PDA

View Full Version : TRADE C-LEE FOR CHARLES JOHNSON!!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-26-2001, 03:14 PM
That trade takes care of our gaping hole at catcher & makes room for Rowand at the same time.

MaggPipes
08-26-2001, 03:16 PM
I would Jump at that trade offer, but i doubt Kenny would be samrt enough, and i don't know if the Marlins would....maybe though,,,,,,

Bmr31
08-26-2001, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
That trade takes care of our gaping hole at catcher & makes room for Rowand at the same time.

WHY would you trade a younger, more talented player for charles johnson???? THANK GOD you two arent our GM. :)

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-26-2001, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31

WHY would you trade a younger, more talented player for charles johnson???? THANK GOD you two arent our GM. :)

You do that trade & you get younger at the RF position (Rowand) and you plug the hole at catcher while Mark Johnson develops.

Thank got YOU are not the GM.

:KW

"I'M THE DAMN GM & I'LL DO WHATEVER STUPID TRADES I WANT TO DO!!"

Bmr31
08-26-2001, 03:33 PM

You do that trade & you get younger at the RF position (Rowand) and you plug the hole at catcher while Mark Johnson develops.

Thank got YOU are not the GM.

NOONE IN Thier right mind "would do that trade". you dont trade younger, more talented players just to open a spot for someone.

voodoochile
08-26-2001, 03:34 PM

We expect no less from you, KW... stupid trades that is...

idseer
08-26-2001, 04:02 PM
i agree it won't happen, but part of the reason is that they'd have to admit what a foolish mistake it was to let him go last year!

Soxfan7070
08-26-2001, 05:57 PM
How about C.Lee for another DH????
We could always use another... :)

Bmr31
08-26-2001, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Soxfan7070
How about C.Lee for another DH????
We could always use another... :)

LMAO!!! good point. I think thats why guys want to trade Lee or Konerko. THey do kinda tie our hands....We have 5 or 6 DHs on this team. We need to get some players who can actually field AND hit....

oldcomiskey
08-26-2001, 06:08 PM
alright Im gonna type this real slow so you dummies can keep up.. CJ was gonna sign with Florida regardless, And you do not trade C LEE---you trade Singleton

LongDistanceFan
08-26-2001, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
alright Im gonna type this real slow so you dummies can keep up.. CJ was gonna sign with Florida regardless, And you do not trade C LEE---you trade Singleton

DUMMIES???????

Daver
08-26-2001, 06:11 PM

Hey I resemble that remark.

oldcomiskey
08-26-2001, 06:49 PM
every so often this comes up---Why didnt we keep CJ---CJ went to Schu and told him he was gonna sign elsewhere in 01--which unlike Fat Albert---should make him a hero here--not our catcher--but a hero just the same

Bmr31
08-26-2001, 06:54 PM

Ok smartie, and who would give us anything for chris? LOL

Bmr31
08-26-2001, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by daver

Hey I resemble that remark.

LMAO!!! :) :) :)

LongDistanceFan
08-26-2001, 06:56 PM
every so often this comes up---Why didnt we keep CJ---CJ went to Schu and told him he was gonna sign elsewhere in 01--which unlike Fat Albert---should make him a hero here--not our catcher--but a hero just the same

hero, why?

does that justify calling everybody dummies or are u saying this to a specific poster.

oldcomiskey
08-26-2001, 07:19 PM
no it doesnt--but it does get old after awhile---Cj wasnt gonna come back no matter what---my point was at least he didnt sneak out of town the way Albert did... so whats makes it justified is this-----First you do not trade the future for an old catcher--no matter who he is---second I know that C Lee has the range of a lawn chair--but he can hit---and while I understand that nobody like young Josh there aint nothing nobody can do about it until sandy comes back....

Daver
08-26-2001, 07:26 PM
and while I understand that nobody like young Josh there aint nothing nobody can do about it until sandy comes back....

IN my opinion if Sandy never comes back it's fine with me.

