PDA

View Full Version : 4-Man Rotation

voodoochile
08-29-2003, 01:05 PM
I thought this was important enough to have it's own thread. It was originally posted by thepaulbowski in the "Cotts has no business in the big leagues" thread.

According to the NY Daly News, Manuel has said he is going to a 4-man rotation the rest of the way. I don't know whether to be shocked, amazed, stunned or just start rolling around on the ground, alternately ripping my hair out and laughing until my sides ache. Manuel is a clown...

Day late and a dollar short... (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/story/112972p-102017c.html)

"It was really the last chance this season to do that," Manuel said. "We'll probably just go with (a four-man rotation) from here."

Unregistered
08-29-2003, 01:15 PM
Lemme guess... Jerry is "99.9% Positive".

In the meantime, I'll try not to act surprised when JM throws in a #5 (whoever it is that week) against KC...

Iwritecode
08-29-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I thought this was important enough to have it's own thread. It was originally posted by thepaulbowski in the "Cotts has no business in the big leagues" thread.

According to the NY Daly News, Manuel has said he is going to a 4-man rotation the rest of the way. I don't know whether to be shocked, amazed, stunned or just start rolling around on the ground, alternately ripping my hair out and laughing until my sides ache. Manuel is a clown...

Day late and a dollar short... (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/story/112972p-102017c.html)

So let me get this straight... He wanted to give Burly an extra day of rest just so he can go to a 4-man rotation the very next day?!?

My god, somebody please shoot me...

On one hand, this isn't a bad idea since any fifth starter they've thrown out there this year really hasn't done crap. On the other hand, this will really put a large burden on the rotation. If they do make it to the playoffs, will they be rested enough?

Of course this is classic JM though. Just yesterday everyone was talking about not over-using the starters so they don't burn out down the stretch. Now this... I can only assume that Jerry will change his mind come September 9 when they will need a 5th starter again.

I need a :gulp:

voodoochile
08-29-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
So let me get this straight... He wanted to give Burly an extra day of rest just so he can go to a 4-man rotation the very next day?!?

My god, somebody please shoot me...

On one hand, this isn't a bad idea since any fifth starter they've thrown out there this year really hasn't done crap. On the other hand, this will really put a large burden on the rotation. If they do make it to the playoffs, will they be rested enough?

Of course this is classic JM though. Just yesterday everyone was talking about not over-using the starters so they don't burn out down the stretch. Now this... I can only assume that Jerry will change his mind come September 9 when they will need a 5th starter again.

I need a :gulp:

I'm thinking that Jerry is looking at the two days off next week and thinking, "I can go to a 4-man rotation the rest of the way with all these days off." Then reality will set in 2 weeks from now and Manuel will realize that not every week has 2 off days and he needs the fifth starter.

I think Jerry is so stunned and amazed at the amount of people ripping him for starting Cotts yesterday that he finally realized he was wrong and this is an over-reaction to the problem.

:jerry
"You don't like Cotts? He gone. I'll never use him again. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Don't hate me and PLEASE don't fire me. I couldn't handle being fired and hated by people who aren't as smart as I am..."

cheeses_h_rice
08-29-2003, 01:22 PM
How about a limited 5-man rotation where, where the schedule requires it, using Wright as #5? Seems simple enough to me.

voodoochile
08-29-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
How about a limited 5-man rotation where, where the schedule requires it, using Wright as #5? Seems simple enough to me.

:jerry
"That's pure genius. Where were you yesterday when I could have used Mark Buehrle? "

Lip Man 1
08-29-2003, 01:33 PM
This is interesting because wasn't it only about two weeks ago when the question of a four man rotation first came up that Manager Gandhi said he wouldn't do it because Loazia wasn't sold on it?

If my memory is correct then here's ANOTHER wishy-washy backtracking decision made by the erstwhile manager.

Lip

PaleHoseGeorge
08-29-2003, 01:38 PM
My God... the man is a complete imbecile. He closes the barn door immediately AFTER the horse has left the barn. And he is still going to need a spot starter in 2 weeks time.

Unbelievable. This is just sooooooo Jerry Manuel.

Ignore this man --------------> :jerry

rmusacch
08-29-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Why has he been blathering about 2000 when all his guys were burned out for the playoffs? He is going to do the same damn thing. He is a ****ing moron.

:firejerry

Mammoo
08-29-2003, 02:02 PM
...and be thought a fool...

well, you know the rest!! :angry:

Iwritecode
08-29-2003, 02:38 PM
Have we finally silenced the Manuel defenders? I see nobody is standing up for JM in this thread. Have they finally realized that JM is a...

****ing moron------------->:jerry

ma-gaga
08-29-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
here's ANOTHER wishy-washy backtracking decision made by the erstwhile manager.

Lip

Yep. Good decision, pathetic timing. Pathetic manager.

At the end of the season, everyone is tired. Unless you bring in a 'K-Rod' type of reliever that can get you some energy for the playoffs, or try out an untested rookie and give him a shot to see if he can energize the 'old guys'.