PDA

View Full Version : Forget Playoffs...jerry Still Manager

Medford Bobby
08-28-2003, 12:55 PM
It's great, watching ESPN announcers rip Jerry for not starting Buehrle today in a huge game where we could sweep the Yankmees. AS long as Jerry keeps pulling these brain-lesss moves, the Sox will never make it to the playoffs..........Now the questions is, is Jerry worse than Boom Boom Bevington as worst manager ever??????????????????

:jerry "Who knew Cotts would only be good for 1 inning in a HUGE game to win the division, Cause it would make no sense to start Cotts against the Tigers, man they'd eat him up"" :whiner:

FJA
08-28-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Medford Bobby
It's great, watching ESPN announcers rip Jerry for not starting Buehrle today in a huge game where we could sweep the Yankmees. AS long as Jerry keeps pulling these brain-lesss moves, the Sox will never make it to the playoffs..........Now the questions is, is Jerry worse than Boom Boom Bevington as worst manager ever??????????????????

:jerry "Who knew Cotts would only be good for 1 inning in a HUGE game to win the division, Cause it would make no sense to start Cotts against the Tigers, man they'd eat him up"" :whiner:

I think this decision might just be worse than calling to the non-existant pitcher warming up. At least that was funny.

MarqSox
08-28-2003, 01:07 PM
Now the questions is, is Jerry worse than Boom Boom Bevington as worst manager ever??????????????????
No. As pissed as I am right now at Manuel, he's not even in the same ballpark as BevyBall. If Manuel belongs at Class A ball, Bevy is suited for high school bench coach. :whiner:

PaleHoseGeorge
08-28-2003, 01:27 PM
Boomer was fired for not being able to handle the media. Calling for a reliever who wasn't warmed up was not cited by either Schueler or Reinsdorf when Bevington's contract wasn't renewed.

The real mess of this situation isn't that Cotts got shelled. The real issue is the controversy Manuel himself propagated this entire week with his public comments (read by us and the ballplayers) that left everyone confused and deflated--including Cotts. In this respect there isn't a ray of sunlight between what Manuel has done and what Bevington did to get fired.

After six years, Manuel must go. :angry:

Mammoo
08-28-2003, 03:50 PM
I wonder what Kenny Williams is thinking right now. I bet his stomach is churning something awful! :angry:

soxruleEP
08-28-2003, 04:02 PM
As bad a Bevington was (and he was awful) I never felt as if he were doing things specifically to lose a game.

I do feel this way about manuel. Before today's game even began, he has decided it didn't matter if we won or lost.

Manuel is an idiot.

LASOXFAN
08-28-2003, 04:12 PM
Who is harder to beat, the Yankees or the Tigers?

I'm just at a loss to describe how frustrating it is to know we have a good team but a completely worthless leader whose move today demonstrates that he will ruin this season. A chance to maintain first place. A chance to sweep the Yankees. A chance to reward one of your best pitchers with a deserving trip to the mound in the Bronx. A chance to send a rookie to the mound in Detroit with a very good chance of winning and boosting his confidence.

As bad as we feel about this move, imagine how the players must feel.

Yeah, that bad.

:angry: :(: :?:

Lip Man 1
08-28-2003, 05:25 PM
What does it say about the organization (and ownership) that Tampa Bay can have a manager of the caliber of Lou Piniella while the Sox continue to trot out managers like Gene Lamont, Terry Bevington and Jerry Manuel?

Lip

Procol Harum
08-28-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
What does it say about the organization (and ownership) that Tampa Bay can have a manager of the caliber of Lou Piniella while the Sox continue to trot out managers like Gene Lamont, Terry Bevington and Jerry Manuel?

Lip

What you said, Lip.

OEO Magglio
08-28-2003, 05:50 PM
You know what give Manuel a break the tigers and the yankees are pretty equal offensive clubs. Seriously Manuel is an idiot we lost a game no big deal it's going to happen, but the thing is we didn't have to lose this game if Buehrle starts, chances are we win, and if Cotts starts tomorrow he's obviously going to be much better, but we won the series so Manuel doesn't think this game matters at all, but our stupid manager has to realize when your in a pennant race every game matters.

MarkV
08-28-2003, 06:17 PM
Jerry Manuel is the worst manager ever! I've wanted him gone since he blew the 2000 ALDS. If we win the World Series or just make the playoffs, it'll be in spite of this retard. His players hate him. Why do you think Buehrle didn't want to sign a long-term contract? Garland will leave as soon as he gets the chance, too. Manuel has screwed him over almost as much as he's screwed over Buehrle. He's the reason Foulke is gone. And, why is it that Frank Thomas' career has gone downhill after the 1997 season? There's a direct correlation to Manuel. I urge all season ticket holders to give it to Reinsdorf for not firing Manuel, if Reinsdorf shows up at the season ticket holder party this weekend.

:angry: MANUEL MUST GO!!!! :angry:

CLR01
08-28-2003, 06:21 PM
"Who knew Cotts would only be good for 1 inning in a HUGE game to win the division, Cause it would make no sense to start Cotts against the Tigers, man they'd eat him up"

How was today’s game a "HUGE" game to win the division? Tomorrow’s game is just a huge, as well as the next days and the next...and so on. Today’s game is no more important than any game we have left on the schedule and it takes a back seat to any game we have left against KC or Minn.

Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Lip

The high caliber manager and his organization have the 2nd worst record in the league. I suppose that doesn’t say anything about the team huh? Jerry must be doing something right in all his stupidity. Should i send your new hat and jersey to your home or office?

Lip Man 1
08-29-2003, 02:12 AM
CLR says: "Should i send your new hat and jersey to your home or office?"

Thanks! I consider that a great compliment...after all never having managed a day at the major league level didn't stop the Sox from hiring Lamont, Bevington and Manuel did it?

My only point about Piniella (and I'm sorry it was over your head) was that as bad as Tampa Bay has been they went out and got a quality manager to turn things around. Their record this year doesn't show it but the Devil Rays have been playing harder under Piniella and that will eventually translate into wins when they get more quality players.

Just imagine what the Sox might have been able to do the past few years (especially this one) if they had a "quality" manager?

Like my late Dad used to always say "you get what you pay for..."

Lip