PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Flubs

daveb816
08-28-2003, 05:51 PM
I think that Cub-hating is overstressed by some, but check out these breaks:

1) Giles dealt to Padres just in time for 'Stros series this weekend. Cubs play Pirates 6 times and don't play Padres.

2) Cub-killer, red-hot Jenkins injures thumb today and is likely out for the season - just before Brew Crew - Flub series starts tomorrow.

LuvSox
08-28-2003, 05:53 PM
And I think some people pay too much attention to the Cubs. Who cares?

Steve Bartman
08-28-2003, 06:02 PM
Well, I care. I want the Cubs to lose every game they play.

Hangar18
08-28-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Cubsloseagain911
Well, I care. I want the Cubs to lose every game they play.

I second that notion. I hate this team with every fiber of my being. and its not because I hate them just to hate them. There are many many reasons. over 50,000 reasons and counting.......from their fans, to their players, to the medias one-way love for them, to their perceptions.............

soxwon
08-28-2003, 06:21 PM
i dont want to see the CUBS in the playoffs- i want US to be the only team.
if both make it everyone will talk about the cubs.
id rather have neither team make it than have the cubs there.
i know we will be there.

LuvSox
08-28-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I second that notion. I hate this team with every fiber of my being. and its not because I hate them just to hate them. There are many many reasons. over 50,000 reasons and counting.......from their fans, to their players, to the medias one-way love for them, to their perceptions.............

I understand where you are coming from. I hate them more than anyone else on this planet. I'm just tired of hearing about them. More than losing, I wish they would just go away all together.

bc2k
08-28-2003, 11:36 PM
Anyone see Edmonds's double play? Wow! For those of you who didn't: The game was tied at two. The Cubs had Goodwin on third with one out. Fly ball to medium center, Edmonds jumps to make the second out, then steps and fires a strike to Matheney (no bounce) to get Goodwin at the plate. When seeing this live, I had already conceded Goodwin scoring, then I became amazed at how far Goodwin was from the plate when tagged. Cubbies lose, cubbies lose.

Dusty said Farnsworth has probably lost his setup role after last night, and now Remlinger gives up the walk-off homer tonight. Borowski is not having the success he had in the first half and we all know about Alfonseca. Another solid pitching performance from a Cub starter = another loss for the Cubs bullpen. Series win for the Cards, Cubbies solidify their mark in the Central--in third place.

St. Louis perfected the strategy of keeping the game close and waiting out the Cubbie starting pitchers, then jumped on their bullpen. I think the rest of the league will now aim to beat the Cubs in this fashion. Except for Estes.

cheeses_h_rice
08-28-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
Anyone see Edmonds's double play? Wow! For those of you who didn't: The game was tied at two. The Cubs had Goodwin on third with one out. Fly ball to medium center, Edmonds jumps to make the second out, then steps and fires a strike to Matheney (no bounce) to get Goodwin at the plate. When seeing this live, I had already conceded Goodwin scoring, then I became amazed at how far Goodwin was from the plate when tagged. Cubbies lose, cubbies lose.

I missed that play, but I thought it was Glanville that got nailed at home? I heard it wasn't even close.

bc2k
08-28-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I missed that play, but I thought it was Glanville that got nailed at home? I heard it wasn't even close.

My mistake, I think it was Glanville.