PDA

View Full Version : Quote Of The Day 8/29

Lip Man 1
08-29-2003, 02:37 AM
'Hang in there, you'll get another shot,'"---Jerry Manuel to Neil Cotts according to the Chicago Tribune.

Now THAT'S scary!

By the way did anyone hear any of Manager Gandhi's post game comments? Just curious what convoluted excuses and ramblings he offered this time. He's obviously lost all sense of reality.

Sox 5th starters 2003: 3-10 6.77 ERA (according to Phil Rogers)

Now THAT'S winning baseball!

Lip

CLR01
08-29-2003, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
'Hang in there, you'll get another shot,'"---Jerry Manuel to Neil Cotts according to the Chicago Tribune.

Now THAT'S scary!

By the way did anyone hear any of Manager Gandhi's post game comments? Just curious what convoluted excuses and ramblings he offered this time. He's obviously lost all sense of reality.

Sox 5th starters 2003: 3-10 6.77 ERA (according to Phil Rogers)

Now THAT'S winning baseball!

Lip

Why dont you go find the stats on every other teams fifth starter and compare them. I am interested to see how much worse we are in that department. My guess is not much worse than league average.

Lip Man 1
08-29-2003, 03:01 AM
Because other teams aren't in a three way race for a playoff spot are they?

I give a damn what the 5th starters of the Milwaukee Brewers are doing.

Lip

LASOXFAN
08-29-2003, 03:13 AM
Sandy certainly seemed to question the decision to start Cotts, even implying that he might not be ready to pitch in the majors. At least that was my take on it.

I can't imagine that anyone was happy about that decision. But if you're looking for a silver lining, just look at the way the team responded. They didn't give up after yielding 5 runs in the first. Wright hung on and the team rallied around him.

Could Carl be heating up? Konerko too? If so, Katie bar the doors!