08-29-2003, 06:07 PM
fire this man

emaholic
08-29-2003, 06:16 PM
Yay, Maggs. 1-0 Sox.

Kick ass. I just got my birthday photograph in the mail from the Cell. :D:

Nick@Nite
08-29-2003, 06:16 PM
!-0 Sox... Alright Burly... please try to imagine your pitching against the Yankees.

SouthBendSox
08-29-2003, 06:18 PM
way to go Mags!!

i'm surprised he could swing, i mean.. JM hasnt rested him lately!!!

SouthBendSox
08-29-2003, 06:19 PM
1-1

emaholic
08-29-2003, 06:20 PM
Oh no, Maggs!
Hope he's okay. :(:

SouthBendSox
08-29-2003, 06:20 PM
what happened???

i just have internet :?: :?: :?:

RKMeibalane
08-29-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by emaholic
Oh no, Maggs!
Hope he's okay. :(:

What happened?

Foulke You
PLEASE BE OK MAGGS. P-L-E-A-S-E!

voodoochile
Maggs is leaving the game after damaging what appears to be the index finger on his left hand. He was trying a sliding catch in deep right field and did something to it.

Rowand is coming in. I assume Everertt is moving to RF.

Foulke You
08-29-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
What happened?

He hurt his left hand. Everett is moving over to RF, Rowand into CF. Farmer and Rooney seem to think he might have just bruised it because he was moving his fingers.

RKMeibalane
08-29-2003, 06:22 PM
I hope the injury isn't serious. The Sox can't afford to lose their best player at this point.

Bisco Stu
08-29-2003, 06:23 PM
and just as I saw that stat, Higgy ties the game.

Steve Bartman
Ordonez just left the game. It looks like he may have brocken a thumb. NO! :angry:

Nick@Nite
Originally posted by voodoochile
Maggs is leaving the game after damaging what appears to be the index finger on his left hand. He was trying a sliding catch in deep right field and did something to it.

Rowand is coming in. I assume Everertt is moving to RF.

Well... that's just great!

SouthBendSox
good gracious

gogosoxgogo
08-29-2003, 06:24 PM
crap, we can't lose MAggs. 2-1 Tigers, copme on Sox, these are the fricking tigers!

Foulke You
08-29-2003, 06:25 PM
Why the heck does this team give us trouble? I just can't figure it out. The Yankees and Royals NO PROBLEM! But we just can't handle those mighty Tigers from Detroit. It is absurd!

RKMeibalane
08-29-2003, 06:26 PM
This is bad. If Maggs is out for an extended period of time, the following will happen in short order:

1. Frank Thomas will not get a single pitch to hit.

2. The offense will tank again.

3. The Sox will be in danger of falling out of first place.

ChiSox7
08-29-2003, 06:26 PM
What is happening to everyone's savior Buerhle? He would have shut out the Yanks yesterday? But how could he do that if he can't shut down the Tigers? Four hits in the first inning to the Tigers?

ChiSox7
08-29-2003, 06:28 PM
BTW, I'm sure this is SOMEHOW Manuel's fault.

emaholic
08-29-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
This is bad. If Maggs is out for an extended period of time, the following will happen in short order:

1. Frank Thomas will not get a single pitch to hit.

2. The offense will tank again.

3. The Sox will be in danger of falling out of first place.

I'm scared.

SoxFanDan
08-29-2003, 06:31 PM
anyone hear anything

Nick@Nite
08-29-2003, 06:36 PM
Coming off yesterday's LOSS of a Sox sweep against the Yankees, we LOST the lead against the lowly Tigers, LOST Maggs to what will hopefully be a minor injury, and hopefully... HOPEFULLY, haven't LOST momentum (Sox road trips usually are butt-ugly).

I think I LOST my appetite, too.

SouthBendSox
08-29-2003, 06:37 PM
we need to take Buerle a video of Darkman...

"I cant trust you anymore Burlymon"

and then take off his finger with a cigar cutter

SouthBendSox
08-29-2003, 06:38 PM
bring on the Mudhens!!!!!

pudge
08-29-2003, 06:39 PM
Is that Jeremy Reed kid ready for the big time?

