PDA

View Full Version : Glad KC got rained out tonight


Bisco Stu
08-30-2003, 09:54 PM
That means they've played 3 less games than us now, and those backlog of games will put even more pressure on their depleted staff.

Was hoping the Twinkies would get rained out too, but looks like we'll have to root for them to lose.

Disgusting fact about us: 23% of the Tiggers wins have come against the Sox. If we sit home this October, we know why.

But we're going to do it, we're the most talented team in the division.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-30-2003, 09:57 PM
:jerry
"You know the team that wins this is the team that is the most rested. I intend to sleep all day on Monday!"

:ohno
"That's a refreshing change. You usually only sleep during the game."

Bisco Stu
08-30-2003, 10:03 PM
Don't forget Thursday, Mahatma!

Lip Man 1
08-30-2003, 11:39 PM
Just wondering....

Can the friggin Rangers beat ANYONE other then the White Sox??????????

They haven't won a GAME against either the Royals or Twins YET! (If I didn't know better I'd swear these SOB's are tanking games...)

Lip

A.T. Money
08-31-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Just wondering....

Can the friggin Rangers beat ANYONE other then the White Sox??????????

They haven't won a GAME against either the Royals or Twins YET! (If I didn't know better I'd swear these SOB's are tanking games...)

Lip

I was thinking the same thing. The Rangers are WORTHLESS!

Chisox353014
08-31-2003, 01:49 AM
KC makes up all 3 games in hand this coming week: the DH tomorrow, Labor Day while we're off, and a Thursday make-up game against Arizona while we're off. That should hammer their pitching staff pretty good. Of course, the way they've been pulling pitchers out of their rear end this year and having them succeed, we'll probably see Jim Parque and Oil Can Boyd pitching shutouts for them this week.

Oh yeah, before I forget: FU RANGERS!!!! Try winning a game once in a while!!

Lip Man 1
08-31-2003, 02:42 AM
Just my opinion but I get the feeling that if the Sox could EVER get a two game lead they'd run with it. The biggest lead they have had this year has been a single game.

I don't know if that's ever going to happen though. KC and Minnesota are not going to drop four straight...not against the dreks they are playing.

For better or for worse it's going to come down to the 14 games against the Royals and Twins. if the Sox win 9 or more they take the division. If they take 8 or less they don't.

At least they have their own destiny in their hands.

Lip

jabrch
08-31-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Just my opinion but I get the feeling that if the Sox could EVER get a two game lead they'd run with it. The biggest lead they have had this year has been a single game.

I don't know if that's ever going to happen though. KC and Minnesota are not going to drop four straight...not against the dreks they are playing.

For better or for worse it's going to come down to the 14 games against the Royals and Twins. if the Sox win 9 or more they take the division. If they take 8 or less they don't.

At least they have their own destiny in their hands.

Lip

make me twice as comfortable as I am with a 1 game lead. Unfortunately 2 X 0 is still 0. I am wholly uncomfortable right now. I will reserve comfort until after our upcoming serieses with both Minn and KC. If we can win both of those serieses and get a 3 - 5 game lead, I'll start to be comfortable...In the meanwhile, I am terrified - happy, proud, but terrified.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-31-2003, 12:31 PM
I remain focused on the loss column. Right now we're a game back of Kansas City and tied with Minnesota.

Until those teams play and lose those extra games, I'm sweating.

OEO Magglio
08-31-2003, 12:38 PM
Can the friggin Rangers beat ANYONE other then the White Sox??????????
Can the Tigers beat anyone besides the sox, the answer is no for both.

voodoochile
08-31-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I remain focused on the loss column. Right now we're a game back of Kansas City and tied with Minnesota.

Until those teams play and lose those extra games, I'm sweating.

For me it is the exact opposite. KC's schedule is really weird from here on out. They have a makeup date with Arizona and a DH with the Yankees (OUCH) in addition to their DH today with Annaheim.

Sox are in first, so the less games left on the schedule, the better.

jabrch
08-31-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
For me it is the exact opposite. KC's schedule is really weird from here on out. They have a makeup date with Arizona and a DH with the Yankees (OUCH) in addition to their DH today with Annaheim.

Sox are in first, so the less games left on the schedule, the better.

At the end of the season, we need to have BOTH more wins and fewer losses than our opposition. I like them having to cram more games into a short period of time. Their SP is so bad and patchworked that I like them having to go on less rest and to use more of their pen.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-31-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
At the end of the season, we need to have BOTH more wins and fewer losses than our opposition. I like them having to cram more games into a short period of time. Their SP is so bad and patchworked that I like them having to go on less rest and to use more of their pen.

I agree. In fact, Kansas City's bizarre schedule is the second-most important factor in determining the division champion.

The first and most important factor? Our superior talent to any team in the division. If our manager will stay out of the way, the Sox will win the crown. That's a big "if" of course. :(: