PDA

View Full Version : great win tonight but...

cheeses_h_rice
08-27-2003, 10:30 PM
...but NOTHING!

Just wondering how many of you clicked this asking yourself what the hell us Sox fans have to complain about tonight?

I think the answer to that is clear -- WE HAVE NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT. PERIOD.

13-2
11-2

Chisox TCB in NYC, baby!

:gulp:

WhiteSox = Life
08-27-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
...but NOTHING!

Just wondering how many of you clicked this asking yourself what the hell us Sox fans have to complain about tonight?

I think the answer to that is clear -- WE HAVE NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT. PERIOD.

13-2
11-2

Chisox TCB in NYC, baby!

The Sox should've won by 10 again. That is very upsetting to me.

:D:

PaleHoseGeorge
08-27-2003, 10:36 PM
Cheeses, this team can't lay down a drag bunt to save its life. Sure it's great that we're beating the living **** out a team that has won 26 world championships and embarrassing them inside their own house, but if we can't sacrifice the runner to second base--mark my words--it will come back and bite us in the ass!!!

:)

dougs78
...but NOTHING!

13-2
11-2

Chisox TCB in NYC, baby!

Damn right. Lets go sox. This sweep would start to be reminiscent of the 2000 sweep that propelled us.

CHISOXFAN13
We've already won the series, so its time to make a huge statement to the entire AL tomorrow.

Let's finish the sweep. WOW, What a night.

Daver
08-27-2003, 10:37 PM
WE HAVE NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT. PERIOD.

I hate to point this out,but there was not a single sacrifice bunt made by the Sox in this game,not one.This team is incapable of manufacturing runs.

cheeses_h_rice
08-27-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Cheeses, this team can't lay down a drag bunt to save its life. Sure it's great that we're beating the living **** out a team that has won 26 world championships and embarrassing them inside their own house, but if we can't sacrifice the runner to second base--mark my words--it will come back and bite us in the ass!!!

:)

And how about that disgraceful baserunning by Paul Konerko? Sure, Tony Graffanino's triple erased the effect of him running to home on a short grounder, but still...

Procol Harum
08-27-2003, 11:02 PM
How about Colon's penchant for serving up the early gopher ball--he put us in a hole in what, the 2nd inning? Heck, if we hadn't scored those 11 runs we would've been in danger of losing 2-0 tonight!

Edit: Thought I'd better put the above in teal for some of the less perceptive-types around here.

By the by, Cheeses--ya got me!

I luv the sight of deserted box seats in Yankee Stadium...

Joel Perez
08-27-2003, 11:06 PM
We manufacture runs the AL way....by the long ball!
Seriously, as long as the Sox are smacking it, they're in the games, but they'll face some divisional pitching soon, and they have to always be on their A-game for them.

IN THE MEANTIME...WOOOHHOOOOO.... :gulp: Another Shiner Bock bites the dust!

cheeses_h_rice
08-27-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Joel Perez
We manufacture runs the AL way....by the long ball!
Seriously, as long as the Sox are smacking it, they're in the games, but they'll face some divisional pitching soon, and they have to always be on their A-game for them.

IN THE MEANTIME...WOOOHHOOOOO.... :gulp: Another Shiner Bock bites the dust!

But, tonight they only had 2 long balls, driving in only 3 of their 11 runs.

They were smacking a lot of doubles and even a triple by Tony G. I find that highly encouraging.

WhiteSox = Life
08-27-2003, 11:16 PM

They were smacking a lot of doubles and even a triple by Tony G. I find that highly encouraging.

A graphic was shown at the end of the game and I think it went a little bit like this:

In the two games against the Yankees, the Sox have hit 9 home runs, 8 doubles and 2 triples, for a total of 19 extra-base hits.

Now, that's a nice statistic.

Clembasbal
08-27-2003, 11:17 PM

Thomas, Robbie, and Konerko each hit one - that's 3. But at the same time I am so happy to see them score runs not just on HR's. To win bigger games (playoffs) they need to manufactor runs, and doubles and singles are go ways to get guys on base

cheeses_h_rice
08-27-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Clembasbal
Thomas, Robbie, and Konerko each hit one - that's 3. But at the same time I am so happy to see them score runs not just on HR's. To win bigger games (playoffs) they need to manufactor runs, and doubles and singles are go ways to get guys on base

Oops, I forgot about Paulie's -- that was the 11th run, wasn't it?

TornLabrum
08-27-2003, 11:27 PM
Oops, I forgot about Paulie's -- that was the 11th run, wasn't it?

A useless home run.

Clembasbal
08-27-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
A useless home run.

If it makes Pauly feel better about himself, then let it happen.

pudge
08-28-2003, 12:01 AM
Don't mean a thing if we go 0-3 in October.

But man, how much better is our staff than in 2000? A lot. I'm on the verge of getting excited... oh, one problem, we still have to get to October.

Eddie Gaedel
08-28-2003, 09:59 AM
...but NOTHING!

13-2
11-2

Chisox TCB in NYC, baby!

right on, right on! there's waaaaaay too much negativity on this board.

Rocky Soprano
08-28-2003, 10:22 AM
Now this is a thread I can :gulp: to.

Bucktown
08-28-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
How about Colon's penchant for serving up the early gopher ball--he put us in a hole in what, the 2nd inning? Heck, if we hadn't scored those 11 runs we would've been in danger of losing 2-0 tonight!

Edit: Thought I'd better put the above in teal for some of the less perceptive-types around here.

By the by, Cheeses--ya got me!

I luv the sight of deserted box seats in Yankee Stadium...
I have always had a problem with putting sarcasm in teal. If you say "hey this is a sarcastic statement," then it isn't sarcasm. The fact that it will go over the heads of some people is part of the joy of sarcasm. I refuse to teal.