LongDistanceFan
08-26-2001, 07:26 PM
no it doesnt--but it does get old after awhile---Cj wasnt gonna come back no matter what---my point was at least he didnt sneak out of town the way Albert did... so whats makes it justified is this-----First you do not trade the future for an old catcher--no matter who he is---second I know that C Lee has the range of a lawn chair--but he can hit---and while I understand that nobody like young Josh there aint nothing nobody can do about it until sandy comes back....

lets keep the name calling out of this. k

but i kinda of disagree with you about cj going and telling schu that he won't come back. If i remember, shcu asked him to sign a extension and he said no. I agree with you that shcu had no chance of signing him and therefore, loosing him is a moot point.

trading lee may be the chance we have to get real good prospect, but first we need to see who needs a c. lee, b/c alot of teams are set with a few exceptions.

oldcomiskey
08-26-2001, 07:34 PM
Ill tell ya what frustrating about that---I thought Sandy wouldve contributed more===he did help out the young pitchers---He and Boomer--especially Buerhle and Lowe---and who wouldve thought CJ wasnt on a salary drive ala Fat Albert--

LongDistanceFan
08-26-2001, 07:47 PM
Ill tell ya what frustrating about that---I thought Sandy wouldve contributed more===he did help out the young pitchers---He and Boomer--especially Buerhle and Lowe---and who wouldve thought CJ wasnt on a salary drive ala Fat Albert--

today players are like that, but you know what, i think everyone would want to max out the money they can make. I did in a way, but i was never a dirty when the money was offered, and i could've. But that is apples and oranges.

Is Sandy here next yr?

Jerry_Manuel
08-26-2001, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
Is Sandy here next yr?

I'm pretty sure he signed a 2 year deal with us, so if my memory is correct he is.

Paulwny
08-26-2001, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I'm pretty sure he signed a 2 year deal with us, so if my memory is correct he is.

Great bench next year, Harold and Sandy.

doublem23
08-26-2001, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

Great bench next year, Harold and Sandy.

Ugh. Don't even make me think we''ll have to eat TWO spots with washed up vets.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-26-2001, 09:30 PM
Why on earth are we bringing Harold back!?!?!? Jeez I know he's a White Sox hero from days gone by, but for crying out loud all he can do now is hurt the team. Doesn't he know when to quit??

El Train
08-26-2001, 09:35 PM
Why on earth are we bringing Harold back!?!?!?

I agree. I was surprised when he signed on for this year. Is he going for some kind of record?

Jerry_Manuel
08-26-2001, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by El Train
I agree. I was surprised when he signed on for this year. Is he going for some kind of record?

:harold
I'm going for 3,000 hits.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-26-2001, 09:44 PM
He'll keep playing until he gets to 3000 hits too. Too bad he'll take ANOTHER 20 years to get there. Meanwhile he's hurting the team the whole time. TALK ABOUT SELFISH!!! CHRIST!!!

idseer
08-26-2001, 10:37 PM
let me say this real slow so old comiskey understands ...

you have no clue about what cj would or would not do! you know what you read in some column by some other idiot who didn't have a clue about what cj would do.
if the sox had wanted to keep him , they COULD have. they didn't TRY!

Tragg
08-26-2001, 10:46 PM
, And you do not trade C LEE---you trade Singleton

The problem is that when you trade singleton you get little or nothing in return. He's a late inning outflielder than can cover ground, but who can't throw anyone out. He has little power and is a free swinger with a poor obp.

Randar68
08-27-2001, 09:38 AM

*****!!!! You must have been in on the negotiations!!! Are you JR in disguise????

Please, the Sox did make an offer, a weak one, and CJ was only going ot Florida (note the "opt-out" clause) if he couldn't get what he and Boras felt was fair market. They thought 9 or 10 million per year was fair market for a .300-30 everyday playing catcher with several gold-gloves on his resume. I happen to agree, but KW and JR did not, so he signed with Florida for a little less with the opt out and escalator clause that
1) If Florida didn't get their stadium and couldn''t come up with the money, they could opt out
2) CJ could opt-out if he had a great year and wanted to go back to FA....