PDA

View Full Version : Corpseball is back

SoxFanDan
08-28-2003, 02:04 PM
Thank Jerry

Viva Magglio
08-28-2003, 02:05 PM
I think will lose the Detroit series. For certain.

npdempse
08-28-2003, 02:48 PM
Just what in tarnation are you people talking about?! Seven hits through 4 2/3, oh yeah, corpseball. Wright's allowed one hit since he's come in. Definitely a bunch of zombies out there.

One odd managerial move and suddenly this place is like Edgewater, bunches of mental patients babbling aimlessly.

Chill!

inta
08-28-2003, 02:52 PM
what the hell are you talking about?
we're hitting mussina pretty well and have scored 3.
we've out hit the yankees and would be winning if not for those half million walks cotts gave up.

wright is on fire. everett is 3/3. there is no corposeball.
just a manager with a cadavers brain.

MarqSox
08-28-2003, 02:55 PM
Yeah, I gotta agree with the other guys. 3 runs in 5 innings off Mussina is very respectable.

SouthBendSox
08-28-2003, 02:57 PM
corpse

ball

bobj4400
08-28-2003, 03:00 PM
who are we kidding?? this is not a bad game so far. Cotts was terrible...besides that, we have looked great. When we dont have a 7 run inning, it is considered corpse ball???? C'mon people...let's be real.

FoulTerritory
08-28-2003, 03:02 PM
I will agree that if history is any indicator, corpseball could be on the return if we lose this game. It seems like its always a tough loss usually accented by a bad managerial decision that triggers a losing streak. aka, Koch blowing the game #1 in Tampa on the 4th of July, and then JM using the junior varsity lineup in the rubber match at Seattle. Both of these instances were followed by about a week of corpseball.

Not saying that it will return . . . . but . . . . . there is a chance, as this game has some emotional and mental (manuel) similarities to these other instances.

At this point, a stint of corpseball would probably end our playoff hopes.

A.T. Money
08-28-2003, 03:06 PM
This isn't corpseball. This game was a gift to the Yankees before the first pitch. See the "Tinker Tinker" thread for details.

Did you honestly think that we were going to beat the Yankees, and their patient hitters with Mr. Baseonballs? I don't think so.

fledgedrallycap
08-28-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
This isn't corpseball. This game was a gift to the Yankees before the first pitch. See the "Tinker Tinker" thread for details.

Did you honestly think that we were going to beat the Yankees, and their patient hitters with Mr. Baseonballs? I don't think so.

Hopefully we can get in the Yankee pen and if won't matter who the hell started this game...

FoulTerritory
08-28-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by SoxDemon

I'm not saying that THIS GAME is corpseball, but merely that previous bouts of corpse ball have followed manuel "giving away games" as you have suggested. especially that seattle game with the JV lineup, and when JM brought in Koch to blow the game against tampa (which also wasn't a corpseball game) when everyone knew Koch had lost all his stuff by then.

The players tend to go into a funk everytime JM gives a game away with his stupidity. Yet he still does this crap, even though he knows how sensitive his team is to momentum.

mandmandm
08-28-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap
Hopefully we can get in the Yankee pen and if won't matter who the hell started this game...

Becuase the Sox have always faired well against Nelson?

CHISOXFAN13
08-28-2003, 03:17 PM
Nelson can't pitch three innings and the rest of their pen is subpar. Even Rivera has been hittable.

inta
08-28-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by FoulTerritory
I will agree that if history is any indicator, corpseball could be on the return if we lose this game. It seems like its always a tough loss usually accented by a bad managerial decision that triggers a losing streak. aka, Koch blowing the game #1 in Tampa on the 4th of July, and then JM using the junior varsity lineup in the rubber match at Seattle. Both of these instances were followed by about a week of corpseball.

Not saying that it will return . . . . but . . . . . there is a chance, as this game has some emotional and mental (manuel) similarities to these other instances.

At this point, a stint of corpseball would probably end our playoff hopes.

this is just paranoia on your part, and bizarre logic.
and if you'll remember correctly...after the sox lost the rubber match with seattle they took 2/3 from KC at home and took 2/3 from oakland.

FoulTerritory
08-28-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by inta
this is just paranoia on your part, and bizarre logic.
and if you'll remember correctly...after the sox lost the rubber match with seattle they took 2/3 from KC at home and took 2/3 from oakland.

Ah, i do apologize, as i had forgotten about the successful KC series, you are right about that.

But . . . as far as paranoia.

Exuse me for being paranoid of Jerry Manuels decision making.

There is nothing to worry about.

daveb816
08-28-2003, 03:42 PM
'I think will lose the Detroit series. For certain.'

'Think' and 'for certain' don't go together.

They are losing one game to the Yankees best starter and they can't beat Detroit?!? They have Buehrle, Garland, and Esteban going!!!

Learn how to handle a loss without going off the deep end!!!!

bobj4400
08-28-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by daveb816
Learn how to handle a loss without going off the deep end!!!!

Thank You!

But I still must say...

:firejerry