PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming pitching situation........I like it!


Jurr
09-01-2003, 01:09 PM
Check this out...sound extremely promising! You want to throw your best at the Twinks!

"Colon and Buehrle will start Tuesday and Wednesday respectively against the Red Sox before an off day on Thursday. The way the schedule plays out, the Sox wouldn't need a No. 5 starter until Sept. 9.

But if they find somebody to start Sunday's home game against the Cleveland Indians instead, Manuel then can use Colon, Buehrle, Garland and Loaiza consecutively in a four-game home series against the Minnesota Twins Sept. 8-11. All four would start with at least four days' rest."

They go on to talk about using Danny Wright or Jon Rauch against the Indians for one game to make sure the big guns can pitch the Twins series. Awesome idea. And, oh my God, it was Jerry's??????????

SoxFanDan
09-01-2003, 01:18 PM
this positive jerry stuff is not for this board, please stop!!!!!!!!

:)

joecrede
09-01-2003, 01:55 PM
If Pedro stays on his every 5th day schedule, he will pitch v. the Orioles the day before the Sox start their series in Fenway.

OEO Magglio
09-01-2003, 05:07 PM
If Pedro stays on his every 5th day schedule, he will pitch v. the Orioles the day before the Sox start their series in Fenway.
That would be very nice if the sox could avoid pedro in both series.

Nick@Nite
09-01-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
That would be very nice if the sox could avoid pedro in both series.

It's doubtful we will face Pedro. His laryngitis will keep him from pitching. Btw, Manny has laryngitis too. When the BoSox arrive in Chicago today, someone can show them around to some hot-spots, to ensure they get a real good case of laryngitis.

jabrch
09-02-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Jurr
But if they find somebody to start Sunday's home game against the Cleveland Indians instead, Manuel then can use Colon, Buehrle, Garland and Loaiza consecutively in a four-game home series against the Minnesota Twins Sept. 8-11. All four would start with at least four days' rest."

They go on to talk about using Danny Wright or Jon Rauch against the Indians for one game to make sure the big guns can pitch the Twins series. Awesome idea. And, oh my God, it was Jerry's??????????

NO NO NO...

Don't juggle around and throw a 5th starter in there and sacrifice a game vs Cleveland. WIN THE GAME vs Cleveland and then go to Minnesota. I will be pissed royally if we put out a 5th starter until we need one, or if we have any single game with more than one lineup change in it.

PLEASE go with what is going good...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

PaleHoseGeorge
09-02-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
NO NO NO...

Don't juggle around and throw a 5th starter in there and sacrifice a game vs Cleveland. WIN THE GAME vs Cleveland and then go to Minnesota. I will be pissed royally if we put out a 5th starter until we need one, or if we have any single game with more than one lineup change in it.

PLEASE go with what is going good...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

I agree. We're in first place. The only thing important right now is WINNING. Nobody can catch us as long as we keep winning.

The only team right now I would even consider juggling the rotation to beat is second-place Kansas City. However, I wouldn't start a #5 unless absolutely necessary. This pennant race is all about piling up wins, and our Sox have the inside track to the finish line.

:bandance:

:jerry
"Not if I can help it, of course..."

DonkeyKongerko
09-02-2003, 01:37 PM
Hey if Mike Porzio can beat Cleveland, anything is possible!

Iwritecode
09-02-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
NO NO NO...

Don't juggle around and throw a 5th starter in there and sacrifice a game vs Cleveland. WIN THE GAME vs Cleveland and then go to Minnesota. I will be pissed royally if we put out a 5th starter until we need one, or if we have any single game with more than one lineup change in it.

PLEASE go with what is going good...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

That's just the thing, they are going to need a fifth starter on the 9th if they DON'T change the lineup. It's almost like the NY/Burly deal. Who would you rather have our fifth starter (whoever it may be) face, Cleveland or Minny?

I'm betting Manuel won't decide until after the second game of the Cleveland series... (notice lack of teal)