PDA

View Full Version : Rotation

Iwritecode
08-29-2003, 02:06 PM
A lot of people have mentioned it in various threads and this is what I have for the rest of the season:

DET 29 Burly
DET 30 Garland
DET 31 E-Lo
1 off
BOS 2 Colon
BOS 3 Burly
4 off
CLE 5 Garland
CLE 6 E-Lo
CLE 7 Colon
MIN 8 Burly
MIN 9 Cotts
MIN 10 Garland
MIN 11 E-Lo
BOS 12 Colon
BOS 13 Burly
BOS 14 Cotts
15 off
MIN 16 Garland
MIN 17 E-Lo
MIN 18 Colon
KC 19 Burly
KC 20 Cotts
KC 21 Garland
NY 22 E-Lo
NY 23 Colon
NY 24 Burly
KC 25 Cotts
KC 26 Garland
KC 27 E-Lo
KC 28 Colon

This is assuming JM keeps a 5-man rotation.

Amazingly, this is exactly the way it would look if Burly had pitched yesterday. He would have gone on 5 days rest on 9/3 giving him that ever important "extra day" that Manuel was talking about...

Randar68
08-29-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
A lot of people have mentioned it in various threads and this is what I have for the rest of the season:

DET 29 Burly
DET 30 Garland
DET 31 E-Lo
1 off
BOS 2 Colon
BOS 3 Burly
4 off
CLE 5 Garland
CLE 6 E-Lo
CLE 7 Colon
MIN 8 Burly
MIN 9 Cotts
MIN 10 Garland
MIN 11 E-Lo
BOS 12 Colon
BOS 13 Burly
BOS 14 Cotts
15 off
MIN 16 Garland
MIN 17 E-Lo
MIN 18 Colon
KC 19 Burly
KC 20 Cotts
KC 21 Garland
NY 22 E-Lo
NY 23 Colon
NY 24 Burly
KC 25 Cotts
KC 26 Garland
KC 27 E-Lo
KC 28 Colon

This is assuming JM keeps a 5-man rotation.

Amazingly, this is exactly the way it would look if Burly had pitched yesterday. He would have gone on 5 days rest on 9/3 giving him that ever important "extra day" that Manuel was talking about...

Ahem, Jon Rauch? We'll see. After the last game, I can't believe the Sox would throw Cotts back out there, no matter who they're facing.

Dadawg_77
08-29-2003, 02:12 PM
I would replace Cotts with Wright and move Bread and Water to the pen.

Foulke You
08-29-2003, 02:14 PM

BOS 12 Colon
BOS 13 Burly
BOS 14 Cotts

I am going to be at Fenway for this series. Everything is looking good except the 14th. I don't want to think about witnessing first hand Boston's #1 offense in baseball versus Neal "BB" Cotts. (Shudder) :(: I never thought I'd say this but I think Dan Wright might be our best bet for a #5 starter. At least he has some experience under his belt and can maintain composure and as I recall, he pitched a pretty good game at Fenway last year.

Iwritecode
08-29-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Ahem, Jon Rauch? We'll see. After the last game, I can't believe the Sox would throw Cotts back out there, no matter who they're facing.

Well, you can probably replace Cotts with (fifth starter) in that post...

Iwritecode
08-29-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
I am going to be at Fenway for this series. Everything is looking good except the 14th. I don't want to think about witnessing first hand Boston's #1 offense in baseball versus Neal "BB" Cotts. (Shudder) :(: I never thought I'd say this but I think Dan Wright might be our best bet for a #5 starter. At least he has some experience under his belt and can maintain composure and as I recall, he pitched a pretty good game at Fenway last year.

Well, like I said, this all depends on if JM keeps the 5-man rotation or not. There's not even a guarantee that if he does, Cotts will stay as the fifth starter.

One good thing though, if the Red Sox rotation holds, we will miss Pedro in both series. It looks like the Yanks get him a week from today.

voodoochile
08-29-2003, 02:34 PM
Well, like I said, this all depends on if JM keeps the 5-man rotation or not. There's not even a guarantee that if he does, Cotts will stay as the fifth starter.

One good thing though, if the Red Sox rotation holds, we will miss Pedro in both series. It looks like the Yanks get him a week from today.

:jerry
"Damnit, I said I was going to a 4-man rotation, and a 5-man rotation is what you will get! Why doesn't anyone believe me anymore?"

adsit
08-29-2003, 05:47 PM

What he said... I'm going to those games too, and I'd just as soon not finish off what should be an outstanding baseball weekend with that.

Yesterday, I was all set to blow off a day of work to drive down to the Bronx and see Buehrle pitch. When they confirmed Neal "Aerosmith" Cotts was going instead, I got to work a half-hour early :D: But I already paid for my Fenway tickets!

Foulke You
08-29-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by adsit
What he said... I'm going to those games too, and I'd just as soon not finish off what should be an outstanding baseball weekend with that.

Yesterday, I was all set to blow off a day of work to drive down to the Bronx and see Buehrle pitch. When they confirmed Neal "Aerosmith" Cotts was going instead, I got to work a half-hour early :D: But I already paid for my Fenway tickets!

Maybe I'll see you there, Adsit. I'll be spending the week in Boston for vacation and I have tix for all 3 White Sox games at Fenway. I went last year for the series and had a blast. Let's hope we can see our ChiSox at least take the series! I'm looking forward to those microbrews over at Boston Beer Works accross from the park too. :gulp:

MRKARNO
08-29-2003, 06:05 PM
No way should Wright or cotts pitch in the last ten days with the 7 vs the royals and 3 vs the yanks

adsit
08-29-2003, 06:29 PM
Maybe I'll see you there, Adsit. I'll be spending the week in Boston for vacation and I have tix for all 3 White Sox games at Fenway. I went last year for the series and had a blast. Let's hope we can see our ChiSox at least take the series! I'm looking forward to those microbrews over at Boston Beer Works accross from the park too. :gulp:

Excellent. You know, Fenway's every bit of the dump that the Urinal is... but it's a lot more fun to see baseball there for some reason, and a September series against the ChiSox with both teams in the running will be awesome!

I'm definitely there Saturday and Sunday... might be a walkup Friday night if I feel like dealing with traffic (I live 90 miles away). If you wanted to try to meet up we could figure out how to do that sometime between now and then... any more WSIers in town for the set??

Cask & Flagon's more fun, but BBW has better beer. Decisions, decisions... :gulp: