PDA

View Full Version : BannisterE6


PaleHoseGeorge
08-30-2003, 11:10 PM
Okay, that's funny. As user names go, I put that one right up there with Alan Aqua.

Anita Quencher and Li'l Thirsty are still available, BTW. :smile:

MRKARNO
08-30-2003, 11:51 PM
What about J. T. Money

A.T. Money
08-31-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
What about J. T. Money

It's A.T. Money.

TornLabrum
08-31-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
It's A.T. Money.

J.T. Money was name they originally planned until someone pointed out that there weren't any JTM machines in the Chicago area yet. I hear they're all the rage in California, though.

MisterB
08-31-2003, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Okay, that's funny. As user names go, I put that one right up there with Alan Aqua.

Anita Quencher and Li'l Thirsty are still available, BTW. :smile:

I know I haven't been here as long as a lot of you, so forgive me for asking, but...what's so funny about the user name 'Alan Aqua'?
I've seen it referred to several times around here, but I just don't get it. :?:

PaleHoseGeorge
08-31-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by MisterB
I know I haven't been here as long as a lot of you, so forgive me for asking, but...what's so funny about the user name 'Alan Aqua'?
I've seen it referred to several times around here, but I just don't get it. :?:

Alan Aqua was one of the three bottles in the Sparkling Spring Water Race held between innings at New Comiskey. Anita Quencher and Li'l Thirsty were the other two. It ran for 4-5 years, IIRC.

Ice Mountain (Nestle) bought Sparkling Spring last year and "mysteriously" the brand disappeared, along with Sparkling Spring's water delivery service and the water race at the Cell. Of course I only drink Alpine Valley Water. (That's another joke even more obscure than the first--so don't worry about it.) :smile:

Nick@Nite
08-31-2003, 10:12 AM
It took some research (and strong coffee this morning) to remember Alan Bannister at SS.

That was a wonderful summer, 1977. What I remember most from that baseball year was wondering how Ralph Garr could hit from that quirky left handed stance. He was always up in the batters box, toward the pitchers mound, trying to hit the curve before it broke(?)...

Every time I came home after terrorizing the neighborhood (I was 12-yrs old), my Pops would usually be snoozing on the couch (he liked baseball, but wasn't a die-hard... he also never gave the Cubs a second thought! :smile: ). The TV always had the Sox on (cable tv, channel 44, I think) and Ralph Garr always seemed to be batting at that very moment... ah the memories.

TornLabrum
08-31-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Alan Aqua was one of the three bottles in the Sparkling Spring Water Race held between innings at New Comiskey. Anita Quencher and Li'l Thirsty were the other two. It ran for 4-5 years, IIRC.

Ice Mountain (Nestle) bought Sparkling Spring last year and "mysteriously" the brand disappeared, along with Sparkling Spring's water delivery service and the water race at the Cell. Of course I only drink Alpine Valley Water. (That's another joke even more obscure than the first--so don't worry about it.) :smile:

I get the Alpine Valley reference!

BTW, Anita Quencher was HOT!

Dadawg_77
08-31-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
I get the Alpine Valley reference!

BTW, Anita Quencher was HOT!

Torn, I love the columns but you need to get out more often.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-31-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Torn, I love the columns but you need to get out more often.

Oh come on, Dawg! You *know* Anita Quencher's full lips were inspired by Angela Jolie's! Any (married) Sox Fan could figure that out instantly! What the hell else is there to do between innings?

:)

MisterB
08-31-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Alan Aqua was one of the three bottles in the Sparkling Spring Water Race held between innings at New Comiskey. Anita Quencher and Li'l Thirsty were the other two. It ran for 4-5 years, IIRC.

Ice Mountain (Nestle) bought Sparkling Spring last year and "mysteriously" the brand disappeared, along with Sparkling Spring's water delivery service and the water race at the Cell. Of course I only drink Alpine Valley Water. (That's another joke even more obscure than the first--so don't worry about it.) :smile:

ahhhhh...thanks or the explanation. You learn something new every day at WSI. :D: