PDA

View Full Version : ESPN poll

Steve Bartman
08-27-2003, 02:20 PM
The front page poll on ESPN asks, "Which team will win the World Series first?" Cubs have 57.3% of the vote and the Sox have 42.6% of the vote. This really pisses me off. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

MetalliSox
08-27-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Cubsloseagain911
The front page poll on ESPN asks, "Which team will win the World Series first?" Cubs have 57.3% of the vote and the Sox have 42.6% of the vote. This really pisses me off. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Why wouldn't they choose the Cubs? I mean the Sox only have a better offense, better bullpen, and better starting rotation right now. Sheesh!

A.T. Money
08-27-2003, 02:26 PM
No surprise there. :angry:

Steve Bartman
08-27-2003, 02:33 PM
I forgot the Cubs have the "Messiah".

Eddie Gaedel
08-27-2003, 02:35 PM
it's not as bad as the poll on the back page of the cubune sports section.

Which Chicago baseball team has made the best in-season moves? 59% said cubs, 41% said sox.

not surprising, just stupid.

cheeses_h_rice
08-27-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Eddie Gaedel

Which Chicago baseball team has made the best in-season moves? 59% said cubs, 41% said sox.

I luuuv Doug Glanville and Tony Womack.

chisoxfanatic
08-27-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I luuuv Doug Glanville and Tony Womack.

Not to forget the sausage hitter!!! LOL!!!

FarmerAndy
08-27-2003, 03:08 PM
Let me explain it to you guys, it's not rocket science.

Imagine for a second that the Cubs had a better team. I don't believe they do, but if they did, I would still vote for the White Sox. I'm sure most of you would too.

You see, on polls like this people don't vote objectively, they vote for their favorite team. The Cubs have a larger following than the White Sox, therefore the Cubs win these stupid polls. Deal with it and stop whining.

All I care about is what the White Sox do on the field. I'm so sick and tired of all the crybaby b.s. over web polls and what page of the newspaper we are on. Forget about it and watch the game.

MetalliSox
08-27-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy

Imagine for a second that the Cubs had a better team. I don't believe they do, but if they did, I would still vote for the White Sox. I'm sure most of you would too.

You see, on polls like this people don't vote objectively, they vote for their favorite team. The Cubs have a larger following than the White Sox, therefor they win these stupid poles. Deal with it and stop whining.

Hey! Common Sense is not allowed on this board!

white sox bill
08-27-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Eddie Gaedel

Ya know I like Chicago and all, but hey, I never said that fans were smart! :smile:

voodoochile
08-27-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy

You see, on polls like this people don't vote objectively, they vote for their favorite team. The Cubs have a larger following than the White Sox, therefore the Cubs win these stupid polls. Deal with it and stop whining.

All I care about is what the White Sox do on the field. I'm so sick and tired of all the crybaby b.s. over web polls and what page of the newspaper we are on. Forget about it and watch the game.

:reinsy
"I've been saying it for years. This is a flubbie town and we are the redheaded stepchild of Chicago baseball (the redheaded stepchild of MLB). So we are the redheaded stepchild of a redheaded stepchild. It was that way from before I started chasing of you pathetic morons en masse. Now give me some more money so I can die with more than Einhorn..."

soxwon
08-27-2003, 05:09 PM
Carrie Wood will Get Clubed Tonight, and get Tossed Out..

LuvSox
08-27-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by soxwon
Carrie Wood will Get Clubed Tonight, and get Tossed Out..

Hey, how about giving the lottery numbers :D:

Rocklive99
08-27-2003, 05:40 PM
Yeah, I was just about to post about this

At least we have Wilbon and Bobby Valentine's support

soxwon
08-27-2003, 06:55 PM
my crystal ball developed a crack. So far no score on Wood Vs SL