PDA

View Full Version : Which Hitter is the Sox MVP?

Dadawg_77
08-27-2003, 01:14 PM
I excluded pitchers since E Lo should get it if they were included.

I would have to go with Frank. Frank is second in run created on the team with 95.5 but first in Runs created per 27 outs, at 7.63. His Isolated Power (% of slg from extra bases) is tops in the AL, secondary average (shows extra bases ((TB-H+SB+BB-CS)/AB)) is third in the AL. He carried this team back to contention in June. Just think of what he could do if Dolt Manuel gave him his proper due.

daveb816
08-27-2003, 04:19 PM
Frank. He's had as many huge late inning HR's/hits this season than the rest of the team combined, it seems: vs. Angels, Twins, Padres, D-Backs, Blue Jays. I know he hasn't been consistent, but no one in the lineup has been.

oheeoh...magglio
08-27-2003, 04:29 PM
I have to go with mags on this one. He had that amazing month of july (i believe he won al co-player of the month and hit like .450 that month.) I know he got off to a slow start, but he really came on as of late as the team got back into the race and eventually first place, and his protection in the 4 hold in the lineup has helped frank get a lot of pitches to hit, which in part has led to his revival this season.

hold2dibber
08-27-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by daveb816
Frank. He's had as many huge late inning HR's/hits this season than the rest of the team combined, it seems: vs. Angels, Twins, Padres, D-Backs, Blue Jays. I know he hasn't been consistent, but no one in the lineup has been.

You've got that right. Coming into this year, I did not consider Frank to be one of the guys I wanted up there in a clutch end-of-game situation; Jose and Paulie were my choices and Frank would have been way down the list. But this year, that has changed entirely - Frank has been Mr. Clutch and has been probably the most consistent hitter on the team (other than possibly CLee). Maggs and Carlos have both had good years, too, but Frank has been the main man.

sox_fan_forever
08-27-2003, 04:43 PM
My vote is for Frank. He's been very clutch this year.