FJA
08-29-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by PinchALoaf
Coming off yesterday's LOSS of a Sox sweep against the Yankees, we LOST the lead against the lowly Tigers, LOST Maggs to what will hopefully be a minor injury, and hopefully... HOPEFULLY, haven't LOST momentum (road trips that usually are butt-ugly).

I think I LOST my appetite, too.

I stopped eating when Maggs' injury happened.

FJA
08-29-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by FJA
I stopped eating when Maggs' injury happened.

To clarify, I stopped eating my dinner. This ain't enough to go on a hunger strike. :D:

ShoelessFred
08-29-2003, 06:44 PM
anyone think buehrle's mind is messed up because his manager thinks he sucks so bad, that he would pitch neal cotts against the yankees.

SouthBendSox
08-29-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by ShoelessFred
anyone think buehrle's mind is messed up because his manager thinks he sucks so bad, that he would pitch neal cotts against the yankees.

exactly

Maunel hates him

ChiSox7
08-29-2003, 06:46 PM

i knew it wouldn't take long for somebody to blame burlys crappy start on Manuel

doogiec
08-29-2003, 06:47 PM
If that's all it takes to mess up Buerhle's mind, St Louis can have him.

emaholic
08-29-2003, 06:47 PM
Wow, this is sad.

ShoelessFred
08-29-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox7
i knew it wouldn't take long for somebody to blame burlys crappy start on Manuel
when we ship jerry outta town at the end of the year, can we send you with him?

Fridaythe13thJason
08-29-2003, 06:49 PM
Anybody still have something to say about Neil Cotts? Like I said yesterday, shut up...there's a reason you're not a manager.

Sorry to be so abrasive, but I just got ripped a new one yesterday in my thread, and now Buehrle has given up 5 in 2.

BOOO.

ChiSox7
08-29-2003, 06:50 PM

I call em like I see em. Burly gives up 5 vs tigers in 2. cotts does it in 1 and 2/3 less.

I'm as pissed as anyone, but I laugh at all those people bitching on the boards yesterday

Fridaythe13thJason

Good Idea ...let's ship out the rational fans.

SouthBendSox
Why arent I a manager?

Is it because of my race?

SouthBendSox
08-29-2003, 06:51 PM
5-1

i'm in tears

any word on Maggs yet?

Nick@Nite
08-29-2003, 06:51 PM
:beer
Maggs is hurt! ... I need a drink!
:prozac
Burly getting shelled! Pass the pills!

ShoelessFred
08-29-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by SouthBendSox
Why arent I a manager?

with the White Sox? maybe.

inta
08-29-2003, 06:53 PM
ugh.
this sucks.

this is all manuels fault.
if the fans and the media are any indication of how he's gotten everyone twisted up, i'm sure the team is in far worse shape.

i bet mark is just doing this to say "**** you" to jerry.

emaholic
08-29-2003, 06:54 PM
Alright Frank!

Fridaythe13thJason
08-29-2003, 06:54 PM
Why arent I a manager?

Shut up.

with the White Sox? maybe.

Shut up.

Now you're being insane to say that Jerry's job has anything to do with his race. You can disagree with me and think that he is no good, or that Jerry is cheap. I have no issue with that. To attribute race is ignorant.

ChiSox7
08-29-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by inta
ugh.
this sucks.

if the fans and the media are any indication of how he's gotten everyone twisted up, i'm sure the team is in far worse shape.

First I hope you dont' believe that, because if you really believe this is Manuel's fault, nobody can help you.

And if Mark is doing this because he's pissed at not getting the NY start, I don't want him here. The team is bigger than the individual

Fridaythe13thJason
Originally posted by inta
ugh.
this sucks.

Yeah because Major League players love to lose on purpose.

SouthBendSox
I was talking about my race.

5-3 devil team

ShoelessFred
08-29-2003, 06:56 PM
I call em like I see em. Burly gives up 5 vs tigers in 2. cotts does it in 1 and 2/3 less.

I'm as pissed as anyone, but I laugh at all those people bitching on the boards yesterday
well, if we lose this game, then i guess you CAN blame BOTH games on jerry manuel. he made the decision to switch the starters. would things have been different? who knows. but things couldn't be much worse.

Fridaythe13thJason
08-29-2003, 06:57 PM
I was talking about my race.

