot hit anything but man he can throw

then you have the same problem next year,2 gaping holes in the line-up when someone has a day off.

Jerry_Manuel
08-28-2001, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by daver
then you have the same problem next year,2 gaping holes in the line-up when someone has a day off.

True but he won't be starting every game he would start every once and awhile. Parhaps he has learned something about hitting. We will see when he gets called up with Harold.

Randar68
08-28-2001, 05:22 PM
Yeah, Julio learned how to stay above the MEndoza line in AAA....

bla!

Jerry_Manuel
08-28-2001, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Yeah, Juloi learned how to stay above the MEndoza line in AAA....

bla!

Well as a 4th outfielder with us he would be on the team more for his defense then his offense. Randar what does "bla!" mean? I see that at the end of some of your posts just wondering what it means.

Randar68
08-28-2001, 05:27 PM
Well as a 4th outfielder with us he would be on the team more for his defense then his offense. Randar what does "bla!" mean? I see that at the end of some of your posts just wondering what it means.

I stole it from someone on the Troll board. The guy made me laugh with all his one liners, and when trolling, it makes an emphatic conclusion to a particualrly cynical or sarcastic post....

That's the short of it....

Jerry_Manuel
08-28-2001, 05:31 PM
I stole it from someone on the Troll board. The guy made me laugh with all his one liners, and when trolling, it makes an emphatic conclusion to a particualrly cynical or sarcastic post....

:moron
Let me try!
The Sox are evil bla!

Randar68
08-28-2001, 05:35 PM
You gotta give it a couple lines down, like you're pausing, and then just yelling....

BLA!

Jerry_Manuel
08-28-2001, 05:58 PM
You gotta give it a couple lines down, like you're pausing, and then just yelling....

BLA!

Yelling eh?

:chimp
A rocket shot by Sosa and the Cubs WIN!!!!

BLA!

Bmr31
08-28-2001, 06:01 PM

How stupid :)

KVinc
08-28-2001, 10:30 PM
at least Julio has potential to hit and unlike chris

Daver
08-28-2001, 10:33 PM
at least Julio has potential to hit and unlike chris

Julio has had 4 years in the minors to prove he can't hit.

voodoochile
08-28-2001, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31

How stupid :)

bla!

KVinc
08-31-2001, 07:56 PM
uhhh DAVER boy! Julio hit pretty good in his last two years with the catfish especially his last i believe where he hit .270 and 15 plus homers .

So once again Daver, dont piss me off and choke on that slapnuts!

I am the chosen one!

FarWestChicago
08-31-2001, 08:05 PM
uhhh DAVER boy! Julio hit pretty good in his last two years with the catfish especially his last i believe where he hit .270 and 15 plus homers .

So once again Daver, dont piss me off and choke on that slapnuts!

I am the chosen one!

Please take this kind of stuff to The Parking Lot.

KVinc
08-31-2001, 08:10 PM
I'm not dissing daver thats a wrestling i posted earlier about dont piss me off.

Jeff Jarrett says that all the time