PDA

View Full Version : oh well, not a totally awful day: Flubs lose.

cheeses_h_rice
08-28-2003, 09:30 PM
3-2 on a Kerry Robinson homer in the 9th.

:)

RRios8191
08-28-2003, 10:56 PM
Shut the hell up!!! Don't worry about the Cubs....
Worry about why the freakin SOX gave away today's game on a silver platter!!

DrCrawdad
08-28-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

The Nasal Whiner, Steve Stone, said that Kerry Robinson doesn't hit against the Cubbies. The very next thing, Robinson hits a RBI double. Then later hits a "walk-off HR."

Good call, Oh Great Stone!

MRKARNO
08-28-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by RRios8191

I just love it how one day we're planning for the world series and the next we're planning to miss the playoffs

plus, we can have our fun still if the cubs lose

cheeses_h_rice
08-28-2003, 10:59 PM

Bite me, *******.

The Sox lost about 7 hours ago; what do you want me to do, keep beating a dead horse about it?

bobj4400
08-29-2003, 09:24 AM
It is so sweet to hear Chimp and Steve cry and moan about the Flub bullpen after the cocky, smug comments they make all telecast long.

whitesoxwilkes
08-29-2003, 09:42 AM
Caught the end of the game while out with some friends last night. No one was really paying attention except for 2 scrub fans sitting by the bar. Man were they cheesed, especially when I just stoodf up and started clapping...

DrCrawdad
08-29-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by bobj4400
It is so sweet to hear Chimp and Steve cry and moan about the Flub bullpen after the cocky, smug comments they make all telecast long.

Steve The Nasal Whiner Stone is about as smug and arrogant as you can get.

I just loved it when Robinson hit the double seconds after The Nasal Whiner said that Robinson doesn't hit the Cubbies.

Their bullpen implosion is amusing too because Chip The Excitable Boy and Nasal Whiner have said that the Cubbies have a better bullpen than Houston.

jabrch
08-29-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

Cheeses, at this point, I am not concerned about the Cubs. I would happily have the Cubs win the rest of their games and make it to the World Series if we were able to do it. I want the Sox to win. Then I want KC to lose. Then Minnesota to lose. If the Cubs win or lose, as long as 1 - 3 happened, I couldn't care less. Sure it is nice to see them lose...That is very niec, when put on top of a Sox win. It is kinda like whipped cream on a hotfudge sunday. However, when the Sox lose, and then the Cubs lose, it is more like whipped cream on S*IT. I don't get one bit of pleasure from whipped cream on S*IT...not one bit.

Go White Sox!

Chisox353014
08-29-2003, 11:19 AM

:prozac
Geez, settle down. Call it petty or whatever, but the last thing I need as a Sox fan after yesterday's horror is to see the Scrubs win too. I want the Sox in the playoffs and the Flubs home watching us, but if we don't make it I sure as hell don't want to see them make it either. 1998 was unbearable enough.

MHOUSE
08-29-2003, 04:38 PM
Talk about bullpen problems. The Cubs are reeling after two huge implosions against St. Louis. First Farnsworth and now Remlinger. Dusty said that he's putting Alfonsucka into the set-up role instead of Kyle "Urlacher" Farnsworth. There's an improvement!