5-3 devil team

Just yours, eh? You weren't noting Jerry's at all?

Then what was your point?

ShoelessFred
08-29-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by SoCalUIC
Shut up.

Shut up.

Now you're being insane to say that Jerry's job has anything to do with his race. You can disagree with me and think that he is no good, or that Jerry is cheap. I have no issue with that. To attribute race is ignorant.
so you are saying that jerry reinsdorf being on baseball's diversity board or whatever it is called, had NOTHING to do with JM or KW getting hired?

SouthBendSox
08-29-2003, 06:59 PM
Just yours, eh? You weren't noting Jerry's at all?

Then what was your point?

Because you referred to me ("theres a reason you arent a manager") as having some ineffable quality (non-managerialness) that somehow precludes me from commenting intelligently on the Sox

strangely, you arent a manager either, but do possess this quality

inta
08-29-2003, 07:00 PM
First I hope you dont' believe that, because if you really believe this is Manuel's fault, nobody can help you.

And if Mark is doing this because he's pissed at not getting the NY start, I don't want him here. The team is bigger than the individual

i wasn't serious. just annoyed at what's happened in this game so far with maggs and now mark.

after all the bullcrap of yesterday we needed a nice clean win today.

Fridaythe13thJason
08-29-2003, 07:01 PM
so you are saying that jerry reinsdorf being on baseball's diversity board or whatever it is called, had NOTHING to do with JM or KW getting hired?

Nope, I wouldn't imagine it does.

FJA
08-29-2003, 07:03 PM
Anybody still have something to say about Neil Cotts? Like I said yesterday, shut up...there's a reason you're not a manager.

Sorry to be so abrasive, but I just got ripped a new one yesterday in my thread, and now Buehrle has given up 5 in 2.

BOOO.

The criticism yesterday wasn't of the "Cotts sucks, Buehrle rules" nature. There were two problems:

1) Buehrle, on any given day, gives us a better chance to win than Cotts. It might not pan out, but if you want to argue that you'd choose Cotts because he's the best pitcher to face the Yankees, you've got your work cut out for you.

2) Jerry Manuel said Cotts would start. Then he said Mark Buehrle would probably start (99.9%). Then he started Cotts anyway. Hawk explicitly said this didn't sit well in the clubhouse, particularly with Buehrle (I can only imagine the back and forth didn't do too well for the psyche of Cotts either)--this coming from a guy who usually plays the role of apologist. I trust him when he says that.

All of that being said, would Buehrle have given up 5 runs against the Yankees? Would he have given up 10, since they're a better team?

Better yet: Would Cotts have pitched a no-hitter against the Tigers because they're not as good as the Yankees?

Maybe Buehrle would have pitched a no-hitter against the Yankees.

The point is, NO ONE KNOWS. It was still a dumb decision not to give your team the best chance to win the game. Anyone arguing against Manuel yesterday who knew what they were talking about shouldn't be apologizing, because to say Buehrle would have given up five runs to the Yankees because he gave up five runs to the Tigers in a different game is a dumb argument.

inta
08-29-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by FJA
The criticism yesterday wasn't of the "Cotts sucks, Buehrle rules" nature. There were two problems:

1) Buehrle, on any given day, gives us a better chance to win than Cotts. It might not pan out, but if you want to argue that you'd choose Cotts because he's the best pitcher to face the Yankees, you've got your work cut out for you.

2) Jerry Manuel said Cotts would start. Then he said Mark Buehrle would probably start (99.9%). Then he started Cotts anyway. Hawk explicitly said this didn't sit well in the clubhouse, particularly with Buehrle (I can only imagine the back and forth didn't do too well for the psyche of Cotts either)--this coming from a guy who usually plays the role of apologist. I trust him when he says that.

All of that being said, would Buehrle have given up 5 runs against the Yankees? Would he have given up 10, since they're a better team?

Better yet: Would Cotts have pitched a no-hitter against the Tigers because they're not as good as the Yankees?

Maybe Buehrle would have pitched a no-hitter against the Yankees.

The point is, NO ONE KNOWS. It was still a dumb decision not to give your team the best chance to win the game. Anyone arguing against Manuel yesterday who knew what they were talking about shouldn't be apologizing, because to say Buehrle would have given up five runs to the Yankees because he gave up five runs to the Tigers in a different game is a dumb argument.

