PDA

View Full Version : Detroit trip recap & question

soxwon
09-01-2003, 01:42 PM
i spent 2 great days in Detroit, there were more sox fans there than tiger fans, it was awesome, the park is great, i had seats 2 rows behind the Sox dugout, and i sat with Sox fans, it was like being at home!
there was one group who included a woman who works in the sox bullpen bar. everyone had a bitr to drink, but there were no problems with any fans.
i have a question- in the sunday game, the sox threw out a tiger at 2nd, then with a 2 and 2 count on the next batter Olivo called the Sox off the field, the umpire talked to Trammel and the grounds crew came out, to clean the infield. Then the Sox came back on the field and Loiza threw a strike, ringing up the Tiger hitter.
What happened that the Sox left the field, it was bizarre?
if you get the chance to go to Detroit next year do it.
its a 45 minute flight, and about a 4 hour drive.
see ya all at the Bosox Sweep.(we sweep them)

TornLabrum
09-01-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by soxwon
i spent 2 great days in Detroit, there were more sox fans there than tiger fans, it was awesome, the park is great, i had seats 2 rows behind the Sox dugout, and i sat with Sox fans, it was like being at home!
there was one group who included a woman who works in the sox bullpen bar. everyone had a bitr to drink, but there were no problems with any fans.
i have a question- in the sunday game, the sox threw out a tiger at 2nd, then with a 2 and 2 count on the next batter Olivo called the Sox off the field, the umpire talked to Trammel and the grounds crew came out, to clean the infield. Then the Sox came back on the field and Loiza threw a strike, ringing up the Tiger hitter.
What happened that the Sox left the field, it was bizarre?
if you get the chance to go to Detroit next year do it.
its a 45 minute flight, and about a 4 hour drive.
see ya all at the Bosox Sweep.(we sweep them)

The plate umpire called up to the press box that he had the count confused. He thought the batter had two strikes on him, so he thought it was a strike 'im out, throw 'im out DP. The runner should have been out on the interference call, so he got that part right.

Huisj
09-01-2003, 05:10 PM
I drove down from lansing with my family for the saturday game. I was impressed, that's a real nice stadium. We got there early when the gates opened, and went out to left during BP. Didn't get any balls, but it was fun, the whole area was all sox fans out there when the sox were hitting. I had a Winston-Salem Warthogs shirt on, and a number of sox fans waved to me when i was walking around the stadium afterwards, it was great to have that many sox fans there!

If the tigers ever get good, that stadium would be electric if they got big crowds. It was a real nice place to watch a game. I'll go back next year for sure when the sox are there.

soxtalker
09-01-2003, 05:23 PM
Any thoughts on why the Sox play so badly there? Is it because it is such a big park, and we depend so heavily on the HR?

Max Power
09-01-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by soxtalker
Any thoughts on why the Sox play so badly there? Is it because it is such a big park, and we depend so heavily on the HR?

They've brought the fences in since it opened. I'm not sure how big of a park it is these days. So why do the Sox play poorly there? Good question.

luvsox56
09-01-2003, 09:24 PM
I also drove there for the Saturday game with my friend and father. I was glad to see soooo many Sox fans there. It was a lot of fun. I am looking forward to going to KC for the last series!

tacosalbarojas
09-01-2003, 09:40 PM
I got my tickets this weekend for the games that last weekend in KC. Anyone else on here going?