PDA

View Full Version : How about Lee for a young SS or 2B?

Dadawg_77
08-26-2001, 06:35 PM
If we trade Carlos those we be the two areas the Sox should get some for. How good SS will be on the Market? Maybe Lee to the Mets for Ordonez? He won't bring much more to the plate then Gump Clayton, but throw the best leather at SS in the majors. Maybe Sanchez or Furcal from the Braves?

Anyone has any other ideas on who would be a good SS to pick up?

Jerry_Manuel
08-26-2001, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Maybe Lee to the Mets for Ordonez? He won't bring much more to the plate then Gump Clayton, but throw the best leather at SS in the majors.

Either my eyes are playing tricks on me or you said to trade Carlos Lee for Ray Ordonez. I'm happy with Jose Valentin at short stop for now.

Daver
08-26-2001, 06:45 PM
Um A-Rod,Jeter or Garciaparra would all look good in a Sox uni.

Bmr31
08-26-2001, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
If we trade Carlos those we be the two areas the Sox should get some for. How good SS will be on the Market? Maybe Lee to the Mets for Ordonez? He won't bring much more to the plate then Gump Clayton, but throw the best leather at SS in the majors. Maybe Sanchez or Furcal from the Braves?

now that is a good idea, but we need to get equal value. Teams arent gonna be willing to deal good SS, theyre hard to find.

oldcomiskey
08-26-2001, 07:11 PM
but Payrod, Jeter and Nomar make MONEY too... Id be just as happy with Manos there...YOU DO NOT TRADE C LEE PERIOD

Daver
08-26-2001, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
but Payrod, Jeter and Nomar make MONEY too... Id be just as happy with Manos there...YOU DO NOT TRADE C LEE PERIOD

Where does he play?

He is brutal in left,so it makes sense to replace him there with Rowand,if Borchard makes the team he will play center,and Maggs will be in right with Singleton as the 4th outfeilder.

FarWestChicago
08-26-2001, 07:21 PM
He is brutal in left,so it makes sense to replace him there with Rowand

In the late innings. I also don't think he could do worse than Konerko at first if necessary. Plus, Caballo isn't the slowest man in baseball like Walnuts. If one of them has to go, it's Paulie. He's hot right now so people are forgetting his frequent month long slumps. Caballo is a more consistent hitter.

doublem23
08-26-2001, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Either my eyes are playing tricks on me or you said to trade Carlos Lee for Ray Ordonez. I'm happy with Jose Valentin at short stop for now.

Unfortunately, :hitless is our shortstop. But that's a whole different thread...

Jerry_Manuel
08-26-2001, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Unfortunately, :hitless is our shortstop. But that's a whole different thread...

Yeah but sooner rather then later Jose will be back at SS.

doublem23
08-26-2001, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Yeah but sooner rather then later Jose will be back at SS.

:KW
Not if I have my way.

Daver
08-26-2001, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago

If one of them has to go, it's Paulie. He's hot right now so people are forgetting his frequent month long slumps.

Are forgetting the fact that Carlos has been in one of those slumps for close to a month himself?

Mr.Adventure at first could be fun to watch though.

Lee brings more trade value than Konerko all day long though.

Jerry_Manuel
08-26-2001, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by daver
Lee brings more trade value than Konerko all day long though.

Daver do you trust Williams to get a good deal for Carlos Lee?

Daver
08-26-2001, 07:48 PM
Yes I do.Kenny is not as bad as most people here would like to believe.

Bmr31
08-26-2001, 08:05 PM
Yes I do.Kenny is not as bad as most people here would like to believe.

I dont think KW is that bad. However, Jerry Manuel needs to go....

Daver
08-26-2001, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31

Based on what?

Bmr31
08-26-2001, 08:10 PM

Based on what?

Hes a horrible manager who doesnt have a hold of his team. Hes a poor leader, poor decision maker.

Paulwny
08-26-2001, 08:11 PM
Um A-Rod,Jeter or Garciaparra would all look good in a Sox uni.

With the $$$ they make, JR doesn't think they'd look good in a sox uni.

Daver
08-26-2001, 08:16 PM

Hes a horrible manager who doesnt have a hold of his team. Hes a poor leader, poor decision maker.

With the job he has done to get this team to .500 with all the injuries they have had and continue to have(Biddle is a prime example)I think he has earned the right to stay.

Bmr31
08-26-2001, 08:27 PM

With the job he has done to get this team to .500 with all the injuries they have had and continue to have(Biddle is a prime example)I think he has earned the right to stay.