AMEN!

ShoelessFred
08-29-2003, 07:05 PM
Nope, I wouldn't imagine it does.
i too would like to look at the would through the distored glasses you use.

voodoochile
08-29-2003, 07:05 PM
Anyone want to lay odds on how many fastballs Franks sees the rest of the game with Rowand hitting behind him?

SouthBendSox
08-29-2003, 07:06 PM
Great post FJA

one minor point to tack on...

the whole attitude of "we won the series, so this game doesnt reallymatter"

is both incredibly stupid and damaging to a team in this tight of a race

ShoelessFred
08-29-2003, 07:08 PM
Great post FJA

one minor point to tack on...

the whole attitude of "we won the series, so this game doesnt reallymatter"

is both incredibly stupid and damaging to a team in this tight of a race
winning series is something that you concentrate on EARLY in the season. LATE in the season like we are now, your main focus is to WIN EVERY FREAKING GAME!

FJA
08-29-2003, 07:09 PM
Have Rooney and Farmer said anything about Maggs?

PaleHoseGeorge
08-29-2003, 07:11 PM
winning series is something that you concentrate on EARLY in the season. LATE in the season like we are now, your main focus is to WIN EVERY FREAKING GAME!

Makes sense to me. In April you assume you're going to lose 60 games because hardly any team in history ever does any better. Focusing on winning the series is a good way to break down the ratio of wins to losses.

But this is pennant race! They're all important now. Sheesh... we have an idiot for a manager.

:jerry
"Hey, have you heard about my new 4-man rotation? I'm starting one tonight!"

adsit
08-29-2003, 07:12 PM
Whoo... for a moment there I thought the bottom of the Tiggers order was going to put another one across.

Three first-pitch fastballs in a row they've hit.

mike squires
08-29-2003, 07:14 PM
Mark Cotts...

adsit
08-29-2003, 07:15 PM
AP's reporting that Maggs hurt his arm ... but has no further info.

SouthBendSox
08-29-2003, 07:15 PM
gosh dern

FJA
08-29-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by adsit

MLB.com is reporting it's the hand ... I highly doubt he hurt his entire arm.

Nick@Nite
08-29-2003, 07:20 PM

I think I'm going to lay down for a awhile... (really). Brb in about 30 minutes or so.

:(:

adsit
08-29-2003, 07:22 PM
BC-BBA--White Sox-Ordonez,0090
Ordonez injured
DETROIT (AP) Chicago White Sox right fielder Magglio Ordonez
left Friday night's games against the Detroit Tigers after injuring
his left arm in the first inning.
Ordonoez was hurt when he attempted to make a diving catch on
Bobby Higginson's double. Ordonez left the game holding his left
arm stiffly.
Ordonez hit an RBI double in the top of the first to give the
White Sox the early lead. He is hitting .322 with 25 home runs and
81 RBIs this year.

(Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

AP-NY-08-29-03 1935EDT

SouthBendSox
08-29-2003, 07:24 PM
Torso man up in a big moment

FJA
08-29-2003, 07:26 PM
Here's the MLB.com/WhiteSox.com report ... still no info on the exact injury.

Link (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20030829&content_id=502939&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cha)

FJA
08-29-2003, 07:27 PM
3-0 Anaheim, Top 2

1-0 Minn., Bottom 2

White_Sock
08-29-2003, 07:27 PM
The top of our lineup is incredibly flat without Maggs. Looks like our best hopes are with the bottom half until Maggs comes back.

Ugh

Daver
08-29-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by White_Sock
The top of our lineup is incredibly flat without Maggs. Looks like our best hopes are with the bottom half until Maggs comes back.

Ugh

Hey,did your dad fall off the face of the Earth?

I haven't heard from him in months.

:redneck

White_Sock
08-29-2003, 07:34 PM
He's been working a lot lately, but when he's not working he plays tennis for 5+ hours at a time.

FJA
08-29-2003, 07:37 PM

Ugh

The whole team looks really flat out there ... we've had runners, they're just not scoring.

