PDA

View Full Version : Update on Magglio?

LongLiveFisk
08-29-2003, 09:34 PM
I saw the play he made and I hope it was just a case of him maybe jamming a finger and the team wanting to immediately X-ray it and ice it. If they don't ice it right away, it probably blows up like a balloon. Hopefully it's not serious.

Has anyone gotten an update?

FJA
08-29-2003, 09:38 PM
hyper-extended left index finger ... day-to-day

Jurr
08-29-2003, 09:51 PM
Oh, thank God. I had a receiver in my internship hyperextend three fingers from a pass, and we got him out on the field in good shape in 4 days. And, my friends, those fingers were badly hurt. Lots of ice and PT will get him back on track..I was worried about a ligament tear. We dodged a big bullet.

adsit
08-29-2003, 09:56 PM
X-rays negative... he probably misses the rest of this series.

PHEW
big time...

Huisj
08-29-2003, 10:09 PM
crud. i'm going to the game tomorrow. guess i won't be seeing him play.

oh well, manuel probably would have rested him the next two days anyways.

MHOUSE
08-30-2003, 02:10 AM
I saw Manuel and the trainer trotting out and Maggs squatting and shaking his hand and I was like oh danggit there goes the season right there. He's been on fire and we NEED this guy to compete.

manuelsucks
08-30-2003, 12:02 PM
I think he'll be ok. He'll make it back after a few days of rest.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/photo/ph_coach_mugshot_manuel.jpg

"You mean I actually get to put someone in for a reason...I don't know what to do..."

Jurr
08-30-2003, 01:04 PM
If Aaron Rowand comes out and plays well in Magg's place, you can blame it on JERRY'S TINKERING during the season. He kept Rowand into the flow of things, and it may pay off.

WHarris13
08-30-2003, 01:07 PM
It was crucial having Maggs out last, every time Rowand came up there were men on base. And Rowand did nothing with them.

voodoochile
08-30-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Jurr
If Aaron Rowand comes out and plays well in Magg's place, you can blame it on JERRY'S TINKERING during the season. He kept Rowand into the flow of things, and it may pay off.

I guess Rowand isn't professional enough to perform when called upon regardless of the situation. He has to be coddled and given starts over more talented players if he is expected to succeed when someone else gets injured...