09-01-2003, 04:32 PM
sox only called up 1??????

is that a bad idea

Daver
09-01-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by SoxFanDan

is that a bad idea

Since today is a travel day the Sox will probably announce their call-ups tomorrow.

SoxFanDan
09-01-2003, 04:36 PM
oh thanks daver.

MisterB
09-01-2003, 04:39 PM

is that a bad idea

That's entirely dependent on the quality of the players called up. Considering Manuel's obsession with 'resting' players the first half, there shouldn't be a need for a lot of bench players down the stretch. Besides, there's not a lot of players in the Sox high minors that would be more than marginally helpful right now anyway. (Rauch? Rios? Reed?)

DrCrawdad
09-01-2003, 04:46 PM
I don't want to see Rios in a White Sox uniform again. Rios can't pinch hit. He can't play centerfield and is below average in the corners.

I don't expect a wholesale call up. I expect less than six.

The more called up, the more expense for the Sox and more tinkering.

soxtalker
09-01-2003, 04:57 PM
The Sox have been making statements that indicate that they want to support their farm teams in their playoff runs (e.g., when they sent Cotts down). Of course, the ML team has priority, but I think that they could wait until they need a player or two. Most likely, that will be in pitching -- maybe a 5th starter. Can't we just wait until a day or two before the start date to call up someone like Rauch?

duke of dorwood
09-01-2003, 05:03 PM
:jerry

Gimme more, Gimme more

More toys to tinker with

RKMeibalane
09-01-2003, 05:30 PM
I have the feeling the Sox won't call up anyone unless they honestly believe that player can help the club. Besdies, we all know what will happen if Manuel has more players on his roster...

:jerry

*TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER*

jabrch
09-01-2003, 06:47 PM

is that a bad idea

No, we already have a very deep bench. We have lots of guys who can play. We also don't have anyone in the minors who we really could use to bolster the team right now, and I dont want to screw around with too many rookies when we have a two game lead over Minn and KC. I like our team as it is. Maybe bring in another RP to make sure we don't overuse our pen, but lately our starters have been so good that our pen is being underused...

I say stick with what we have. I like this lineup.