The players got us to .500. Jerry is a poor leader.

oldcomiskey
08-26-2001, 08:27 PM

because he put that loser Keith Foulke in the closers role over the great Bob Howry

Bmr31
08-26-2001, 08:28 PM

because he put that loser Keith Foulke in the closers role over the great Bob Howry

Hey OC your anger is getting really old. I never said keith wasnt a great pitcher and i never said id rather have howry closing. Stop making things up and stop calling people names.

Daver
08-26-2001, 08:33 PM

The players got us to .500. Jerry is a poor leader.

Hey Bmr,can we agree to disagree on this one or do you want to drag it out?

Bmr31
08-26-2001, 08:35 PM

Hey Bmr,can we agree to disagree on this one or do you want to drag it out?

if i remember correctly, i made a statement, you asked a question, and i answered it. WHo wants to drag it out?

Paulwny
08-26-2001, 08:38 PM
If everyones healthy next year it'll be a true test of JM's ability. Too many injuries this year to properly evaluate him.

oldcomiskey
08-26-2001, 08:41 PM

Hey OC your anger is getting really old. I never said keith wasnt a great pitcher and i never said id rather have howry closing. Stop making things up and stop calling people names.
Have you got a guilty conscience---where did I call you any names..and where did I specifically mention you

Bmr31
08-26-2001, 08:45 PM

Have you got a guilty conscience---where did I call you any names..and where did I specifically mention you

i dont think i need to pull out the post. You know what you did.

oldcomiskey
08-26-2001, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
If everyones healthy next year it'll be a true test of JM's ability. Too many injuries this year to properly evaluate him.
BMR between our argument does have a good point about Manuel. I believe that JM is a solid manager within his realm--in other words when it comes to everybody being healthy hes a good motivator---but I tend to think the offense got lazy until Ward appeared--this is too good a team to be fighting the 500 mark and thats what I blame on Jerry.. the insistance of playing Clayton--the apparent demotion of Lowe again--the agony of watching Howry and Embree every day....so its a toss up--lets wait until 2002 to pass judgement

LongDistanceFan
08-26-2001, 08:54 PM

BMR between our argument does have a good point about Manuel. I believe that JM is a solid manager within his realm--in other words when it comes to everybody being healthy hes a good motivator---but I tend to think the offense got lazy until Ward appeared--this is too good a team to be fighting the 500 mark and thats what I blame on Jerry.. the insistance of playing Clayton--the apparent demotion of Lowe again--the agony of watching Howry and Embree every day....so its a toss up--lets wait until 2002 to pass judgement

i hate to change the subject but Do you think reds or the pradres or gaints would want a lee?

oldcomiskey
08-26-2001, 09:08 PM
depends on what we get in return--Im sure alot of team are interested in C LEE---especially SD with Fwynn retiring--but Ill tell you this--we had damn well better get something in return because Borchard aint ready---

LongDistanceFan
08-26-2001, 09:10 PM
depends on what we get in return--Im sure alot of team are interested in C LEE---especially SD with Fwynn retiring--but Ill tell you this--we had damn well better get something in return because Borchard aint ready--- and i really love the prospects that SD have............. wow, we can fixed the "if" fast.

LongDistanceFan
08-26-2001, 09:11 PM
depends on what we get in return--Im sure alot of team are interested in C LEE---especially SD with Fwynn retiring--but Ill tell you this--we had damn well better get something in return because Borchard aint ready--- i think that borchard will show in the fall that he will be ready.............. IMO

Pete Ward
08-27-2001, 08:31 AM
I dont think your going to see Borchard added in Sept.

If he comes up he moves to the 40 man roster. If there is a strike in 2002, anyone on the 40 cannot play (period) even minors.

Does JR know something about a lock out?

harwar
08-27-2001, 10:36 AM
Trading C.Lee away would be insane.He reminds me of Manny Ramirez when he was young and finding his way at the plate and in the outfield.I remember him getting booed at times after a couple of years and they nearly gave up on him.Now hes' an RBI machine and his defense is much better.Look for Carlos to have a huge year in 2002 and beyond.

Paulwny
08-27-2001, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by harwar
Trading C.Lee away would be insane.He reminds me of Manny Ramirez when he was young and finding his way at the plate and in the outfield.I remember him getting booed at times after a couple of years and they nearly gave up on him.Now hes' an RBI machine and his defense is much better.Look for Carlos to have a huge year in 2002 and beyond.

I totally agree. We trade Lee and it'll end up like the Sosa trade. Once Lee acquires plate discipline he'll put up huge numbers.