PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Tonight can kiss my A**!


ChiSox14305635
08-27-2003, 10:46 PM
I know this may seem trivial, but screw those "East Coast Bias" loving bastards! Sox blow out the team with the best record in the AL for the 2nd night in a row, and they still manage to put 5-6 other highlights in front of them? To hell with those di*kheads! They put HOU-LA, CUBS-STL, BOS-TOR (You know with Gammons on there, the Red Sox have to be on immediately, so he can gush about them some more) and a few others, and then, when they came back then brought the Sox-Yanks. Normally, the Yanks are always one of their 1st highlights. Blatant disrespect to the hottest 2nd half team of baseball. Screw you ESPN, and all of your dumba** analysts (except Dibble & Brantley)!

cheeses_h_rice
08-27-2003, 10:48 PM
Well, they did give the Sox a lot of press, talked up Bartolo Colon's great stuff tonight, and showed a LOT of highlights.

No complaints here. Not tonight.

Chisox TCB in NYC, baby!

:gulp:

Joel Perez
08-27-2003, 10:51 PM
Yeah, and on ESPN.Com, who do they lead off with??

:nocubs

F-in Scrubs. DIE NORTH SIDE, DIE!!!


:sopranos
Maybe, boys, we should take a ride to Bristol, eh?

FJA
08-27-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox14305635
I know this may seem trivial, but screw those "East Coast Bias" loving bastards! Sox blow out the team with the best record in the AL for the 2nd night in a row, and they still manage to put 5-6 other highlights in front of them? To hell with those di*kheads! They put HOU-LA, CUBS-STL, BOS-TOR (You know with Gammons on there, the Red Sox have to be on immediately, so he can gush about them some more) and a few others, and then, when they came back then brought the Sox-Yanks. Normally, the Yanks are always one of their 1st highlights. Blatant disrespect to the hottest 2nd half team of baseball. Screw you ESPN, and all of your dumba** analysts (except Dibble & Brantley)!

Uh, all they did was cover the NL races first, went to BOS-TOR to lead into Sox-Yanks (AL East), and then stopped the highlights to talk extensively about Sox-Yanks--mostly about the Sox and how dangerous they will be if they make the playoffs.

Plus, they came to BBTN from Cubs-Cards, so naturally those carryover fans are going to want to see what Houston did.

No problem here. There are media biases, but this example is not one of them.

But I also really like Dibble and Brantley. :D:

MRKARNO
08-27-2003, 10:55 PM
They said that the sox were gonna be dangerous in the playoffs and stopped short of calling them the best AL team

FJA
08-27-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Joel Perez
Yeah, and on ESPN.Com, who do they lead off with??

:nocubs

F-in Scrubs. DIE NORTH SIDE, DIE!!!


:sopranos
Maybe, boys, we should take a ride to Bristol, eh?

Again, I don't see the problem. The Cubs lost a close divisional game they shouldn't have lost (on national television, nonetheless), and not only did the Cards move ahead, but the Cubs fell further behind Houston. Sox-Yanks was great, but it was a blow-out--not a typical, dramatic national lead story. The Cubs lost a very, very important game. And the Cards won a very, very important game.

I am willing to bet that the Sox will be on the front page of ESPN.com if they sweep tomorrow.

Joel Perez
08-27-2003, 11:02 PM
Maybe it's just me being a Die-Hard White Sox fan for 29 years, but c'mon...a team that was struggling until the June trade just took out the Yankees AGAIN tonight, with David Wells pitching, and the best that ESPN can do is to write up about how well Kerry Wood did IN A LOSING EFFORT?

Any way to gain marketing and $$$$$. That's what is frustrating.

Anyway.... :gulp: Shiner Bocks to all my WSI friends, every one of you guys and gals from Texas!

Kilroy
08-27-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox14305635
I know this may seem trivial...

You're right, it was trivial. Come on. Nothing should be able to piss in your punch tonight...

MRKARNO
08-27-2003, 11:16 PM
Harold Reynolds called Bartolo's 95 MPH fastball that breaks in at the last second unhittable for lefties. That is the ultimate compliment IMHO. I've only heard such a similar comment made this year regarding Loaiza's cutter inside. Reynolds was raving about Colon's performance and I think Bartolo looked better tonight than in games past. The change and that fastball which cuts inside were both working REAL well. Gave up some runs and a lot of hits, but a lot seemed to be going his way and I'm not referring to ball/strike calls. Bartolo was also pitching 99 MPH, which is how fast the old bartolo pitched (actually 100 MPH sometimes, but it doesnt matter). Come September and October, this trade might be hailed big time, whereas it was called a bust by some writers

GoSox2K3
08-27-2003, 11:48 PM
Peter Gammons did say that the Sox would be "dangerous" if they made the playoffs because of their rotation of Loaiza, Colon, and Buerhle.

Not bad from the guy who said not too many weeks ago that the Sox should be contracted.

cheeses_h_rice
08-27-2003, 11:52 PM
Gammons just picked Esteban as his AL Cy Young winner, going by the season thus far.

Pretty cool.

cheeses_h_rice
08-27-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Gammons just picked Esteban as his AL Cy Young winner, going by the season thus far.

Pretty cool.

Correction: Gammons picked Esteban for the best pitcher in all of baseball!

(Gagne leads on the ESPN.com poll, though... :(: )