PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to play?

MarqSox
08-27-2003, 04:22 PM
I know I'm getting ahead of ourselves here, but it's a valid question since it affects non-AL Central rooting interests into September.

oheeoh...magglio
08-27-2003, 04:31 PM
Well i HATE the yankees and the mariners so no go there. I have no real problem with the red sox or a's. I guess i'll go with the a's since hearing "boston" gammons toot the red sox horn all the time becomes annoying.

soxwon
08-27-2003, 05:03 PM
something we agree on! THE SOX
if the red sox win the wild card they would play seatlle, if oakland wins they play the yankees- we get seattle which in all hell i DONT WANT to PLAY RIGHT AWAY

MRKARNO
08-27-2003, 05:25 PM
If we get past the yankees in the first round, the path ahead might be easier. See the 2002 Anaheim Angels for why drawing the Yankees first isnt bad and also the 2001 A's who, while they did lose, put up a good showing against the yanks, but blew it

FarmerAndy
08-27-2003, 05:33 PM
I'd take the Yankees or Red Sox over the Mariners or A's. The White Sox suck when they play out west.

I really want the BoSox to win the wild card. If the wild card comes out of the west, then we will have to play a west coast team in the first round, which wouldn't be good.

Anyway, let's get to the playoffs first!

FJA
08-27-2003, 05:58 PM
I can tell you who I don't want to face under any circumstances in the first round: the A's. No thanks to their three-man rotation and playing in the state of California. (Although you always have a chance facing their offense ...)

BoSox ... we match up pretty well, but if that bullpen shows up in the postseason, look out. I don't even want to talk about their offense showing up.

Mariners ... eh ... the only thing that really bothers me here is playing in Seattle. I think the first game against them in Seattle was a good indicator of what we are capable of doing against them. IMO, the last two games were screwed when Buehrle had to work with Olivo so Wrong could work with Alomar. Buehrle works much, much better with Sandy. Seattle is definitely beat-able, unless they get hot. When they're hot, watch out.

Yankees ... they get my vote for who I'd like to play. Provided the Sox offense shows up, they can play ball with the Yankees offense (except for our weak No. 9 spot, everyone else has been pretty good since the AS break). Their starting pitching is old, and combustible at times. Their bullpen is in disarray. So as of right now, I'll take the Yankees. If Weaver can come back and contribute, and White and Heredia are good enough, I might change my mind.