PDA

View Full Version : Fenway fan kicked out for throwing HR ball back

adsit
09-02-2003, 08:26 AM
Sounded good till I read the Red Sox owner wants to apologize to this guy...

Sordid details (http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2003/09/02/strange_call_at_fenway/)

How about apologizing to the security guards, who were doing their job, removing a drillrod who, caving in to the slightest peer pressure, throws a potentially dangerous projectile onto the field of play?

The Scrub virus is mutating... and spreading. Yikes.

Jerko
09-02-2003, 09:59 AM
Fenway.....................Wrigley................ ..see the connection? I'm not surprised. They SHOULD kick people out for that. I wonder if I was sitting at a game enjoying a soda, and the big cup of ice got in my way when I finished it, could I throw that on to the field without getting the boot? I guess if I wait till the other team hits a homer I can since that seems to be the time that it is allowed.

Irishsox1
09-02-2003, 10:36 AM
Throwing a homerun back is the dumbest thing I've seen in baseball since astroturf, dome stadiums and Terry Bevington.

jabrch
09-02-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Irishsox1
Throwing a homerun back is the dumbest thing I've seen in baseball since astroturf, dome stadiums and Terry Bevington.

Dome stadiums aren't nearly as stupid as AstroTurf - and we know that Turf is smarter than Bevington. Comparing Bevington to AstroTurf is insulting to AstroTurf farms around the country.

Seriously, I lived in AZ for a year. Go to 25 D-Backs games a year outdoors and you would BEG for a dome with AC. SkyDome is also a good place for a game.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-02-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Irishsox1

Dumb, huh? Have you noticed who is managing the Sox right now? :smile:

:jerry
"Hey, I resemble that remark. And I'm obstinate about my ignorance, too!"

FanOf14
09-02-2003, 01:50 PM
To be honest, I always thought throwing something on the field was supposed to get you removed from any stadium. I was always surprised that security never removed anyone for doing that. :?:

doublem23
09-02-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
To be honest, I always thought throwing something on the field was supposed to get you removed from any stadium. I was always surprised that security never removed anyone for doing that. :?:

How dare you question a sacred Cub tradition! Next thing you'll be telling us Sammy Sosa uses steroids and the weeds on the walls are ugly.

Blasphemy, I say!