PDA

View Full Version : Frank Thomas

chisoxfanatic
08-28-2003, 01:23 AM
The Big Hurt's been on a MEAN tear lately...Tearing the cover off of EVERYTHING he sees!!! He's a man on a mission with only a championship in sight...He hasn't played very well on the road until now, and I'm thinking that he may slightly have revenge on his mind for Giambi going to the all star game over him. This man is in a zone that is quite uncommon, and if he doesn't get considered for the MVP award, I'd be in shock if he continues like this.

Geeterman1
08-28-2003, 03:08 AM
I just want to see him take the Home Run Title, I know he's taken the batting title, but has Thomas ever had the most homers in the league????

inta
08-28-2003, 03:41 AM
i'll chant M-V-P every time he comes to bat and I'm at the park.

BUT. he hasn't been consistent all year.
a .270 average wont win him an MVP trophy.

but to me this guy is the sox MVP. he's stepped up HUGE in games that matter.

gosox41
08-28-2003, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by Geeterman1
I just want to see him take the Home Run Title, I know he's taken the batting title, but has Thomas ever had the most homers in the league????

I don't recall him ever winning a home run title.

Bob

gosox41
08-28-2003, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by inta
i'll chant M-V-P every time he comes to bat and I'm at the park.

BUT. he hasn't been consistent all year.
a .270 average wont win him an MVP trophy.

but to me this guy is the sox MVP. he's stepped up HUGE in games that matter.

Assuming the Sox win the division, Frank could lose a lot of votes to Magglio in the MVP race.

Bob

Shoeless Joe
08-28-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Geeterman1
The closest Frank has gotten to a HR Crown was back in 2000 when he was four short (43) of Troy Glaus (47) and was tied with Jason Giambi. I honestly don't think he is going to win it but it would be hard to deny him some MVP consideration if he continues with so many big hits.

jabrch
08-28-2003, 08:34 AM
he should take that Aluminum bat of his under the covers with him at night...He is mashing!

rcescato
08-28-2003, 09:24 AM
The Big Hurt is on an unbelievable tear. I hope he has the best month of his career in September. An MVP award and Home Run title will only carry this team into October and a championship.

Go BIG Frank and GO SOX!!!!

valposoxfan
08-28-2003, 11:34 AM
The Big Hurt's been on a MEAN tear lately...Tearing the cover off of EVERYTHING she sees!!!

From what I can recall, Frank is a male...

Couldn't pass it up... :smile:

No, but Frank is just absolutely locked in right now. And that is huge because the Sox NEED him in the last thirty or so games. KC hasn't gone away yet and we need all the bats we can get to fight off those guys. As for the MVP, I really don't see Frank winning it with a .270 batting average. I think Maggs will get it over Frank if it were to go to a Sox player...despite all this though, Frank has been huge since coming back from that terrible road trip and this needs to be kept up. Please God let it stay...

mandmandm
08-28-2003, 11:37 AM
Does Estaban have any chance at MVP? I have not been following the MVP race but are there many offensive players who have carried their teams like Estaban has? If it were not for him we would be duking it out with Cleveland for third place.