PDA

View Full Version : Plan Ahead...Sox on ESPN Wednesday

Medford Bobby
08-31-2003, 07:58 PM
Checkin out the ESPN site has Sox and Boston on at 7:00 Eastern time...... :smile: .great for all us out of towner's!!!!!!!!!!! :?: Also there is an ESPN classic Monday afternoon from Oct. 3, 1990...Not much of a game since the Sox had just closed Old Comiskey Park a few days earlier............Now why not show that game so I could you use a good :whiner: cry?

And I'm lookin forward :smile: to seeing the 1983 Uni's on WGN TV next Sunday.........Can we get Fisk and Luzinski for a quick at Bat???? :smile:

:gulp: :hurt "Can you say-"YES"!! to"50" Home runs for 2003"????? :o:

MRKARNO
08-31-2003, 08:00 PM
The 83 unis will be worn at the saturday afternoon game on FOX at 12:15 PM.

Medford Bobby
08-31-2003, 08:03 PM
Yea I know, they will wear them all three days with the Tribe, but us out of Chicago viewers can watch and wonder.......... :smile:

MRKARNO
08-31-2003, 08:09 PM
I was under the impression that it was only for the saturday game that they were wearing these unis, but I could be wrong...

anewman35
08-31-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
I was under the impression that it was only for the saturday game that they were wearing these unis, but I could be wrong...

Well, they call it "1983 Reunion Weekend", but there's also no mention of it for the Sunday game on the promotion page. So who knows...

MetalliSox
08-31-2003, 09:39 PM
How the question is, With Colon starting on Tuesday, does Buehrle start on Wed or Wright/5th starter?

Buehrle didn't last very long in his last outing so he should go, but we know Jer.

:jerry
Well since, uh, since I gave Mark an...uh...and extra day off last week, I seemed to mess up his rhythm a bit. So, uh, what we as a staff intend to do is push...uh...push Mark back another day again to offset....uh...to offset the bad rhythm and...uh...and back to the good.

fquaye149
08-31-2003, 09:53 PM
aren't we 0 for the season in espn games?

MRKARNO
08-31-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by fquaye149
aren't we 0 for the season in espn games?

Considering a lot of playoff games are on espn, I think we need to break the "curse" here.

rmusacch
08-31-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Medford Bobby
Checkin out the ESPN site has Sox and Boston on at 7:00 Eastern time...... :smile: .great for all us out of towner's!!!!!!!!!!! :?: Also there is an ESPN classic Monday afternoon from Oct. 3, 1990...Not much of a game since the Sox had just closed Old Comiskey Park a few days earlier............Now why not show that game so I could you use a good :whiner: cry?

And I'm lookin forward :smile: to seeing the 1983 Uni's on WGN TV next Sunday.........Can we get Fisk and Luzinski for a quick at Bat???? :smile:

:gulp: :hurt "Can you say-"YES"!! to"50" Home runs for 2003"????? :o:

I want one of the 1983 jerseys so bad.

MRKARNO
08-31-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
I want one of the 1983 jerseys so bad.

They should make a name and number tee shirt based off of those 83 jerseys because I would never spend $150 on that. ANd I also dont have any jerseys because you never know if the player's gonna stay, but I'd get a maggs jersey if we signed him for a long term contract

Lip Man 1
08-31-2003, 10:54 PM
The Sox have won at least two games that were on ESPN versus the Angels and the Royals.

Lip

Thunderstruck30
09-01-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
The Sox have won at least two games that were on ESPN versus the Angels and the Royals.

Lip

The Friday game at Wrigley was also on ESPN. That was the 12-3 blowout when Estes gave up 6 runs on 52 1st inning pitches. That was also the game that turned this season around since it woke up the offense.

Medford Bobby
09-01-2003, 01:47 AM
Listning to the internet feed of the Sox game I could have sworn I heard Ed Farmer promoting the games and saying the entire 3 game set would be played with the 1983 uni's on......I have a nice cap from that era I found a couple years back at a sale for almost nothing, maybe I'll get it out of storage and wear it this weekend!!!!!!!!!!! :smile:

:R&R :WU " :gulp: "All we need is Joe McConnell calling the games".............." :whiner:

MRKARNO
09-01-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Medford Bobby
Listning to the internet feed of the Sox game I could have sworn I heard Ed Farmer promoting the games and saying the entire 3 game set would be played with the 1983 uni's on

Well it would be really cool if they did, but only saturday is guaranteed from my perspective

harwar
09-01-2003, 01:25 PM
I noticed that the White Sox are starting to get respect from around the league and even espn has been joining in lately,with comments like they will be very tough to beat if they make it into the playoffs.