PDA

View Full Version : KC's roster turnover

gosox41
08-28-2003, 11:36 AM
There's been talk as to why KC hasn't faded yet like most (including me) expected them too. I think I may have one explanation. Since June, KC has turned over 1/3 of their roster. They've acquired 3 relievers (Leskanic, Levine, and I forget the other.) They also acquired Appier, Lima, Abbott, and Anderson for their starting staff. That's 4/5 of their rotation who weren't around in April. Granted some have been on and off the DL, but that's a lot of moves. Lastly, they just traded for Rondell White.

That's 8 out of 25 players who weren't here when KC started off on fire. It may explain why KC hasn't faded like we thought despite the fact that their run differentials are umimpressive.

Can anyone think of a time when legitimately in a pennant race did such major tinkering to a roster?

Bob

hold2dibber
08-28-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
There's been talk as to why KC hasn't faded yet like most (including me) expected them too. I think I may have one explanation. Since June, KC has turned over 1/3 of their roster. They've acquired 3 relievers (Leskanic, Levine, and I forget the other.) They also acquired Appier, Lima, Abbott, and Anderson for their starting staff. That's 4/5 of their rotation who weren't around in April. Granted some have been on and off the DL, but that's a lot of moves. Lastly, they just traded for Rondell White.

That's 8 out of 25 players who weren't here when KC started off on fire. It may explain why KC hasn't faded like we thought despite the fact that their run differentials are umimpressive.

Can anyone think of a time when legitimately in a pennant race did such major tinkering to a roster?

Bob

Another reason they haven't faded is because they have a really good manager who gets his players to play really hard all the time, have fun, and stay loose.

Paulwny
08-28-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by gosox41

Bob

The yankee pen has had a major overhall since the season started, at least 5-6 changes plus the additions of Garcia, Boone and I think Delucci.

FJA
08-28-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Paulwny
The yankee pen has had a major overhall since the season started, at least 5-6 changes plus the additions of Garcia, Boone and I think Delucci.

The Red Sox bullpen is almost 100% different than it was early in the season.