PDA

View Full Version : Sox Close To Another Deal?

Lip Man 1
08-30-2003, 12:24 AM
For what it's worth, from Phil Rogers story on the latest abortion in Detroit:

"Given that Cotts doesn't fit the immediate plan, it was strange that he remained on the 25-man roster for the opener of the Detroit series. That may be a sign general manager Ken Williams is close to a deal.

Sure hope Williams can trade for a friggin manager!

By the way Rogers is reporting that Cotts' days with the Sox are over, he's going back to the minor leagues.

Sure hope he can learn to throw a friggin strike once in awhile.

Lip

gosox41
08-30-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
For what it's worth, from Phil Rogers story on the latest abortion in Detroit:

"Given that Cotts doesn't fit the immediate plan, it was strange that he remained on the 25-man roster for the opener of the Detroit series. That may be a sign general manager Ken Williams is close to a deal.

Sure hope Williams can trade for a friggin manager!

By the way Rogers is reporting that Cotts' days with the Sox are over, he's going back to the minor leagues.

Sure hope he can learn to throw a friggin strike once in awhile.

Lip

I hope KW is close to making another deal because I don't like the laternative. My guess is the Sox kept Cotts on the roster so Jose Paniagua can get some more minor league innings under his belt before he's called up.

Bob

MRKARNO
08-30-2003, 08:47 AM
Lets hope that we get Livan Hernandez or a better SS

OEO Magglio
08-30-2003, 08:53 AM
It definitely won't be Livan Hernandez, the expos are one game out of the wild card, and in my opinion we have a pretty solid shortstop.

MRKARNO
08-30-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
It definitely won't be Livan Hernandez, the expos are one game out of the wild card, and in my opinion we have a pretty solid shortstop.

Well then could you argue that the white sox have all the pieces in place already? If you cant, then what do we need besides more bullpen help and another starter

OEO Magglio
08-30-2003, 09:17 AM
Well then could you argue that the white sox have all the pieces in place already? If you cant, then what do we need besides more bullpen help and another starter
I do think we have all the pieces necessary to win the al central, but I do think we could use another bullpen arm, and a 5th starter, but i really don't think that the offense needs to be messed with.

gogosoxgogo
08-30-2003, 01:11 PM
how bout one of them angels arms (donnely, shields or weber) :)

Soxboyrob
08-30-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO

The following link would suggest we don't need a better SS, unless you want one that hits better. He's currently number 1 in the AL in defensive Win Shares.

Current Defensive Win Shares (http://www.baseballgraphs.com/winshares/alwinfield.html)

dickallen15
08-30-2003, 07:47 PM
maybe KW can trade managers with somebody

OEO Magglio
08-30-2003, 08:20 PM
maybe KW can trade managers with somebody
I bet you Manuel would clear waivers. :D:

dickallen15
08-30-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
I bet you Manuel would clear waivers. :D:

I was thinking trading managers with the owner of a Taco Bell