PDA

View Full Version : Poll

MaggPipes
08-26-2001, 03:10 PM
Ok, lets take a vote, who do you want traded this winter......

Lee-get rid of his bad D, let Rowand play Left, Borchard in CF, and have Konerko play 1b and THomas DH

Konerko-and have Thomas with his weak arm and bad glove play 1b, have Mr. No-range Lee play and make it harder for Borchard to play CF...

Daver
08-26-2001, 03:43 PM
Moot point at this time we may not have baseball till july.

voodoochile
08-26-2001, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by MaggPipes
Ok, lets take a vote, who do you want traded this winter......

Lee-get rid of his bad D, let Rowand play Left, Borchard in CF, and have Konerko play 1b and THomas DH

Konerko-and have Thomas with his weak arm and bad glove play 1b, have Mr. No-range Lee play and make it harder for Borchard to play CF...

How about Nnne of the Above... Honestly, why are we panicking and considering trading potential all stars at this point in the game.

FarWestChicago
08-26-2001, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

How about None of the Above... Honestly, why are we panicking and considering trading potential all stars at this point in the game.

Actually, I think a cyber-bong was being passed around by the Trade Carlos guys.

charlie browned
08-26-2001, 04:14 PM
Lee runs faster and has a better arm than Rowand, hits for power, and hits for average. Rowand might hit for average (not proven yet), does not hit for power, but might think a little better in the clutch. I'd take a Lee/Borchard/Ordonez OF anytime. Rowand should be in the lineup--at 2b (HAHAHAHA everybody says), and Durham traded for what value he has.

Daver
08-26-2001, 04:19 PM
Lee Faster than Rowand?
Wanna share whatever you are smoking with the rest of us?

charlie browned
08-26-2001, 04:37 PM
I believe he is. Although not a true indicator of speed, he has 15 SB, 6 CS (35% CS rate--better than Durham, far better than Singleton). Rowand is 3 or 4 at the major league level (25% CS rate, suboptimal sample)--but Lee goes from 1st to 3rd very well--I'd like to see timed 40's and 100's for both.

FarWestChicago
08-26-2001, 04:44 PM
I'd like to see timed 40's and 100's for both.

Just don't use the guy who timed Canseco at 4.3 in the 40. I don't think his stopwatch works right. :)

Daver
08-26-2001, 04:45 PM
Lee would never catch up with Rowands shadow in the 100.

Lets face it neither of them have Julio speed.

FarWestChicago
08-26-2001, 04:50 PM
Lets face it neither of them have Julio speed.

:gun

They don't have my arm either!

:caballo

Yeah. At least I know how to use a baseball bat.

Daver
08-26-2001, 05:02 PM
:gun

I know how to use a bat,how do you think I kill the roaches in those cheap hotels we minor leaugers live in?

FarWestChicago
08-26-2001, 05:08 PM
I know how to use a bat,how do you think I kill the roaches in those cheap hotels we minor leaugers live in?

:hitless

Really? I always wondered what we were supposed to do with those big sticks.

charlie browned
08-26-2001, 05:12 PM
sorry--Lee at 15 for 21 has a better CS percentage than Durham (28.6% vs. 29.6%) or Singleton (12 for 23), CS percentage 47.8%

Daver
08-26-2001, 05:13 PM
That is why you win the Brown Bat Award Royce.

Jerry_Manuel
08-26-2001, 05:18 PM
How about Nnne of the Above... Honestly, why are we panicking and considering trading potential all stars at this point in the game.

Well you have 6 players for 5 spots.
Thomas is going to be at DH, so if you put Rowand in left with Borchard in center where do you play Lee?

FarWestChicago
08-26-2001, 05:29 PM
Thomas is going to be at DH, so if you put Rowand in left with Borchard in center where do you play Lee?

LOL!! Why would you put Rowand in left over Lee except as a defensive replacement late in a game?

Daver
08-26-2001, 05:33 PM
Cause Lee won't be here?

Jerry_Manuel
08-26-2001, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
LOL!! Why would you put Rowand in left over Lee except as a defensive replacement late in a game?

I don't know West I'm just trying to find a way to get Lee, Borchard, Rowand and Ordonez in at the same time. With Frank at DH that can't happen unless you trade Konerko and put Lee at first base.

Jerry_Manuel
08-26-2001, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by daver
Cause Lee won't be here?

I'm crazy Daver.

:caballo
Yep I'm going to be the Bears tight end. Screw this baseball stuff.

Dadawg_77
08-26-2001, 05:42 PM
Why just a C? I would trade Lee but for SS or 2B.

Jerry_Manuel
08-26-2001, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Why just a C? I would trade Lee but for SS or 2B.

The 2nd baseman of the "future" is Tim Hummel.

Daver
08-26-2001, 05:47 PM
The same Tim Hummel that was the SS of the future.

FarWestChicago
08-26-2001, 05:51 PM
I don't know West I'm just trying to find a way to get Lee, Borchard, Rowand and Ordonez in at the same time. With Frank at DH that can't happen unless you trade Konerko and put Lee at first base.

I like Rowand. But, Caballo is a proven major league hitter. You don't get rid of him just so Rowand can get playing time. He is not proven.

Jerry_Manuel
08-26-2001, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by daver
The same Tim Hummel that was the SS of the future.

I don't know Daver, he is playing there now.

Jerry_Manuel
08-26-2001, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I like Rowand. But, Caballo is a proven major league hitter. You don't get rid of him just so Rowand can get playing time. He is not proven.

I agree, I don't want Carlos traded. That is why I said if your going to move someone it should be Konerko.

voodoochile
08-26-2001, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Well you have 6 players for 5 spots.

Why would Rowand start over Lee? Where is the guarantee that Borchard will be ready next year? Why not Lee, Borchard and Magglio in the outfield?

Seems pretty simple to me...

Jerry_Manuel
08-26-2001, 06:41 PM
Why would Rowand start over Lee? Where is the guarantee that Borchard will be ready next year? Why not Lee, Borchard and Magglio in the outfield?

Seems pretty simple to me...

Yeah I wasn't thinking clearly VC. Well there's also no guarantee of their being baseball next year either. I don't have a problem with Carlos, Joe and Magglio in the outfield but I would really hate to see Rowand riding the pine. It's an interesting problem that Williams has on his hands.