PDA

View Full Version : Worthless


diehardjoe
08-29-2003, 10:18 PM
Guys,
How can this team even have close to a .500 record against the worst team in the history of the Major League Baseball? This team will go nowhere with the 'Worthless Jerry M.". Any other manager, I do not care who it is would be at least 5 games in the lead by now. This team will go nowhere even with this talent ,with this idiot managing. I'm am sick and tied of this B-S.

ChiSox7
08-29-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by diehardjoe
Guys,
How can this team even have close to a .500 record against the worst team in the history of the Major League Baseball? This team will go nowhere with the 'Worthless Jerry M.". Any other manager, I do not care who it is would be at least 5 games in the lead by now. This team will go nowhere even with this talent ,with this idiot managing. I'm am sick and tied of this B-S.

Rock on man. You're absolutely right. I mean, Manuel couldn't even throw the ball across the Frickin' plate. He should be sent to the minors. Then, when he came to bat, he couldn't bring in the runners with scoring position. FIRE MANUEL BECAUSE HE SUCKS AT DRIVING IN RUNS AND PITCHING WELL AGAINST BAD TEAMS!

soxrme
08-29-2003, 10:26 PM
What was with this lineup tonight? Doesn't Valentine hit better lefty? Do we not have a gun named Daubach? Did we have to let Mark in to give up 8 runs? Between yesterday and today anybody who defends JM is an absolute moron. :angry: :angry:

soxrme
08-29-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox7
Rock on man. You're absolutely right. I mean, Manuel couldn't even throw the ball across the Frickin' plate. He should be sent to the minors. Then, when he came to bat, he couldn't bring in the runners with scoring position. FIRE MANUEL BECAUSE HE SUCKS AT DRIVING IN RUNS AND PITCHING WELL AGAINST BAD TEAMS!
he should know when to take pitchers out, he should leave the damn lineup that has been scoring runs the same :angry: :angry:

ChiSox7
08-29-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by soxrme
he should know when to take pitchers out, he should leave the damn lineup that has been scoring runs the same :angry: :angry:

For one, you can't take Burly out 'early enough' because he gave them all up so quickly. Secondly, that is the best lineup against lefties, as Valentine CANT hit lefty pitchers (which you seem to have confused) and daubach sux this year.

voodoochile
08-29-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox7
Rock on man. You're absolutely right. I mean, Manuel couldn't even throw the ball across the Frickin' plate. He should be sent to the minors. Then, when he came to bat, he couldn't bring in the runners with scoring position. FIRE MANUEL BECAUSE HE SUCKS AT DRIVING IN RUNS AND PITCHING WELL AGAINST BAD TEAMS!

Is that what a manager is supposed to do? I thought he was supposed to find a way to mesh talent and make the most use of said talent and manage the bullpen and help players get better by helping them learn about their weaknesses and make a decision on what type of ball the team needs to speciailize in and motivate the players and find a way to win when it doesn't look possible. Above all, a manager is supposed to gain his players trust, support them to the media and otherwise stay out of their way.

Does Jerry do all of that well? Not even close...

soxrme
08-29-2003, 10:35 PM
Wasn't the pitcher a right hander? And weren't all the relievers right handers. Was I watching the game through a mirror. You do not change a successful lineuo, period. :angry:
You probably agreed to Jimimez playing third against the cubs in the 3rd game at the cell.

ChiSox7
08-29-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by soxrme
Wasn't the pitcher a right hander? And weren't all the relievers right handers. Was I watching the game through a mirror. You do not change a successful lineuo, period. :angry:
You probably agreed to Jimimez playing third against the cubs in the 3rd game at the cell.

Uh, Nate Robertson is a lefty

ChiSox7
08-29-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Is that what a manager is supposed to do? I thought he was supposed to find a way to mesh talent and make the most use of said talent and manage the bullpen and help players get better by helping them learn about their weaknesses and make a decision on what type of ball the team needs to speciailize in and motivate the players and find a way to win when it doesn't look possible. Above all, a manager is supposed to gain his players trust, support them to the media and otherwise stay out of their way.

Does Jerry do all of that well? Not even close...

I agree with you to a certain extent. But I'm sick and tired of people saying its the manager's - any managers - fault after every loss against a tough game. Bottom line is it's not. If it's a close game and he manages wrong, ok, but Burly sucked tonight and that is NOT Manuel's fault. And you should know best Voodoo, after EVERY loss there is somebody on here saying JM sux and he's a bad manager, and IM sick of it, because anybody who knows baseball knows thats just not true

soxrme
08-29-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox7
Uh, Nate Robertson is a lefty
Sorry, my mistake when I turned on the game a righty was in and I thought he was the starting pitcher. I still believe you do not change the lineup that is successful. When he puts Graffanino in he moves Carlos back, changes Alomar, and just changes the look of the whole lineup. This is wrong.