PDA

View Full Version : Bad news................

Jurr
08-31-2003, 01:02 AM
Uh oh, Sox fans. It's slowly but surely crawling into September, and WE'RE IN FIRST PLACE! This totally screws up the whole football season! Who can focus on it? Do we dare to dream?
After all of the BS we've been through this year, the overall prognosis of the situation is this:
If this team gets to the postseason (please, God) and gets the least bit hot, we could go a looooong way. This would clearly screw up the whole first half of the NFL season for all of us.
We've got one month of nailbiting to go.
Yes, this team should have wrapped this thing up already, but it's okay. I have said all along that winning the division by two games is a lot better than cruising with a 10 game lead. The focus is there, and your team is more battle ready going into the postseason.
If we're up or down by two games going into the KC series, it's like the postseason begins early, and that's definitely not a bad thing. It's going to be an Alka Seltzer September for us, guaranteed.

FarWestChicago
08-31-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Jurr
This would clearly screw up the whole first half of the NFL season for all of us.Well, if they are the Bank One and Seven Bears by the half way point, they will have taken care of that without the Sox. :o:

voodoochile
08-31-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Well, if they are the Bank One and Seven Bears by the half way point, they will have taken care of that without the Sox. :o:

I get the impression that I am going to be mighty sick of the Bank One and something Bears jokes long before the end of the season, but the problem is that I don't know when they will get the one...

FarWestChicago
08-31-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I get the impression that I am going to be mighty sick of the Bank One and something Bears jokes long before the end of the season, but the problem is that I don't know when they will get the one... That was my obligatory one. I seriously hope they can sneak up on somebody so the joke works...and we are not subjected to the ultimate embarrassment. :(:

Daver
08-31-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
That was my obligatory one. I seriously hope they can sneak up on somebody so the joke works...and we are not subjected to the ultimate embarrassment. :(:

Shouldn't this Bears talk be in the Parking Lot?

:)

voodoochile
08-31-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Daver

West, You out rank him right? Can you ban this ViQueen troll? :D:

WinningUgly!
I get the impression that I am going to be mighty sick of the Bank One and something Bears jokes long before the end of the season, but the problem is that I don't know when they will get the one...
Their 1st realistic shot at a win is Oct 26 vs. Detroit.
No guarantees from me, though.

FarWestChicago

:) Well, I kind of hijacked Jurr's thread. I couldn't move it on him when it was my fault. :D:

FarWestChicago
08-31-2003, 01:38 AM
West, You out rank him right? Can you ban this ViQueen troll? :D: I'm keeping an eye on him... :cool:

longshot7
08-31-2003, 01:39 AM
football season doesn't start until after the World Series anyway.

Paulwny
08-31-2003, 01:43 AM

Another great call by Daver !!!!
ALL SOX FANS ARE NOT BEARS FANS GOOOOOO BILLS !!!!!

Lip Man 1
08-31-2003, 02:45 AM
This is how bad the Bears are going to be.....

They'll be eliminated from the post season before the Sox are.

Lip

Nick@Nite
08-31-2003, 09:32 AM
... Bears? They're still in the league?

MRKARNO
08-31-2003, 10:14 AM
The only mention of Bank one I want to hear is that the sox are playing in late october in the Bank one ballpark against the wild card winners and NL champions Arizona Diamondbacks in the world series

Of course none of this happened yet

harwar
08-31-2003, 12:49 PM
For me there is no conflict at all.I live and breath baseball.Football & hockey are way back there in second.Anyway the bears will be damn lucky to win 6 games this year so who cares.