pleasesay burly

Daver
08-27-2003, 10:06 PM
:chopper

Put me in coach!

cheeses_h_rice
08-27-2003, 10:06 PM
:jerry

I'm looking for one of those Indian-lady gold dollars, so I can do my usual coin-flip.

Give me a minute, OK?

SoxFanDan
08-27-2003, 10:07 PM
does anyone know???

cheeses_h_rice
08-27-2003, 10:09 PM
It's either Buehrle or Cotts, but supposedly not decided yet.

I think the Sox would be crazy to put Cotts out there. It'd be almost an admission that that third game didn't matter that much.

Save Cotts for Friday, I say.

FJA
08-27-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by SoxFanDan
does anyone know???

I read in the paper this morning that it was "99.5%" Buehrle (quote from Manuel).

I haven't seen anything official yet, and it's Manuel, but I would be very surprised if it's NOT Buehrle.

SoxFanDan
08-27-2003, 10:10 PM
buerhle sounds excited to pitch at ny. lets get a sweep.

LuvSox
08-27-2003, 10:11 PM

"Parque gets the start. No, make that Biddle. Wait, I'll change it to Baldwin. Nope, hold on. Sean Lowe gets the spot start. We're gonna sweep the Mets!"

MRKARNO
08-27-2003, 10:11 PM
I wont believe it's buehrle until I see him on the mound

and even then I dont know if I'll believe it

oheeoh...magglio
08-27-2003, 10:15 PM
I would MUCH rather see buehrle pitch, but if we keep scoring 10+ runs a day, i don't think it matters who pitches, so hopefully the offense keeps it up.

FJA
08-27-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox

"Parque gets the start. No, make that Biddle. Wait, I'll change it to Baldwin. Nope, hold on. Sean Lowe gets the spot start. We're gonna sweep the Mets!"

"OK, I've decided. C'mon over ace and meet the men and women of WSI."

:jaime

"Remember me?"

Procol Harum
08-27-2003, 10:17 PM
Julie Swieca just said on the Score that before the game Cooper said that if they won tonight then they would probably start Cotts tomorrow. Here's hopin' that ain't the case...

cheeses_h_rice
08-27-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
Julie Swieca just said on the Score that before the game Cooper said that if they won tonight then they would probably start Cotts tomorrow. Here's hopin' that ain't the case...

That's idiotic logic. It's almost like saying, "OK, we've taken 2 of 3, so we're satisfied with our work here." Cotts may be a decent pitcher, but Yankee Stadium is not like pitching at Comerica or Tropicana.

Is JM aware that we only have a 1-game lead on KC, still?

I sure do like a refreshing bag of Lay's KC Masterpiece barbecue potato chips now and then.

TornLabrum
08-27-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by FJA
I read in the paper this morning that it was "99.5%" Buehrle (quote from Manuel).

Then Cotts it is!

Procol Harum
08-27-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
That's idiotic logic. It's almost like saying, "OK, we've taken 2 of 3, so we're satisfied with our work here." Cotts may be a decent pitcher, but Yankee Stadium is not like pitching at Comerica or Tropicana.

Yeah it seems a little too close to settling for 2 out of 3, I can't imagine Cotts wouldn't be real nervous at YS. The fact that we've beaten the Yanks twice already and have gained no ground would seem to me to impart a little bit of a sense of urgency in trying to extend the lead instead of praying that maybe Cotts will give us 5 acceptable innings and that Sox bats are still hoppin.' Of course, then, I don't pretend to know what's goin' on inside of Manuel's big melon.

TornLabrum
08-27-2003, 10:30 PM

I sure do like a refreshing bag of Lay's KC Masterpiece barbecue potato chips now and then.

Well, the guys need rest, since they haven't had an off-day since Monday. So it'll be Cotts and replacements for Alomar, Thomas, Ordonez, and Lee.

cheeses_h_rice
08-27-2003, 10:33 PM
In all seriousness, I am nervous about tomorrow being a day game, and the Sox losing their intensity after 2 mega-poundings of Yankee pitching. That probably is the biggest reason for using Burly -- he works quick, and if he's on, he can relax the team and allow the offense to leisurely do their thing.

Cotts would be nervous, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him give up 4-5 runs in the first few innings. Somehow, the "day game" Sox don't have the same firepower as the night game Sox of late.

SoxFanDan
08-27-2003, 10:34 PM
ESPN just said Cotts is pitching.

lets see what you got kid

Procol Harum
08-27-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Well, the guys need rest, since they haven't had an off-day since Monday. So it'll be Cotts and replacements for Alomar, Thomas, Ordonez, and Lee.

Good grief, I fear you are a prophet, it has the ring of truth about it--the only thing limiting Manuel's substitutions are the 25-man roster.....FEAR THE SEPTEMBER CALL-UPS!

sox_fan_forever
08-27-2003, 10:42 PM
In all seriousness, I am nervous about tomorrow being a day game, and the Sox losing their intensity after 2 mega-poundings of Yankee pitching. That probably is the biggest reason for using Burly -- he works quick, and if he's on, he can relax the team and allow the offense to leisurely do their thing.

Cotts would be nervous, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him give up 4-5 runs in the first few innings. Somehow, the "day game" Sox don't have the same firepower as the night game Sox of late.

I agree that it seems like the Sox play better at night, but I believe they have played above .500 during the day this year. I heard the statistic the other day. I can't remember what it was, but I was pleasently surprised to find out how well they have played during the day this year. I hope I am remembering this right. Does anyone else know what their record during day games is this year?

Procol Harum
08-27-2003, 10:44 PM
Sox are 24-18 during the day.

cheeses_h_rice
08-27-2003, 11:16 PM
Ugh.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-030827soxnotes,1,2472294.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

So, JM says there's a 99.9% Burly is going to get to start tomorrow, and then changes his mind to Cotts because the Sox won tonight? Unreal.

If we can win tomorrow with NC on the bump, that will be huge. But if we lose tomorrow, it's going to be something that might possibly haunt this team down the road.

Dadawg_77
08-27-2003, 11:37 PM
An optimistic point, the Yankees posters over at Baseball Primer, said the Sox,... I mean Yankees don't hit pitchers they are seeing for the first time.