PDA

View Full Version : BBTN gives SOX no respect....Again...and Again

Hangar18
09-02-2003, 09:01 AM
After watching the stellar way the Sox came back on Sunday, and beat the Tigers in the 8th inning, and watch Loiaza get his AL Leading 18th victory, also solidifying their lead in the Central......You would think BBTN would mention the White Sox or comment on them right? They are in 1st place after all right? Well, during the hour long "special", the SOX were skipped over in favor of the Twins Hilites....then the Royals Hilites, then an INDEPTH look at the RedSox Yankees series. The Padres and Mets were pushed ahead of the SOX also. Of course, they immediately went to the Astros and Reds hilites and commented on that for a while. the Mariners got next, and If im not mistaken, the Rockies were pushed in there also. The Cubs amazingly then made their appearance and got some coverage. When they went to commmercial again.....at 40 minutes past the hour (and only 20mins left in the "show") they Mentioned they'd get to the White SOX. And get to them they did. showed how the runs scored, said Loiaza got the W, his 18th, then QUICKLY moved on the next hilites. No mention of the Road Trip, no mention of how the SOx are still in 1st place, no mention that the other teams were right behind them, no mention how Loiaza is almost carrying the Pitching staff. Just some hilites and quickly moving on. For 40 straight minutes, I got red hot angry at how they were pushed back ....back...back

phanreign
09-02-2003, 11:36 AM
Nothing wrong with saving the best for last . . .

MarqSox
09-02-2003, 12:05 PM
No respect from BBTN, eh? I guess that's why the Sox were the unanimous selection by the BBTN guys last week to not only win the AL Central, but they were picked as the team they'd least like to face in a short playoff series.

That sounds like respect to me.

shane
09-02-2003, 12:43 PM
Harold Reynolds has been picking the Sox for quite some time now. Did that change? I haven't watched BBTN for the past couple of weeks.

Hangar18
09-02-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
No respect from BBTN, eh? I guess that's why the Sox were the unanimous selection by the BBTN guys last week to not only win the AL Central, but they were picked as the team they'd least like to face in a short playoff series.

I was talking about Sundays edition

MetalliSox
09-02-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18

I don't think Sox vs. Detroit is a top story. The highlights consisted of Loaiza mostly. He won his 18th game.

Some people worry too much about what ESPN thinks of us. Who cares? Let us sneak up on some teams.

FanOf14
09-02-2003, 02:00 PM
I agree KonerkosHip. Unless the team is a coastal team or a big name, ESPN isn't going to talk that much about them. Unless there is a good game on, I just tune to ESPN for the ticker at the bottom.

pudge
09-02-2003, 02:08 PM

Hangar, I appreciate you as the WSI media watchdog, but I think we forget sometimes that there are, what, 30 teams in mlb? We can't be the only team complaining about respect. We were playing the lowly Tigers, so nobody cares. The Twins and Royals were playing West coast teams that have marquee players like A-Rod and Garrett Anderson, who people probably have on their fantasy teams or whatever. ESPN went gaga over us during the New York series. We'll get some coverage playing Boston and Minny.

steff
09-02-2003, 05:32 PM
Oh Henry.. do you ever stop bitchin & moanin..? :whiner:

:D:

jabrch
09-02-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox

Harold Reynolds said that he be afraid of this team in a short series. We are getting the respect on a national level. Locally, we are still the wicked stepchild, but if we keep winning, that will all change.

Hangar18
09-02-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by steff
Oh Henry.. do you ever stop bitchin & moanin..? :whiner:

:D:

tough job.....but someones got to do it :cool:

voodoochile
09-02-2003, 05:42 PM
tough job.....but someones got to do it :cool:

Must be the site motto...

"WSI bitching about Sox Management and the media coverage for over 1/2-decade..."

Not that there is anything wrong with that... :)

steff
09-03-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

"WSI bitching about Sox Management and the media coverage for over 1/2-decade..."

Yikes.. over half a decade..??

voodoochile
09-03-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by steff
Yikes.. over half a decade..??

Yeah, as websites go, this one is a granddaddy...

RKMeibalane
09-03-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

I could be the WSI mascot. I've probably bitched and complained more than anyone here. :D:

TheRockinMT
09-03-2003, 05:08 PM

I know what you mean about the BBTN crew. However, the have been saying good things about the Sox but you watch some of their 30 minute coverage and the pass over the Sox or spend more time showing fielding highlights of the Sox opponents, even though they lost to the Chisox. There really is no rhyme or reason to what they do.