PDA

View Full Version : And Another Thing

34 Inch Stick
08-28-2003, 09:46 AM
Do you really want to give a team that is famous for taking games off (especially get away afternoon games) the impression that you are conceding this afternoon's game?

Just start the B team and send everyone on the early flight to Detroit.

hold2dibber
08-28-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Do you really want to give a team that is famous for taking games off (especially get away afternoon games) the impression that you are conceding this afternoon's game?

Just start the B team and send everyone on the early flight to Detroit.

JM's use of the Jr. Varsity squad in the 3rd game when the Sox have won the 1st two has annoyed the crap out of me for years. I understand that players have to be rested, by why does JM have to rest 'em all at the same time? If he starts Rowand, Harris, Graffy, etc. today, I am going to be steamed.

mandmandm
08-28-2003, 10:09 AM
I think JM has handled the Burhle situation poorly but he has had a set lineup for the most part since the allstart break. Sox have two off days next week and can not afford to rest the stars with KC on our heels. I think he will stick with the same lineup but would not be suprised if JM did the complete opposite.

daveb816
08-28-2003, 10:09 AM
I'll be very surprised if the regular lineup vs. righties isn't in there today. Why? Because, that lineup has been there EVERY GAME SINCE THE ALL-STAR BREAK. The only so-called 'tinkering' vs. RH pitchers has been the occasional Daubach start instead of Konerko and at catcher. Even then, Daubach bats in Paulie's #6 slot and catcher stays #9.

I know he's done this Sunday-lineup thing often in the past, but he hasn't since the All-Star break vs. RH pitchers.

gosox41
08-28-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
JM's use of the Jr. Varsity squad in the 3rd game when the Sox have won the 1st two has annoyed the crap out of me for years. I understand that players have to be rested, by why does JM have to rest 'em all at the same time? If he starts Rowand, Harris, Graffy, etc. today, I am going to be steamed.

Even JM couldn't be that dumb. Not in the middle of a pennant race with 29 games left and a 1 game lead and 2 off days coming up next week.

Bob