PDA

View Full Version : What if....


34rancher
08-27-2003, 10:04 PM
I was looking at stats, and if people continue certain trends, we have the possibility for the following crowns:
1. Batting Crown (Magglio)
2. Home Runs (Frank)
3.ERA (Esteban)
4. Wins ( Esteban)
5. Doubles (Magglio)
6. Quality starts (entire staff)

Go get 'em guys.....

Daver
08-27-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by 34rancher
I was looking at stats, and if people continue certain trends, we have the possibility for the following crowns:
1. Batting Crown (Magglio)
2. Home Runs (Frank)
3.ERA (Esteban)
4. Wins ( Esteban)
5. Doubles (Magglio)
6. Quality starts (entire staff)

Go get 'em guys.....

I think the possibility exists that you could also add MVP-Frank.

There isn't really anyone tearing up the AL this year,and if he continues his current hot streak through the end of the season he could win it.

Lip Man 1
08-27-2003, 10:23 PM
The way the Sox "luck" is, they'll win all those honors and lose the division by a game.

Lip

MJL_Sox_Fan
08-27-2003, 10:29 PM
The only award I want is given out a little later in October.

MRKARNO
08-27-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by MJL_Sox_Fan
The only award I want is given out a little later in October.

Sox fans are greedy, we'll still be pissed if Loaiza misses the Cy Young even if we win the series. If Thomas remotely keeps this up, I think the MVP voters need to go ahead and ignore his ok average, look at the home run totals, when he hit them and how they have sparked this team to become one of the best in the AL.
Considering that the AL MVP is far from clear cut, Maggs or Thomas could both come in there and take it.

Jerko
08-27-2003, 11:05 PM
All those possible adulations and the Sox are a game up in a horsebleep division. Wonder why? Oh, sorry, we're not supposed to be 'miserable' anymore, I forgot.

WinningUgly!
08-27-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
All those possible adulations and the Sox are a game up in a horsebleep division. Wonder why? Oh, sorry, we're not supposed to be 'miserable' anymore, I forgot.

Answer: :jerry

Jjav829
08-27-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Sox fans are greedy, we'll still be pissed if Loaiza misses the Cy Young even if we win the series. If Thomas remotely keeps this up, I think the MVP voters need to go ahead and ignore his ok average, look at the home run totals, when he hit them and how they have sparked this team to become one of the best in the AL.
Considering that the AL MVP is far from clear cut, Maggs or Thomas could both come in there and take it.

If Frank keeps going like this, he definitely should get consideration, but I doubt he'll keep going at this HR a game pace. I think Maggs would probably get more consideration for MVP. They both have very similar numbers and I think Maggs having 40 more hits and an average about 50 points higher would probably give him the edge. They made a point on PTI today that no one with an average as low as Frank's has ever won an MVP. That said, I doubt either will win it. I would guess Ichiro wins it.