PDA

View Full Version : Why all the trade talk

Paulwny
08-26-2001, 08:57 PM
With all the friendlyness on the board I'm afraid to post this.

This team can't score runs, we don't know what type of Frank will return next year, you don't trade either Lee or Konerko. If anything, we have a **** load of pitchers in the minors, package them with some non core players and see what you can obtain.

FarWestChicago
08-26-2001, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

This team can't score runs, we don't know what type of Frank will return next year, you don't trade either Lee or Konerko. If anything, we have a **** load of pitchers in the minors, package them with some non core players and see what you can obtain.

A couple guys got wound up this morning about trading Caballo. As you point out, we don't have a whole lot of offense at this point. In fact, your whole post makes a lot of sense.

LongDistanceFan
08-26-2001, 09:00 PM

plus the OF will be packed as well. I have confidence that frankie will be back in good form, i also believe that borchard and almonte will be ready. In addition to crede and rowand. Here is a great chance to free up some space and possibly getting a prospect or 2.

Jerry_Manuel
08-26-2001, 09:02 PM

Ok lets say we get "bad" Frank next year. What are we going to do bench him, trade him?

Daver
08-26-2001, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago

A couple guys got wound up this morning about trading Caballo. As you point out, we don't have a whole lot of offense at this point. In fact, your whole post makes a lot of sense.

All I tried to do was point out that Lee brings the best trade value while hurting the team the least with his loss,and there really is no place to play him in 2003.

FarWestChicago
08-26-2001, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by daver

All I tried to do was point out that Lee brings the best trade value while hurting the team the least with his loss,and there really is no place to play him in 2003.

MaggPipes and Nuke got wound up. You just went along for the ride, LOL!

LongDistanceFan
08-26-2001, 09:04 PM

All I tried to do was point out that Lee brings the best trade value while hurting the team the least with his loss,and there really is no place to play him in 2003. i agree

LongDistanceFan
08-26-2001, 09:05 PM

MaggPipes and Nuke got wound up. You just went along for the ride, LOL! i been for trading lee and durham since last yr.. .....

ok let the flames begin

FarWestChicago
08-26-2001, 09:06 PM
:fans

Don't trade Caballo! He's our Horse!

FarWestChicago
08-26-2001, 09:07 PM
:ohno

Nice play, Ray! Trade him!

LongDistanceFan
08-26-2001, 09:08 PM
:fans

Don't trade Caballo! He's our Horse! ok i will stop this on my side, till another day. k

Paulwny
08-26-2001, 09:09 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Ok lets say we get "bad" Frank next year. What are we going to do bench him, trade him? [/QUO

We live with it as we did a few years ago but at least by keeping Lee and Konerko you still have the long ball threat.

Daver
08-26-2001, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Ok lets say we get "bad" Frank next year. What are we going to do bench him, trade him?

That is assuming there is baseball next year Jerry,I am thinking in terms of 2003.

Jerry_Manuel
08-26-2001, 09:13 PM
That is assuming there is baseball next year Jerry,I am thinking in terms of 2003.

That might be true but I hope it's not.

oldcomiskey
08-26-2001, 09:14 PM
I dont even want to think about the bad Frank----but lets be fair--in every year hes been down he has had personal problems--its hard enough to hit---but its almost impossible to do when your mind is elsewhere

LongDistanceFan
08-26-2001, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

That might be true but I hope it's not. if people were getting on each others today, can you imagine when there is no ball???????? whew i will hate to be here then.

LongDistanceFan
08-26-2001, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
its hard enough to hit---but its almost impossible to do when your mind is elsewhere yeah that is for sure, like when u r at ur in-laws and knowing that the sox game is on tv.