There are two things I hope this is not the result of:

1) The whole Cotts/Buehrle/Manuel mess

2) A losing mindset in Comerica like we have at Edison Field ... we just look like we're trying not to lose when we play the Angels in Anaheim.

cheeses_h_rice
08-29-2003, 07:47 PM
Just got in, and I'm a wee bit pissed to see Burly having given up 5 runs in 5 IP so far. Especially after reading about Maggs' possible injury; I can't imagine a worst blow to the groin than combining a Sox loss, a Tigers win, an injury to Maggs, and the Sox falling further behind the Royals all in one night.

Please for the love o' god, let the Sox come back and win this one.

As I speak, MB has thrown 7 of 8 pitches for balls. Nice.

cheeses_h_rice
08-29-2003, 07:49 PM
****er****er.

FJA
08-29-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Just got in, and I'm a wee bit pissed to see Burly having given up 5 runs in 5 IP so far. Especially after reading about Maggs' possible injury; I can't imagine a worst blow to the groin than combining a Sox loss, a Tigers win, an injury to Maggs, and the Sox falling further behind the Royals all in one night.

Please for the love o' god, let the Sox come back and win this one.

As I speak, MB has thrown 7 of 8 pitches for balls. Nice.

Buehrle just does not look good out there tonight. I don't know if it's the extra day of rest that's screwing up his timing or what ... but this is the worst I've seen him all season.

8-3 Detroit as I type ... disgusting.

Jurr
08-29-2003, 07:50 PM
Damn...can't believe Jerry hit that batter.

A.T. Money
08-29-2003, 07:51 PM
We're done.

This is the worst I've seen Buehrle pitch all season, and it couldn't come at a worse time.

adsit
:angry: :angry: :angry:

cheeses_h_rice
Why can't this team get up to beat bad teams? Seriously, Houston, we have a problem.

ChiSox7
HAHAHA> and you guys thought this guy was gonna shut down the YANKS. HAHAHA

thepaulbowski
get Buehrle out of there, you can't have three walks in an inning

A.T. Money
08-29-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Jurr
Damn...can't believe Jerry hit that batter.

Dude, quit being such an idiot.

RRios8191
Buerhle is a goddam punk!!!!! :angry:

SOB....Stupid bastard!!! 0-2 and hits him.... LOSER!!! :angry:

voodoochile
That's enough baseball for me for one night. You all enjoy the game. I'll check back later and hope for the best...

Jurr
Well, folks, looks like Jerry had a bad night on the mound. Poor guy couldn't get a pitch over tonight. Well, at least Jerry will still be tied for first (hopefully) by the end of the night, so he can go out there on the bump tomorrow night with that power sinker and get some outs.

Unregistered
This is disgusting. Just utterly pathetic. Pick any number of reasons why we're playing like this, but our momentum and swagger is on a giant downward spiral. This sucks. :angry:

FJA
Texas and Anaheim are winning ... 4-0 Angels, 5-1 Rangers.

We need to pick up some runs and steal this one. We need it now, and we need it badly.

A.T. Money

Yeah. It screwed his routine.

RRios8191
08-29-2003, 07:53 PM
Trade the goddam SOB before it's too late!!! :angry:

cheeses_h_rice

Are you *trying* to be an ***hole?

thepaulbowski
Originally posted by SoxDemon
We're done.

This is the worst I've seen Buehrle pitch all season, and it couldn't come at a worse time.

If this is because of yesterday..... He's a professional, he needs to act like one.

RRios8191
08-29-2003, 07:54 PM
Punk ass Buerhle...Freakin White Trash bastard!!! :angry:

ChiSox7
08-29-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Are you *trying* to be an ***hole?

Nope, just showing everyone what they looked like yesterday.

RRios8191
08-29-2003, 07:55 PM
He needs tol go back to his Goddam trailer park an fester in the heat!!! :angry:

voodoochile

Yep and I also believe that some of his overthrowing and lack of attention is due to him being royally ticked off about not starting in NY. It's still Buehrle's job to get the guys out no matter what, but I could understand if he was having a hard time concentrating tonight...

Jurr
it's about as ludicrous as people have been on this site the last two days. making mountains out of molehills, which is also the exact problem the team suffers from right now. You take one loss in stride. If you piss and moan because of one, it turns into two, three, and so forth. I wish that Sox fans would just enjoy the ride, quit overanalyzing Jerry, and leave it alone.

