PDA

View Full Version : Lonely Sox fan in Indy

Greg1983
09-01-2003, 08:47 PM
Hello everyone.

I'm in search of any Sox fans in the Indianapolis, IN area for socializing and maybe catching some games together on WGN. I'm 30 years old and originally from Northwest Indiana but have been stuck here in the hinterlands since about 1996.

It's lonely down here. Indy's not much of a baseball town. We have a Triple-A team, the Indians, who play in a lovely minor league ballpark downtown, but it's more "family entertainment" than it is for serious baseball fans. The small minority you do meet who are into baseball generally pull for either the Cincinnati Reds or the Flubs.

So, I'm looking for any other lonely Sox fans in the area who'd like to join forces. We don't have to like the same music, have the same opinions on politics or religion, or have anything else in common. And I'm already happily married, so this is NOT a come-on to try to meet some ladies. No, I'm just looking for people who like to watch and discuss the Sox. And if you like to drink beer as well, this could be the start of a beautiful friendship. :gulp:

Greg1983

WinningUgly!
09-01-2003, 09:07 PM
Welcome to the show, Greg!http://www.themorlocks.com/talk/images/smiles/gene.gif :gulp:

LuvSox
09-02-2003, 07:56 AM
There is a couple of Indy Sox fans around here. I visit my favorite drinking spots there about 4-5 times a year. It's a beautiful city with plenty of places to get in trouble :D: :gulp:

Reichardt
09-02-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Greg1983
Hello everyone.

I'm in search of any Sox fans in the Indianapolis, IN area for socializing and maybe catching some games together on WGN. I'm 30 years old and originally from Northwest Indiana but have been stuck here in the hinterlands since about 1996.

It's lonely down here. Indy's not much of a baseball town. We have a Triple-A team, the Indians, who play in a lovely minor league ballpark downtown, but it's more "family entertainment" than it is for serious baseball fans. The small minority you do meet who are into baseball generally pull for either the Cincinnati Reds or the Flubs.

So, I'm looking for any other lonely Sox fans in the area who'd like to join forces. We don't have to like the same music, have the same opinions on politics or religion, or have anything else in common. And I'm already happily married, so this is NOT a come-on to try to meet some ladies. No, I'm just looking for people who like to watch and discuss the Sox. And if you like to drink beer as well, this could be the start of a beautiful friendship. :gulp:

Greg1983

Greg,
You are not alone in Indy. I have lived and died (often) with the fortunes of the Sox for the past 30+ years. It would be fun to rejoice and cry with a brother from another mother.
I will say that my social life is pathetic. Being a 40 year old dad of 2 boys, my life is knee deep in cub scouts, soccer, tennis, wifestuff, work etc. However, since this may be the year we've all been waiting for - I would welcome an occasional diversion!

Greg1983
09-03-2003, 07:15 AM
Hey there...

well, it's good to know you're out there. I can certainly understand how busy you are with your family. I'm married but without kids, so that makes things a little easier for me.

Maybe we could find a watering hole at a mutually convenient site and catch the next WGN game together or something.

I'm on the west side of town, near Speedway.

Drop me a line at glanter1@comcast.net.

Greg1983