PDA

View Full Version : Barry Bonds Hospitalized

Viva Magglio
08-31-2003, 10:03 PM
Barry Bonds has been hospitalized (http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/story/6606997).

MRKARNO
08-31-2003, 10:31 PM
He's supposed to be back playing tomorrow. I really think the death of his father has affected him a ton and maybe he needs a bit more time off

hose
09-01-2003, 10:10 AM
Keep a defibrillator around just in case.

Supraventricular tachycardia :There are many forms of SVT, but all usually cause a burst of rapid heartbeats that begin and end suddenly and can last from seconds to days. These often start when electrical impulse from a premature heartbeat begins to circle repeatedly throughout the atria. These impulses cause ventricles to contract , creating heartbeats that occur in place of your regular heartbeat. SVT may cause your heart to beat 140 to 200 times a minute.

These various SVT's are called the silent killer , because usually normally healthy hearts have an electrical problem that causes an unforeseen death.

Young, healthy, strong as an ox athletic men with no plaque blocking the arteries or high blood pressure, keel over and die.

kermittheefrog
09-01-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
He's supposed to be back playing tomorrow. I really think the death of his father has affected him a ton and maybe he needs a bit more time off

Of course it affected him a ton but he did take Randy Johnson deep in his first game back.

voodoochile
09-01-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Of course it affected him a ton but he did take Randy Johnson deep in his first game back.

Having lost a father who I was very close to, I can say that this does not surprise me. Bonds is in for a very rough time. I wish him well and hope he can recover quickly from the physical problems that currently bother him.

MRKARNO
09-01-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

While it might not appear to have affected his overall play, his overall health was affected a lot.

TornLabrum
09-01-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Having lost a father who I was very close to, I can say that this does not surprise me. Bonds is in for a very rough time. I wish him well and hope he can recover quickly from the physical problems that currently bother him.

I lost my dad a little over 8 years ago. It was sudden (accidental fall), but it took a lot out of me for weeks afterwards. I can't imagine what Barry Bonds is going through with all the months of illness preceding his father's death.