FJA

ChiSox7, if you honestly think one game can accurately predict another, you know nothing about baseball. Buehrle might have no-hit the Yankees. Neither you nor I know.

Please drop this Cotts/Buehrle/Manuel thing. It has nothing to do with today's results. It had to do with yesterday's decision. Nothing that happens in today's game can help your argument. Sorry.

Fridaythe13thJason
08-29-2003, 07:56 PM
Nope, just showing everyone what they looked like yesterday.

And your impression is quite good, in all honesty.

RRios8191
Buerhle sucks!!! No point to it!!!! :angry:

ChiSox7
Yep and I also believe that some of his overthrowing and lack of attention is due to him being royally ticked off about not starting in NY. It's still Buehrle's job to get the guys out no matter what, but I could understand if he was having a hard time concentrating tonight...

I agree with you a lot of the times voodoo, but this isn't Little Leagues. He gets paid big money to pitch whenever JM frickin' tells him to pitch. He has no say. And if he gets mad at it because he didn't get a chance to shine, then I don't want him. THe team is bigger than the individual. He's a big time loser if thats the reason he sucked tonight.

RRios8191
08-29-2003, 07:57 PM
Punk ass white boy!!! Go BACK TO Bingo!!! :angry:

RRios8191
08-29-2003, 07:57 PM
Tired of white trash pitching for the SOX!!! :angry:

Unregistered
08-29-2003, 07:58 PM
:tomatoaward

voodoochile
Originally posted by RRios8191
Punk ass white boy!!! Go BACK TO Bingo!!! :angry:

If you keep acting like an idiot and bringing up race, you won't be posting here much longer...

RRios8191
Stupid ass punk!!! :angry:

duke of dorwood
Well if Maggs is out, you may see C Lee in the 4 spot

Unregistered
Tired of white trash pitching for the SOX!!! :angry: Dude. RELAX.

cheeses_h_rice
Buerhle sucks!!! No point to it!!!! :angry:

Hey, loudmouth, why don't you quit with the broken-record routine?

It's one game. I suppose you'd forgotten about Burly's performance the last 10 or so starts since your impression of him seems to be one of mega-negativity.

Daver
He needs tol go back to his Goddam trailer park an fester in the heat!!! :angry:

I think the same could be said for you.

voodoochile
If you keep acting like an idiot and bringing up race, you won't be posting here much longer...

Nevermind. Have a nice life...

he gone...

FJA
08-29-2003, 07:59 PM
Stupid ass punk!!! :angry:

Is this Armando Rios?

duke of dorwood
08-29-2003, 07:59 PM
And lay off Buehrle-he's not the first guy that this manager has messed with his head

duke of dorwood
08-29-2003, 08:00 PM
Thanks Voodoo

White_Sock
08-29-2003, 08:01 PM
thanks for kicking that rios guy - i think that was william ligue jr

FJA
08-29-2003, 08:02 PM
thanks for kicking that rios guy - i think that was william ligue jr

Yes, thanks.

:hawk

"He gawn!"

thepaulbowski
08-29-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
And lay off Buehrle-he's not the first guy that this manager has messed with his head

He's paid to pitch when he is told to pitch. Just like I am paid to work when I'm told to work. He needs to be mature enough to put this other stuff behind him, if that was his problem tonight.

whitesoxwilkes
08-29-2003, 08:04 PM
Funny about this Rios guy...keeps calling Burly white trash. Last time I checked, a Camaro (which he brags about in his sig) was pretty high on the list of white trash rides as far as I've seen...

voodoochile
08-29-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Thanks Voodoo

Actually, banning idiot trolls is a great way to work off some steam when the team has me ticked off...

Daver
08-29-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
Funny about this Rios guy...keeps calling Burly white trash. Last time I checked, a Camaro (which he brags about in his sig) was pretty high on the list of white trash rides as far as I've seen...

I own one..........

LASOXFAN
I just tuned in, can anyone shed light on what's happened to Mags?

voodoochile
Originally posted by thepaulbowski
He's paid to pitch when he is told to pitch. Just like I am paid to work when I'm told to work. He needs to be mature enough to put this other stuff behind him, if that was his problem tonight.

