PDA

View Full Version : Does Manuel Hate Buerhle?


SouthBendSox
08-28-2003, 04:40 PM
Honestly-

does he

he's still never pitched at Yankee Stadium

Hawk and Dj were strongly implying that JB was mad as hell

Of course, he seems to hate Garland too

bobj4400
08-28-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by SouthBendSox
Hawk and Dj were strongly implying that JB was mad as hell



Who is JB?

PaleHoseGeorge
08-28-2003, 04:45 PM
I'm not sure if Manuel hates Buehrle, but it has become painfully obvious he has his favorites. That's yet another reason to fire his ass. This man has no business being given the responsiblities of a major league manager.

Ignore this man -----------------> :jerry

koch44
08-28-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by bobj4400
Who is JB?


:JB

bobj4400
08-28-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by koch44
:JB

I know that JB, but why would he care if Buehrle or Cotts started today?

mandmandm
08-28-2003, 04:50 PM
Do players have a curfew?

soxruleEP
08-28-2003, 05:07 PM
Everytime I hear Manuel referred to as Ghandi I want to puke.

He is a vindictive little twerp, jealous of players who have more talent than he had, a baseball moron who relies on the "book" to make his decisions for him with a decided inability to see the importance of EVERY game.

Manuel is an idiot.

kermittheefrog
08-28-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by SouthBendSox
Honestly-

does he

he's still never pitched at Yankee Stadium

Hawk and Dj were strongly implying that JB was mad as hell

Of course, he seems to hate Garland too

I can't stand Manuel he loves crappy players like Clayton, Singleton and Sandy Alomar and gives them tons of leeway. He hates god players like Buehrle, Garland and Thomas. It doesn't make any damn sense.

34 Inch Stick
08-28-2003, 05:23 PM
Not to mention crappy coaches like Nardi Contreras. But what do I know? I'm not a sportswriter.

LASOXFAN
08-28-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
I can't stand Manuel he loves crappy players like Clayton, Singleton and Sandy Alomar and gives them tons of leeway. He hates god players like Buehrle, Garland and Thomas. It doesn't make any damn sense.

Maybe it's because he was a crappy player with a lifetime BA of something like .166. Now he's on his way to becoming known as a crappy manager.

THE CURSE OF 2000!!

voodoochile
08-28-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
I can't stand Manuel he loves crappy players like Clayton, Singleton and Sandy Alomar and gives them tons of leeway. He hates god players like Buehrle, Garland and Thomas. It doesn't make any damn sense.

It does if you look at it from his perspective. Manuel was an all hustle no talent player and those are the kinds of guys he tends to prefer.

DSpivack
08-28-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Manuel was an all hustle no talent player and those are the kinds of guys he tends to prefer.

And Buehrle isn't an all hustle player? Oh, right, Manuel's problem with Buehrle must be the talent part. Man, just think if we had a decent manager where this team would be.

voodoochile
08-28-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by DSpivack
And Buehrle isn't an all hustle player? Oh, right, Manuel's problem with Buehrle must be the talent part. Man, just think if we had a decent manager where this team would be.

Yep, he's jealous of the guys who can do what he only dreams of and he tries to bring them down a peg whenever he can. I honestly believe this to be true...

RKMeibalane
08-28-2003, 10:08 PM
This situation reminds me of a post that PHG made earlier in the season. It went something like this:

:hurt :maggs

"If you're good, you don't play."

:walnuts :weewillie

"And if you're not good, you do play until you're good."

:jerry

"Exactly! And remember, everything I say is meaningless. I'm liable to change my mind with the next lineup card I fill out."

Disclaimer: This post was typed entirely from memory. I believe you can find the original in the July 6 Game Thread vs. Tampa Bay.

gosox41
08-28-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
I can't stand Manuel he loves crappy players like Clayton, Singleton and Sandy Alomar and gives them tons of leeway. He hates god players like Buehrle, Garland and Thomas. It doesn't make any damn sense.

Makes JM sound like a frustrated ex-jock that couldn't cut it.

Bob

LASOXFAN
08-29-2003, 12:14 AM
I've had about 8 hours to cool down and I have to say that if Buehrle had never said anything about feeling "tight" then none of this would've happened. And I can't imagine him saying something to Herm and JM and Coop unless he was concerned himself. These guys have all kinds of aches and pains over the course of the season. When your pitching arm gives you trouble you should be concerned.

Manuel says he doesn't want a repeat of 2000 when arms were spent. Some questionable pitching matchups aside, that's not why we lost that October. I'll turn the floor over to Frank Thomas to answer that question.