PDA

View Full Version : Tim Hummel....

MHOUSE
09-01-2003, 02:38 PM
...just jacked his first big league homerun against the Brewers on Monday. He's looked pretty good getting a chance to play in Cinncinnati. I hope we resign Sullivan who has done well for us and make this an even trade. Hummel might be a good player and giving him up to rent Sully for a couple months would seem like a lot.

Daver
09-01-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
...just jacked his first big league homerun against the Brewers on Monday. He's looked pretty good getting a chance to play in Cinncinnati. I hope we resign Sullivan who has done well for us and make this an even trade. Hummel might be a good player and giving him up to rent Sully for a couple months would seem like a lot.

The Sox hold an option for Sullivan's services for next season.

SoxFanDan
09-01-2003, 02:53 PM
i just saw hummel get a single, solid swing

faneidde
09-01-2003, 03:11 PM
Hummel was 0-5 with 4 K the other night.

Vsahajpal
09-01-2003, 04:47 PM
Didn't like this trade, I'm a big fan of Tim Hummel. The option is for $3.1 million, considering there isn't a whole lot of money tied up in the rotation, maybe they'll bite. If not, they can buy out for $250 K.

OEO Magglio
09-01-2003, 05:20 PM
It was a good trade no matter what happens with hummel, the sox needed to get another solid righty in the pen, and thats exactly what sully is, I wish hummel the best of luck, but there is no way this was a bad trade.

hose
09-01-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
Didn't like this trade, I'm a big fan of Tim Hummel. The option is for $3.1 million, considering there isn't a whole lot of money tied up in the rotation, maybe they'll bite. If not, they can buy out for $250 K.

I'll take Sully for Hummel any day of the week.

Sully fills a huge right handed void in the bull pen.

jabrch
09-01-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by hose
I'll take Sully for Hummel any day of the week.

Sully fills a huge right handed void in the bull pen.

7 days a week and twice on Sunday, I'd take Sullivan. I have no interest in playing for anything other than this year right now. Sullivan was a great addition. Hummell may be good, he may be the next in a long series of failed Sox prospects. But we know Sullivan is a good right handed reliever for us down the stretch and possibly into next year.