You are right. He should have pitched better. But, he wouldn't be the first guy who let his bosses bad decision get inside his head and whose job performance suffered for it.

cheeses_h_rice
08-29-2003, 08:06 PM
What an annoying night.

You have your Cotts/Manuel supporters who are using tonight's performance to somehow justify what Manuel did yesterday, never mind the fact that you can't say how Burly would have done if he'd gotten the start yesterday or how Cotts would have done had he started tonight, and the fact remains that our idiot manager DID screw with the team's mojo with his words beforehand and afterward.

And then you have a newbie poster coming in here slamming to shreds a pitcher who's had a 3.19 and 3.09 ERA the last 2 months, all because of one bad outing.

Time to turn off the tube and do something else. I'll see y'all tomorrow.

thepaulbowski

as my Junior High math teacher said, it take one to know one! :D:

FJA

I agree ... but the problem here is that his manager couldn't decide when to tell him to work. I don't know about you, but when I was working hourly, if a manager kept switching my hours two days before I was supposed to work, I wasn't very happy.

A.T. Money
08-29-2003, 08:07 PM
This just proves that Jerry's decision all along was a bad one. I ended up right in his face.

thepaulbowski
08-29-2003, 08:08 PM
You are right. He should have pitched better. But, he wouldn't be the first guy who let his bosses bad decision get inside his head and whose job performance suffered for it.

hyperextended index finger for Maggs

duke of dorwood
Hyper extended finger

FJA
Maggs day-to-day ... phew ...

duke of dorwood
WHEW !!!!!!!!!

ChiSoxBobette
08-29-2003, 08:09 PM
I've said it before as long as this team does'nt have to get Manuel involved in any part of a game and the veteran ballplayers step up and hit and play the way they can the Sox will be fine. But as we saw yesterday when Manuel decided to start Cotts instead of Buehrle , well; thats something the team has no control over. Tonight 29 Aug.2003 can be the demise of the Sox hope of winning this division. Who do we have to blame White Sox fans the Royals, the Twins , god himself , why no its our own manager. Instead of going for the sweep in N.Y. he lets a rookie pitcher implode(possibly ruining another Sox young pitcher)we get 2 in the 1st a total of 5 for the game and the yankees they get 5 in the 1st and a total of 7. What I want to know is who thinks with Buehrle in there yesterday we win?Tonight on the mound according to the score I last saw we were down to the tiggers 8-3 probably with a pissed off Buehrle out there still wondering why he did'nt pitch vs the yankees thursday afternoon and in all probability pitching like crap because of thinking to much about yesterday. Like I said the only thing stopping us from winning this division will be Jerry Manuel. While the royals have Tony Pena we have Tinkering Jerry.

thepaulbowski
08-29-2003, 08:09 PM

very true

FJA
08-29-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
This just proves that Jerry's decision all along was a bad one. I ended up right in his face.

I hated Jerry's decision as much as anyone, but I will say this: That man never catches any breaks when it comes to bad decisions ending up right in his face. Most people can do something stupid and get away with it every now and then ... a freebie ... I don't think JM has ever gotten away with a stupid decision ... they always come back to haunt this team.

duke of dorwood
08-29-2003, 08:11 PM
I wish Everett would hit lefty more. He's such an adjustable hitter, he'd make it work

thepaulbowski
08-29-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by FJA
I agree ... but the problem here is that his manager couldn't decide when to tell him to work. I don't know about you, but when I was working hourly, if a manager kept switching my hours two days before I was supposed to work, I wasn't very happy.

But these guys aren't paid by the hour. When they put that uniform on, they need to be ready to do whatever is asked of them by there manager (whether they agree with him or not).

FJA
08-29-2003, 08:15 PM
But these guys aren't paid by the hour. When they put that uniform on, they need to be ready to do whatever is asked of them by there manager (whether they agree with him or not).

Again, I agree ... back to the hourly thing ... whether you like it or not, you show up to work.

All I was trying to say was that, yeah, Buehrle didn't show up and he should have, but let's not forget the position he was put in. And whoever said it, said it best: He's not the first guy who screwed up after a manager's bad decision screwed him first.

