PDA

View Full Version : Is this great or what?

guillen4life13
08-27-2003, 09:33 PM
I'm pumped about the last few victories, especially these last two in Yankmee Stadium.

Even if they have come by the long ball... I think this is going to get them rolling with momentum that should last a long, long time.

It's not like they were close games either... these last two have shown that the Sox own the Yankees right now.

I wasn't a huge fan in 2000 yet, but is this reminding anyone else of that?

CHISOXFAN13
08-27-2003, 09:35 PM
Heck, only three of the runs came via the homer. This team had clutch hits tonight. a lot of extra base hits and solid base running (mins Paulie's gaffe in the fourth).

Saracen
08-27-2003, 09:36 PM
This is a beautiful thing:

Chicago's 24 runs the last two nights are the most by a visiting team at Yankee Stadium since the White Sox won 10-9 and 17-4 on June 17-18, 2000.

cheeses_h_rice
08-27-2003, 09:37 PM
This series is very reminiscent of the way the 2000 Sox bulldozed through NYC and Cleveland, and cemented the Sox as the legitimate AL Central champs.

I just wish we could gain a game on the Royals, playing this well.

WhiteSox = Life
08-27-2003, 09:39 PM
Despite the whole homer talk, the Sox haven't been swinging for the fences. They're taking the mistake pitches and hitting hard line drives and they're getting up, going deep and, part of the time, going out.

Bee-yootiful thing to see. Not to mention the pitching and defense has been great. The base-running has also been solid.

I love it.
:gulp:

Nick@Nite
08-27-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
Heck, only three of the runs came via the homer. This team had clutch hits tonight. a lot of extra base hits and solid base running (mins Paulie's gaffe in the fourth).

PK pulled another base running boner tonight? I saw last nights obligatory one-per-game base running snafu... but tonight? Again?

WhiteSox = Life
08-27-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by PinchALoaf
PK pulled another base running boner tonight? I saw last nights obligatory one-per-game base running snafu... but tonight? Again?

Yep. After doubling to CF, Konerko hung around second to tag on Crede's slice to the RF wall. It clearly wasn't going to be caught and Konerko could've went three-fourths of the way to third, but didn't. He wound up at third on Crede's double. After a soft hit ball to Boone at third base, Konerko tried to score and he was out by 10 feet.

Thankfully, it didn't matter.

:smile:

Nick@Nite
08-27-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
Yep. After doubling to CF, Konerko hung around second to tag on Crede's slice to the RF wall. It clearly wasn't going to be caught and Konerko could've went three-fourths of the way to third, but didn't. He wound up at third on Crede's double. After a soft hit ball to Boone at third base, Konerko tried to score and he was out by 10 feet.

Thankfully, it didn't matter.

:smile:

:smile: Thankfully :smile:

(Dang PK! :angry: )

WhiteSox = Life
08-27-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by PinchALoaf
:smile: Thankfully :smile:

(Dang PK! :angry: )

He was just trying to give Tony G. and Robbie a chance to get the big two-out hits.

:D:

pudge
08-27-2003, 11:03 PM
You weren't yet a fan in 2000, but your name is guillen4life?? So were you a fan in '85??

guillen4life13
08-28-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by pudge
You weren't yet a fan in 2000, but your name is guillen4life?? So were you a fan in '85??

Not a die-hard fan. When I was much younger, I went to quite a few games with family, and while I didn't really understand what was going on, I just took a liking to Ozzie. We had a Venezuelan exchange student at the time also, and his favorite Sox player was Ozzie, and that rubbed off on me.