HawkDJ
08-29-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
Tonight on the mound according to the score I last saw we were down to the tiggers 8-3 probably with a pissed off Buehrle out there still wondering why he did'nt pitch vs the yankees thursday afternoon and in all probability pitching like crap because of thinking to much about yesterday. Like I said the only thing stopping us from winning this division will be Jerry Manuel. While the royals have Tony Pena we have Tinkering Jerry.

Even if Buehrle is angry about not pitching yesterday there is no way he should've let that affect him tonight. That's a rookie mistake. This game has just as much value in the standings as yesterday's game. In fact, this game may be more important considering we were only 2-4 in Detroit coming into this game.

adsit
08-29-2003, 08:27 PM
Meanwhile, Schoeneweis comes thru with two scoreless innings of relief... glad to see it from him... hopefully Crede's kicked off one of our infamous bat-around innings right 'bout now... :D:

LASOXFAN
08-29-2003, 08:27 PM
atta boy joe

FJA
08-29-2003, 08:30 PM
Robbie's timing at the plate seems WAY off.

LASOXFAN
08-29-2003, 08:31 PM
ah, what a great way to kick off the long weekend

A.T. Money
08-29-2003, 08:31 PM
Well, Anaheim and Texas are both winning, so let's hope they can hold on.

LASOXFAN
08-29-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by FJA
Robbie's timing at the plate seems WAY off.
he should stick to slapping the ball to left. when he's trying to pull it he looks awful

maybe we won't lose any ground tonight. but oh man, what a wasted opportunity to gain ground. Buehrle really let the team down.

FJA
08-29-2003, 08:40 PM
Well, let's see what happens here ... I hope we at least go down with a fight.

I like that Crede got the lead down to four.

duke of dorwood
08-29-2003, 08:50 PM
To be honest-we have to play different in this park-HR dont go out as frequently as we have relied on the long ball

adsit
08-29-2003, 08:50 PM
Should I :angry: or should I :whiner: ???

Think I'll :gulp:

See you guys tomorrow... :D: I've got some repressed feelings to get out of my system... I've been biting my tongue on here all day... and it HURTS!!

FJA
08-29-2003, 08:54 PM
Should I :angry: or should I :whiner: ???

Think I'll :gulp:

See you guys tomorrow... :D: I've got some repressed feelings to get out of my system... I've been biting my tongue on here all day... and it HURTS!!

This loss concerns me, because I'm worried that we're in this "oh crap" mode every time we step on the field at Comerica.

That being said, this loss doesn't sting like others, in part because the Twins and Royals are losing, and in larger part because Maggs isn't seriously hurt. Phew ...

shane
08-29-2003, 08:55 PM

The funniest thing about it is that the reference to white trash is immediately followed by bragging about a 1995 Z-28 with T-Tops and 148,000 miles on it!! I'm in oklahoma, and I can assure you that those cars are pretty popular in the trailer parks here. I'll bet he likes to rev the engine at stop lights.

Buerhle is a big time pitcher, and big time pitchers typically pitch better against big time teams. I don't think Buerhle was out to lose tonight. He is a professional and I'm sure he would love to get a start in the WS. Manuel screwed up. When every single sports talk show in America says he screwed up, he screwed up.

whitesoxwilkes
08-29-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by daver
I own one..........

Touche! Guess who's gonna be cleaning the fryer tonight? And all next week? Followed by waxing the aforementioned Camaro?

Daver
08-29-2003, 09:20 PM
Touche! Guess who's gonna be cleaning the fryer tonight? And all next week? Followed by waxing the aforementioned Camaro?

You can't wax it,it doesn't have any paint.

As far as the fryer goes.................

:bandance:

Lip Man 1
08-29-2003, 09:27 PM
It amazes me that the Sox can be so consistently "inconsistent." Sounds like Rooney and Farmer were right on when they said Manuel's "tinkering," was going to piss off the Tigers (in so many words...)

Lip

PaleHoseGeorge
08-29-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
It amazes me that the Sox can be so consistently "inconsistent." Sounds like Rooney and Farmer were right on when they said Manuel's "tinkering," was going to piss off the Tigers (in so many words...)

I've been thinking about Rooney & Farmer's comments, too. Besides pumping up the 99-loss Tigers, I'm not so sure the Yankees weren't pissed off to be shown no respect either.

This has been a fiasco from start to finish. Sigh... :(: